Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR from one of the staffing agency. She set a time for a phone screening interview. She called on the assigned time only to inform the screening will be conducted by someone from the company. I again assigned a time for the interview. I got a call from one of the employees at Avis Budget Group. General questions about my resume and their requirements. After that I was never contacted. I also tried following up with the HR, but to no response.
    I recently came to know that they had already hired someone for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

I applied online, watched some excellent videos on how great this company is to work for. I really researched the company and grew so excited to get to potentially work for them and grow my career.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and she pumped me up saying I was perfect for this position! I was so excited, she sounded so nice on the phone.

Next was my Face to Face....at this point it went all down hill. I was interviewed by three people. Two airport managers and the city manager. I kept my excitement thoughout the day and was excited to learn about the position. However, the interviewers didn't ask very good questions and were incredibly rude. They brought me out in the cold to see "if I could handle it" also the airport manager made me aware "that I would be on the night shift and have NO VACATION AND HOLIDAYS" all which I said I was willing to do and was here to work. I also came from 900 miles away to interview and they kept me for 2.5 hours, and in the end I didn't even get the job. I would seriously recommend thinking twice about applying for this job. This company seemed very unprofessional and rude. I was not impressed and it was a let down.

Lot Shuttler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2015.

Interview

First I received a phone interview, then was invited for a second interview. They ask you questions about who you are, what you enjoy doing, etc. Was a pretty laid back interview nothing too hard that you have to do research about the company.

One thing I do suggest is to not go in without some positivity. I noticed they were looking for a great people person, someone that can get along with others and work as a team.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Myrtle Beach, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying online, they sent an email aying to call this number for a phone interview. Nobody ever answers this phone. I left messages and recieved a call back 3 days later. After conducring the phone interview, I recieve another email asking to call the same number to schedule my in person interview. Again, no ine answered. I left a message and they called back 3 days later. Firstly, they scheduled my interview for a day when the manager was not in the office, so I had to come back the next day. The interview was very short and the manager did not really care about what I had to say. He ran through my resume very briefly and then asked if I had questions. I had questions about the job, since he didn't tell me anything. He answered my questions in a very basic and nondescriptive way. And then the interview ended, it lasted 10 minutes and honestly was a waste of time, both days that I had shown up.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, I had to ask him about the job because he didn't ask me or tell me anything.   Answer Question

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position received an email the day after telling me to call the 1800 number for the telephone interview first day i called 5 times no answer next day after 4 times then the 5th time i got an answer interview went pretty well Thank God i was told that i will be able to schedule a face to face interview i was given all the information i needed as to what to do before i went to interview.... my interview is not until next week of march 2015 if the hours are promising then i will accept the job heard great things about the company

Interview Questions

• State an experience you have had with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a tad bit unorganized, but the managers that I interviewed were so nice and were not only focused on job related questions but who I was as a person. The process took about two weeks, not too long. I originally applied for another position that suited my experience a little more, but I was offered another job position. I was comfortable doing either.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked specific questions, they interviewers just wanted to know what kind of person I was. We laughed with each other and talked for a little while. Just be yourself and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Had to call a lot of times before someone answered to conduct the phone interview. They know the position you applied for based on your number when you call. Interview questions very specific about helping customers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you helped an irate customer and defused the situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Hiker/Driver/Shuttler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Fair and productive interview process. The necessary question were appropriate and the responses were accepted with an open mind for the situation. My supervisor was approachable and was attentive to my situation.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

applied online and was called back for a phone interview. A few days later i was called in for group interview, then selected for individual interview. asked simple,dull and generic interview question.

Interview Questions

Unprofessional. group interview really? Get some HR consultants please.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later a recruiter contacted me and told me what to say in the interview and scheduled the interview for the next week. I showed up to my interview on time and they made me wait 30 minutes before calling me upstairs to interview. No apologies for the wait. First the Airport Manager interviewed me, then the District Manager interviewed me, then the Sales Manager interviewed me. They all asked the exact same questions over and over, I think they take notes to make sure your answers stay the same. I was then given a tour of the entire airport where I would be working and at the conclusion the Airport Manager told me to schedule my final interview with the HR Manager over the phone since she wasn't there. The entire process took 3 hours and I left feeling pretty pumped because they were saying that after the HR Manager called I would receive an offer. On Sunday (had my interview on Friday) I got an email at 7:01 AM thanking me for my time and that they had gone with a more qualified candidate. I thought this was very weird so I sent a polite message to the Airport Manager asking if this was a mistake because I thought the interviews went quite well and that Monday I was supposed to have my HR interview. He responded back via email very quickly apologizing and letting me know that the email was a mistake and to be expecting the HR Manager to call me at 9AM on Monday morning. I took the morning off from work so I would have an uninterrupted phone interview. The HR Manager never called. I called the office and they were shocked that no one called me. I told them I had to go to work, but I could probably take a late lunch at 1pm and have the interview then and the office worker said she would set this up for me. 1pm came and went and no one called me so after work I called back in and asked them what had happened. The office person apologized and made another appointment for a couple of days later. The HR Manager finally called me back 2 days later, and I had to interview at work which wasn't ideal for me. She seemed very unorganized and didn't even apologize for wasting my time earlier that week. She asked the same exact questions that the other managers asked but I could hardly understand her because she had me on a speaker phone and I had to ask her to repeat her questions multiple times. She then told me they would let me know as soon as possible because they needed to fill the position soon. A week passed so I emailed the Airport Manager since he wasn't in his office when I called and he never responded to me. 3 weeks later no status updates so I emailed Human Resources and I got a prompt email back letting me know that they went with someone more qualified for the position. The whole process was a huge waste of time for me, and they don't value your time at all. That is the message I got about this company through their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a difficult customer and how did you defuse the situation?
      How do you feel about working overtime?
      How do you feel about working 3rd shift?

Answer Question