Avid Technology

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Architect Interview

Arlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in April 2010.

Interview Details – An Avid recruiter approached me via email after seeing my CV in Monster. She first interviewed me to screen my qualifications, experience, education etc before letting me go to the next level.

The next interview was with the director of product management who was incredibly knowledgeable and sounded like a decent person. I would've definitely liked to work for him. He ended the interview by saying that most likely they will fly me to Tewksbury, MA for one final interview.

The PR lady called me a day later to schedule another appointment with another interviewer. My third interview was with another director from SW Development. He was a bit of a show off which is totally OK with me. I dealt with plenty of his type and it doesn't bother me in the least. Things went well and it was very technical...I totally liked the job even more.

I then received a call back from the same hiring manager (Dir of PM) telling me that they all liked me very much and that I will need to talk to another person. She was the director of marketing for that product.

Now here is a disclaimer; I only use mobile by lovely AT&T. I don't have any landline. The day when I had my scheduled interview, I had to rush my cat to the hospital in the morning. Being short sighted I was like it's OK; it was very early in the morning and my interview was at 4 PM. At 3PM I received a call from the animal hospital telling me that I must pick up my cat before 5 PM otherwise they will close and I will have to pick up the cat the following day which would have cost me $$$ more (NYC rip off rate). Stupidly enough I took the phone interview at 4PM and then 10 minutes later I proceeded to walk out and continued the interview while walking super fast. I am certain that this lady didn't understand a word I said. Actually I got so comfortable that I told her the story and shared way too many laughs (solo, yes I laugh at my own jokes). She seemed so nice and understandable. I was certain that I nailed yet another interview and that we connected on the human level. Oh no we didn't ;) I have never heard from them again. I had another offer from another company that I was interviewing with on the same time and that I really didn't want but who kindly gave me an offer few days after my last phone [can you hear me now] interview with Avid. I tried to prolong the signing process hoping to hear from Avid without any luck. I then emailed the HR lady explaining her that I have another offer but if they are going to continue interviewing me or giving me an offer I would reject the other company's. Sure enough i didn't hear from them.

Well I guess it was unprofessional from both of us. Me, for not postponing the interview and them for not even sending me a rejection letter or email!!

Interview Question – What didn't you like at your previous job?   View Answer

Sales Operations Interview

Burlington, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to an opportunity posted in a LinkedIn group I belong to. The HR person (who posted the opening on LinkedIn) contacted me via phone after I submitted a resume directly do her. She conducted an initial phone interview and told me that she was going to pass my information on to a manager. If he was interested he would call. He called about 2 weeks later.

I went through a phone interview with the manager. At the conclusion, he said he would probably be asking me to come in to meet his team and interview with them. The following week I was contacted by the HR person who asked the group secretary to set up meetings for me. The interviews were scheduled back-to-back and lasted from 3:00 pm until 5:30. Four people interviewed me.

Each interviewer was on time for their scheduled interview, and was prepared with questions to ask. Some of them were situational interview questions. Each one gave me their perspective on the business, their role, and the role I would be taking on. The perspectives were consistent.

After the interviews were completed, I received a request from the HR person within 1 week for a list of references. Two days later I received an offer letter.

Interview Question – Situational interview questions were presented:

"Tell me about a time when you ... " (did something above and beyond the call of duty, achieved something huge and what you learned from that, etc.)
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as presented because it was in the range I gave to the HR person during my initial call with her.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Tewksbury, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Avid Technology in August 2007.

Interview Details – Phone screen by HR, Manager, then In-person 1x1 interview with 4 engineers (45 mins each).

Interview Question – What is object - oriented?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. You able to negotiate if you have offers. Company will going to negotiate if they really want you.

Management Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avid Technology in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a different job than the one I applied for. The interviewer agreed with me that I was better qualified for the other job and told me that I would be called by another interviewer the following week. He never called me, even after several attempts to contact him.

Interview Question – I was asked questions about the position I didn't apply for.   View Answers (2)

Public Relations Interview

Daly City, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in February 2009.

Interview Details – After filling out the application, which was no big deal, I had initial phone interviews with the hiring manager, then another with an HR rep. Following that, I had in-depth phone interviews with three marketing managers, and two in-person interviews with additional marketing staff. All the Avid staff were highly intelligent and energetic; they're the kind of people I like working with. The interview questions were all the right ones; they learned about me, and I learned about them. It seemed like an excellent match. But following the interviews, I never heard back from HR, despite sending polite check-in emails every week. Three months after my interviews, I saw on their new web site that someone had the position. So I checked in with one of the people I interviewed with, who checked in with HR. Shortly thereafter, an HR rep sent me a note saying they'd gone with another candidate.

Interview Question – How do you react in situations where the poor performance of co-workers make you angry?   View Answer

Sales Management Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology in June 2011.

Interview Details – 4 stage process with 4 interviews:
HR recruiter via phone; background, industry experience
Hiring Manager in person; relevant experience
and Manager and Sales Manager, Manager, Sales Manager and Sales VP: relevant experience, objection handling, domain knowledge, presentation

Interview Question – How would you sell the Avid Media Asset Management Solution to a Broadcaster?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview Details – I had six phone interviews and feedback from HR was positive. I felt the interviews went very well. Never heard back from Avid and emails were not returned from HR.

Interview Question – Questions were very basic and not that challenging.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview and phone calls

Interview Question – Which job has your father?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avid Technology.

Interview Details – It took three interview with hiring manager, team lead and HR manager.

Interview Question – It is as usual question you will get.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Avid Technology

Interview Details – Got an Interview through referral. Interview Two rounds.

Interview Question – What will be your contribution   Answer Question