Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.3

Truck Commercial Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

initially I went in for the customer service rep. Position in January. Attended the information session and then two days from then I had an overall interview. The interview was simple. Questions about my past work experiences and how did I handle them. Then if and what if questions about the position I was applying for. Just quiet and simple. I didn't get the job but 2 months later was told they still had a position for Truck Commercial Account Rep. Open. They said they were impressed with my interview and kept it on file then I was referred to another the other position and was asked if I was still interested in working at avis. The position was easier and actually an ENTRY LEVEL position. The pay was 3 dollars less ($10) and Of course I was still interested so I accepted the offer. The position required making reservations with current account members for truck rentals. Spoke with a rep on Sunday March 15, got me in for a job shadow on Wednesday of March 18 to get a feel for the position. The atmosphere was very nice and so were the people! I enjoyed my day at avis! Spoke to a lady from another department about my interest in the position. Told her I was interested still and could actually see myself doing the job! All was well and everyone was excited that I'd be joining the team. I was sent to the front desk, handed paper work to fill out (background, w-4, drug screening etc.) and was told to come back on the 6th of April for orientation! And I will indeed be coming back to start my new career at avis budget group!! So you can say the process was a bit odd but I ended up getting another position I was interested in.

Sales Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

I got in contact with a recruiter and we e-mailed back and forth, we did a phone interview call and it went well, so she set up an interview in person with another Sales Performance Manager. After it was confirmed, I had to fax papers etc. Interview was at 2pm and after searching forever to find the place within the airport, I found it, got there 10 minutes early. Well, I waited for about 40 minutes (2:40) before he came out. Assuming he got busy. I went into his office and we sat down, went well. I also met with the other manager, he even walked me around the facility. At the end I asked what the follow up process is, he said 2 weeks! So, I have to wait 2 weeks to hear back, I feel why take me around and talk business and not hire me? I felt insignificant and after all the preparing I did and I also wrote up my own document. So now I have to wait 2 weeks without pay, so he can interview tons of people and that doesn't mean I got the job, anyone can have it now. Guess i'm a little disappointed, did anyone else have to wait 2 weeks?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have? What would you do to change and help the facility?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Very easy and accommodating. They worked with my availability, and told me what to expect. They make the job seem very appealing. I went through 2 face to face and 2 phone interviews before an official offer was presented. the process took about 1 month,

Interview Questions
    • A series of canned questions relating to customer service and leadership.   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2015.

It was about a 3 week wait to hear back after applying on their website. Then they do a quick phone interview with a national recruiter just to make sure you're okay with the hours and pay for the job. They then give you tips for the in person interview. A week later I did the in person interview and it went very well and they seem interested, but they didn't offer me the job in the end.

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

I applied online, watched some excellent videos on how great this company is to work for. I really researched the company and grew so excited to get to potentially work for them and grow my career.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and she pumped me up saying I was perfect for this position! I was so excited, she sounded so nice on the phone.

Next was my Face to Face....at this point it went all down hill. I was interviewed by three people. Two airport managers and the city manager. I kept my excitement thoughout the day and was excited to learn about the position. However, the interviewers didn't ask very good questions and were incredibly rude. They brought me out in the cold to see "if I could handle it" also the airport manager made me aware "that I would be on the night shift and have NO VACATION AND HOLIDAYS" all which I said I was willing to do and was here to work. I also came from 900 miles away to interview and they kept me for 2.5 hours, and in the end I didn't even get the job. I would seriously recommend thinking twice about applying for this job. This company seemed very unprofessional and rude. I was not impressed and it was a let down.

Lot Shuttler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2015.

First I received a phone interview, then was invited for a second interview. They ask you questions about who you are, what you enjoy doing, etc. Was a pretty laid back interview nothing too hard that you have to do research about the company.

One thing I do suggest is to not go in without some positivity. I noticed they were looking for a great people person, someone that can get along with others and work as a team.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

After applying online, they sent an email aying to call this number for a phone interview. Nobody ever answers this phone. I left messages and recieved a call back 3 days later. After conducring the phone interview, I recieve another email asking to call the same number to schedule my in person interview. Again, no ine answered. I left a message and they called back 3 days later. Firstly, they scheduled my interview for a day when the manager was not in the office, so I had to come back the next day. The interview was very short and the manager did not really care about what I had to say. He ran through my resume very briefly and then asked if I had questions. I had questions about the job, since he didn't tell me anything. He answered my questions in a very basic and nondescriptive way. And then the interview ended, it lasted 10 minutes and honestly was a waste of time, both days that I had shown up.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked, I had to ask him about the job because he didn't ask me or tell me anything.   Answer Question

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2015.

I applied for the position received an email the day after telling me to call the 1800 number for the telephone interview first day i called 5 times no answer next day after 4 times then the 5th time i got an answer interview went pretty well Thank God i was told that i will be able to schedule a face to face interview i was given all the information i needed as to what to do before i went to interview.... my interview is not until next week of march 2015 if the hours are promising then i will accept the job heard great things about the company

Interview Questions
    • State an experience you have had with a difficult customer   View Answer

Vehicle Return Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Phone interview. Had to call a lot of times before someone answered to conduct the phone interview. They know the position you applied for based on your number when you call. Interview questions very specific about helping customers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you helped an irate customer and defused the situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Hiker/Driver/Shuttler Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Fair and productive interview process. The necessary question were appropriate and the responses were accepted with an open mind for the situation. My supervisor was approachable and was attentive to my situation.