Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

First I took Computer assessment , I was called for phone interview , was scheduled for a face to face interview and then offer was made. Took quite some time for management to get back to me , had to keep calling to check status of application and to schedule start date

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 2 weeks later. Went for my first interview on Friday of the same week, another interview was on Saturday, and the follow up interview was 6 days later. Manager who interviewed me was very nice and very professional.
    First interview took about 30 minutes and was very basic, with simple questions such as " why would we hire you?"
    Second interview was more detailed, they gave me a couple of scenarios to read through, and act it out as I was already employed. Everything took about 2 hours.
    Third interview was a couple of basic questions, an offer of employment, and compensation overview.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews about sales and customer services. Pitching sales to each customer and knowing about your products that you are selling. Talking about hours and how they care about there employees and able to help them with sales, customer services, and what ways they are able to keep customer coming back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

initially I went in for the customer service rep. Position in January. Attended the information session and then two days from then I had an overall interview. The interview was simple. Questions about my past work experiences and how did I handle them. Then if and what if questions about the position I was applying for. Just quiet and simple. I didn't get the job but 2 months later was told they still had a position for Truck Commercial Account Rep. Open. They said they were impressed with my interview and kept it on file then I was referred to another the other position and was asked if I was still interested in working at avis. The position was easier and actually an ENTRY LEVEL position. The pay was 3 dollars less ($10) and Of course I was still interested so I accepted the offer. The position required making reservations with current account members for truck rentals. Spoke with a rep on Sunday March 15, got me in for a job shadow on Wednesday of March 18 to get a feel for the position. The atmosphere was very nice and so were the people! I enjoyed my day at avis! Spoke to a lady from another department about my interest in the position. Told her I was interested still and could actually see myself doing the job! All was well and everyone was excited that I'd be joining the team. I was sent to the front desk, handed paper work to fill out (background, w-4, drug screening etc.) and was told to come back on the 6th of April for orientation! And I will indeed be coming back to start my new career at avis budget group!! So you can say the process was a bit odd but I ended up getting another position I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• My level of skill with computers   1 Answer

Sales Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

I got in contact with a recruiter and we e-mailed back and forth, we did a phone interview call and it went well, so she set up an interview in person with another Sales Performance Manager. After it was confirmed, I had to fax papers etc. Interview was at 2pm and after searching forever to find the place within the airport, I found it, got there 10 minutes early. Well, I waited for about 40 minutes (2:40) before he came out. Assuming he got busy. I went into his office and we sat down, went well. I also met with the other manager, he even walked me around the facility. At the end I asked what the follow up process is, he said 2 weeks! So, I have to wait 2 weeks to hear back, I feel why take me around and talk business and not hire me? I felt insignificant and after all the preparing I did and I also wrote up my own document. So now I have to wait 2 weeks without pay, so he can interview tons of people and that doesn't mean I got the job, anyone can have it now. Guess i'm a little disappointed, did anyone else have to wait 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have? What would you do to change and help the facility?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Very easy and accommodating. They worked with my availability, and told me what to expect. They make the job seem very appealing. I went through 2 face to face and 2 phone interviews before an official offer was presented. the process took about 1 month,

Interview Questions

• A series of canned questions relating to customer service and leadership.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty standard. Phone screen interview followed by a one on one interview with management. The one on one interview was fairly straight forward. Asked about background skills and went over resume, and explained job description and compensation. Follow up from the one on one took about a week. Afterwards went straight into drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I've ever been terminated and to explain why.   Answer Question

Specialty Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application, I received a phone call from a recruiter who told me that I didn't have the experience for the customer service position but that I would be great for the Specialty Reservation Agent position. I then had to fill out an app for it and call a phone number. I took an online assessment and was called back for a phone interview. The phone interview was okay, she asked me questions like tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you gave excellent customer service, ect. I was then told that I need to arrive at 8:30am to an information session and I would also have a face to face I terview and could be hired on the spot. I was then told about the company and their great benefits and what would be required of me. There was about 4 other applicants watching the presentation as well. They took us back and let us see what we would be doing if we got the job and even let us listen to phone calls that were being taken. A very awesome lady came and got me and told me it was time for my interview. She asked me some basic type of questions and then she offered me the job! I was so happy! I start in a week. Oh I also had to drive down the street for a drug test but that was it. I will be training for 4 weeks before they put me on the floor and so far so good!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you had an issue with a co-worker and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was about a 3 week wait to hear back after applying on their website. Then they do a quick phone interview with a national recruiter just to make sure you're okay with the hours and pay for the job. They then give you tips for the in person interview. A week later I did the in person interview and it went very well and they seem interested, but they didn't offer me the job in the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by one person. Asked what my five year plan was, why I chose to apply to avis, how I handled a difficult situation with a customer, also did a sales game where he told me to try and sell the telephone in his office to him. Very straightforward and friendly interview process. The role playing was easy for me and I think most people should expect such a interview question for any sales job.