Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Avira
- C/C++ Software Developer (2)
- SEA Sales Manager (1)
- Frontend UI Developer (1)
- Backend-Entwickler (1)
- Channel Sales Manager (1)
- Web Developer (1)
- Malware Analyst (1)
- Software Programmer (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Data Scientist (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Avira.
Applied from LinkedIn. They reached out and scheduled first round HR interview according Germany time zone. The HR is super nice and friendly. First round is just collecting some information about what you have done, your skills and your expectation. Then they schedule a 24 hours programming project as second round.
- In the Technical project assignment, the second part is "do something interesting". Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in July 2013.
Initial phone interview with General Manager of US Operations. Questions about what I was looking for, where I wanted to be in 5 years, what I would be willing to commit. Secondary interview with Sales Trainer. Questions about my experience with sales, my perception of sales, whether or not I would be willing to learn and be trained. In person interview addressing my concerns about becoming a sales person.
- What do you believe is the most difficult part of being a salesman? 1 Answer
No negotiation. Take it or leave it.
Helpful (2)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in November 2012.
Their process for hiring for people who aren't local involves a call with their recruiter and a 1 hour timed exercise where they give you a mockup which you must code and return to them when done. It should be completed within an hour. The next part I'm told is speaking on the phone with their developer and if that goes well they fly you out to meet in person.
- The questions were not all that difficult, but they may be depending on your level of skill. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I am still interviewing...
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Avira.
An Interview with 2 person, 1 HR and 1 technician. It took approx. 1 hour. First, they showed some details about the position. Then, they asked some questions about my experience. In the end, they assigned me a test, which I have 24 hours to complete. I finished it on time, and sent it back. However, no response from them since then.
- The questions are nothing special. The test is not difficult but can take some time if you do not have related experience. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Avira.
Usually the candidate will have a technical test on the first interview. If the candidate manage to pass the first interview, then only he/she can proceed to the second interview.
- The test is not simple, consists of questions from files and server, networking, and mathematics. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
(Translated from English)
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Avira (Berlin (Germany)) in June 2013.
Ich habe mich online auf ihrer Webseite beworben. Die Stelle war in Deutschland. Innerhalb eines Monats setzten sie sich per E-Mail mit mir in Verbindung und schickten mir einen Test. Der Test musste innerhalb von 4 Stunden per E-Mail zurückgeschickt werden. Wenn man den Test besteht, wird man nochmals kontaktiert.
I applied online on their website. The position was based in Germany. Within a month they contacted me by email and sent a test. The test had to be returned by email within 4 hours. After the test is passed they contact you again
- Entwickeln Sie ein unabhängiges Programm in Java, das eine Zeichenkette als Parameter entgegennimmt (search_string), eine Anfrage anhand der DuckDuckGo-API macht, die Antwort analysiert und eine HTML-Seite mit den Ergebnissen der Anfrage endlich zurückgibt. Die HTML-Seite muss entsprechend der von AVIRA bereitgestellten Schablone formatiert werden (Die Schablone war eine einfache nummerierte Liste mit einem Titel). Develop a standalone program in Java that takes a string as a parameter (search_string), makes a request using the DuckDuckGo API, parses the response and, finally, returns an HTML page with the results of the request. The HTML page has to be formatted accordingly to the template provided by AVIRA (the template was a simple numbered list with a title) 1 Answer
- Implementieren Sie einen Web-Service (HTTP), der nach einer Bäckerei anhand Namens oder Bundeslandes sucht. Der Service sollte das Ergebnis als JSON zurückgeben (Name, Adresse und base64-codiertes Kartenbild). Benutzen Sie eine objektorientierte Programmi Implement a web service (HTTP) to search for a bakery by name or state. The service should return the result as JSON (name, address and base64 encoded map image). Use an object oriented programming language of your choice.
1. Insert all entries from the supplied CSV file into a SQLite database.
2. Use Google Static Maps API to create the map image.
The supplied CSV file had 8 columns: name, address, city, state, postal, county, latitude, longitude. There were about 30 records in the file. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
1.Telephonic Call [ Over 40 minutes ]
2. Task submission [ 2hrs]
3.Video Interview [ approx. 1.5 hours ]
4. Task submission [Over 3hrs ]
5. Video Interview [1.5 hours]
6. O final round
I was offered to come to Germany for final round of interview. Interviewer asked me for salary expectation, I mentioned that. They tried to close the deal with me over phone. So i asked them to give me time to reply. On replying back I said I was open to negotiation and offered them a package.
The company or the hiring person did not come back , On writing several emails the neither the HR or hiring person replied.
THis is a very sad state of affairs at Avira. Where they do not inform the candidate of the next steps. I had prepared everything form my side to fly to Germany. But the later the company just vanished and refused to answer my emails.
On forcing a reply out of them they replied. Its a very un-courteous , un-professional attitude from the company
- Workshop / brainstorming session
2 Lengthy tasks. Answer Question
- Workshop / brainstorming session
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Avira (Bucharest (Romania)).
2) Practical test
3) Description of project
4) Online psihological test
5) Background check
6) 1:1 with Country Manager
- No difficult or unexpected questions Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Avira (Bucharest (Romania)) in April 2012.
HR lady was OK. Described the company and the opportunities in a fair manner.
- During the interview I had to develop a client-server application. I wrote it in C++. After if successfully finished the code, the interviewer surprisingly asked me why I didn't write it in C. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Avira (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2010.
Show determination in the job. Inside contacts important
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review