Avis Budget Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
DFW, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and 2 days after doing so I received an email about a phone interview and nailed it and I was scheduled for a face to face interview that I nailed as well !! �� The interview had me a lil nervous because you will be asked to role play but I put my fears aside . Then after the interview I received my job offer and now I have orientation this week I'm super excited about starting my career with Avis Budget Group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in which you overcame conflict with a customer ?   Answer Question
  • Why do you feel your a great fit for the position in which you applied ?   Answer Question
  • Do you have issue with working flexible hours or working outside if need be ?   Answer Question
  • What skills do you obtain to assist you in your work ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you accept the offer , make sure your a peoples person they are very strict about over the top customer service because you working with customers your entire shift be willing to lend a helping had and do for someone else what you would expect if you were a customer. Good Luck on you job search.

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Driver Interview

Part Time Driver

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email to setup a phone screening. After the phone screen I went in and talked to a manager. She basically told me about the job and asked if I wanted it.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Rental Sales Agent

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call within a week and had an on the phone interview. They called me in for a 1-on-1 interview which was scheduled a few days after the phone interview

Interview Question – The questions were very straight forward   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – 2 interviews: 1. Phone Interview: - Peoplescout | 2. One2One: - District Manager at Dallas Area

1.5 hours interview - basic interview questions! The manager was more interested in learning my work approach & thinking ability than anthing else. I liked it!

Interview Question – Being a manager, can you wash cars if needed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat price - non negotiable!

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – Applied online and was called by a recruiter and set up an interview date at the airport. Talked to one of the managers about my resume and goals as far as career plans. Interviewed with the Area manager after that and talked about my resume again and he detailed the Operations Manager position and was deciding if the fit would be right.

Interview Question – Asked where I would want to see myself in the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Operations Manager In Training Interview

Operations Manager In Training
Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I took an online test that was part IQ and part different how you would handle different scenerios. I received a call from the Avis recuitment department who set me up with a face to face interview at the Philadelphia airport location. I met with the HR representative first, then the regional manager and finally the branch manager. I thought things went quite well until I received an email saying they were not interested and that they were going with some other candidates with better qualifications. I am really not sure what happened but it is interesting to note that I was the only white person interviewing that day and I am not sure if there was some reverse discrimination or not but I know that I was qualified for that job and did exceptionally well on the interview and I do not say that that after every interview I go on bit I would love to know the real answer.

Interview Question – How I dealt with a negative situation during my previous job and how I handled it depite it being a lose lose for everyone while keeping the company integrity and my own.   Answer Question

Car Return Associate Interview

Car Return Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – I applied online, it really didn't take that long to fill out. Then in a day, they emailed me telling me
I passed the first step and gave me a number to call for a phone interview.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you provided customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was contacted by their outsourced human resources department. They call you and schedule them to call you for an interview over the phone. They ask you some basic questions, and depending on if the person you talk to in the call center likes you, they schedule a face to face interview at the location you applied for. At my face to face, it was very laid back and they make you feel at home. I received a job offer on the spot, and was sent away for a drug test. They run a background check, and check your driving record since you'll be working around cars. If those are clear, you start training a few days later.

Interview Question – The questions were very straight forward, very STAR oriented.   Answer Question

Rapid Return Agent Interview

Rapid Return Agent
Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the appropriate office and greeted by the administrative secretary who confirmed my interview and introduced me to the hiring manager, who probed my previous work experience and offered me more choices than the job applied for. After some discussion we agreed on a position and I started the job two days later.

Interview Question – Can you work an 8 hour shift without a break?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no real negotiations, accept or decline.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – I began the interview process almost a year before being hired. I interviewed with 3 people and was down to the finalist when I learned of a hiring freeze. The recruiter was very helpful and insightful and encouraged me to try again during the first quarter of the year, which I did. After a couple of months of additional interview in the first quarter, I was offered the position.

Everyone I met with throughout the interview process was professional and provided me thorough information of the position.

Interview Question – How would your closest friends describe you? It made me think of myself from a totally different perspective. I had to ask them once I left the interview and the responses were very pleasantly surprising.   View Answer

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!