Avis Budget Group

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was contacted by their outsourced human resources department. They call you and schedule them to call you for an interview over the phone. They ask you some basic questions, and depending on if the person you talk to in the call center likes you, they schedule a face to face interview at the location you applied for. At my face to face, it was very laid back and they make you feel at home. I received a job offer on the spot, and was sent away for a drug test. They run a background check, and check your driving record since you'll be working around cars. If those are clear, you start training a few days later.

Interview Question – The questions were very straight forward, very STAR oriented.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call within a week and had an on the phone interview. They called me in for a 1-on-1 interview which was scheduled a few days after the phone interview. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – If you want this job, just emphasize that you love working outdoors and all hours and that you love working with people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Two hour interview discussing the complex and basic job requirements and getting to know the individual and seeing their work ethic.

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, got a phone interview in less than 2 days, had a person to person interview the next week,started a week later after I passed drug and background check

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – a letter stating your pay.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the District Manager. Questions were about previous work and experience, about certain situations where you showed your skills. Had to do a drug test afterwards and other paperwork before starting with orientation. It was a fairly easy interview, nothing out of the ordinary but the job is easy also.

Interview Question – What was the worst customer you ever had and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation!

Pensacola, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for Return Vehicle Associate/Customer Service Representative on Feb. 21, 2013 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:04 a.m. I received an email confirmation that I have passed the initial steps of their screening. The next step is a 10-20 minute telephone interview. So I called and did the interview. It was fairly easy and just be careful to quickly think about what you say before you actually say it. I will be going on Feb. 26, 2013 at noon for my F2F interview. Make sure to read over your job description and understand what your duties are. I will be back and update once I do my F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the duties assigned to you. Tell me what you did and what was the outcome.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset person. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews and interviews in person.

Interview Question – All questions were easy and normal interview questions - nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 2 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter. He asked pretty basic questions like "Why do I think i'd be good for the customer service position" and "what would past employer say about me" it was very easy and the recruiter was very friendly. About two days later I was contacted for second interview....which was conducted at 9pm....the recruiter was not very enthusiastic and seemed very dry. Literally every question he asked started with "Tell me about a time when". The questions weren't difficult at all. He told me the salary was 8.50 which was way lower than I was initially informed. I received an email saying that I didn't get the job......I'm not exactly complaining though lol.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to pay attention to extreme detail   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was called a few weeks ago in march and then a recruiter called me today and I did the second interview which was 20 minutes long. I was told myy file would be transfered to HR.

Interview Question – Was there a time at your old place of employment where you had to pay extreme attention detail.   View Answer

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for customer service representative position and within a week I received a phone call from the Avis Budget Group. The questions that were asked were mainly pre-screening questions, a couple concerning my previous jobs and how my previous employers would rate me. I was then told that someone would contact me if they felt I was a good candidate for the position. I just received a phone call from the HR department, 15 days later,. They ask to set up an interview time. Will update with more information when I get back from interview.

Interview Question – How would your previous employer rate your performance?   Answer Question

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!