Avis Budget Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.3

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2013.

Applied online. Called them to follow up. Received call from a recruiter. Had one over the phone interview. One in person interview. Did drug screening and background check. Received phone call with job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you feel that it's important to be available on short notice? (On-call scenario)   View Answer
Very cut and dry. There was very little available to negotiate at the time. But it is possible to negotiate higher wages and better positions as well as scheduling restrictions. Be savvy.

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2014.

I applied online and 2 days after doing so I received an email about a phone interview and nailed it and I was scheduled for a face to face interview that I nailed as well !! �� The interview had me a lil nervous because you will be asked to role play but I put my fears aside . Then after the interview I received my job offer and now I have orientation this week I'm super excited about starting my career with Avis Budget Group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time in which you overcame conflict with a customer ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel your a great fit for the position in which you applied ?   Answer Question
    • Do you have issue with working flexible hours or working outside if need be ?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you obtain to assist you in your work ?   Answer Question
    If you accept the offer , make sure your a peoples person they are very strict about over the top customer service because you working with customers your entire shift be willing to lend a helping had and do for someone else what you would expect if you were a customer. Good Luck on you job search.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

I applied online, and was contacted by their outsourced human resources department. They call you and schedule them to call you for an interview over the phone. They ask you some basic questions, and depending on if the person you talk to in the call center likes you, they schedule a face to face interview at the location you applied for. At my face to face, it was very laid back and they make you feel at home. I received a job offer on the spot, and was sent away for a drug test. They run a background check, and check your driving record since you'll be working around cars. If those are clear, you start training a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward, very STAR oriented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

I applied online, got a call within a week and had an on the phone interview. They called me in for a 1-on-1 interview which was scheduled a few days after the phone interview. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If you want this job, just emphasize that you love working outdoors and all hours and that you love working with people.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Two hour interview discussing the complex and basic job requirements and getting to know the individual and seeing their work ethic.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2010.

applied online, got a phone interview in less than 2 days, had a person to person interview the next week,started a week later after I passed drug and background check

Interview Questions
    a letter stating your pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

I had one interview with the District Manager. Questions were about previous work and experience, about certain situations where you showed your skills. Had to do a drug test afterwards and other paperwork before starting with orientation. It was a fairly easy interview, nothing out of the ordinary but the job is easy also.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer you ever had and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    No negotiation!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2012.

I applied for Return Vehicle Associate/Customer Service Representative on Feb. 21, 2013 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:04 a.m. I received an email confirmation that I have passed the initial steps of their screening. The next step is a 10-20 minute telephone interview. So I called and did the interview. It was fairly easy and just be careful to quickly think about what you say before you actually say it. I will be going on Feb. 26, 2013 at noon for my F2F interview. Make sure to read over your job description and understand what your duties are. I will be back and update once I do my F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the duties assigned to you. Tell me what you did and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset person. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Idaho Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2010.

Phone interviews and interviews in person.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy and normal interview questions - nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2011.

I applied online and about 2 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter. He asked pretty basic questions like "Why do I think i'd be good for the customer service position" and "what would past employer say about me" it was very easy and the recruiter was very friendly. About two days later I was contacted for second interview....which was conducted at 9pm....the recruiter was not very enthusiastic and seemed very dry. Literally every question he asked started with "Tell me about a time when". The questions weren't difficult at all. He told me the salary was 8.50 which was way lower than I was initially informed. I received an email saying that I didn't get the job......I'm not exactly complaining though lol.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to pay attention to extreme detail   Answer Question

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!