Avis Budget Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Question – If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question

Rover Interview

Rover
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – very easy just don't have a felony, a good driving record express a need for the job

Negotiation Details – none, they told me everything no room for neg. if i wanted the job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, got a phone interview in less than 2 days, had a person to person interview the next week,started a week later after I passed drug and background check

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – a letter stating your pay.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Rental Sales Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Very quick to set up interview, about 30 minutes long process. The manager of the branch was doing it himself he was polite, fun, genuinely interested in ideas or facts about myself. Mostly consisted on questions about yourself and how you'd fit within the company. Best question was how would I use this job to take steps toward my actual dream job.

Interview Question – All easy questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Operations Manager Trainee
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Chicago office to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview took roughly 10-15 minutes and was centered around my leadership style and customer service skills. He asked me questions such as, " how would you describe your leadership style," and " How did you handle dealing with a difficult employee." After the phone interview, I was asked to pick a date and time to conduct a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview took roughly around 3-4 hours. The interviewer asked me questions about my leadership style, customer service skills, and task management skills. After the question and answer session was over, I was given a brief tour of the work facility.

The work culture seemed very goal oriented; I was ushered into a back office where I was shown a goal metric and sales board.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me two questions that were completely unexpected.

The first question, " Name a time when you set a goal and you were unable to meet that goal? How did you handle your shortcomings? What did you do to address that issue for the future?

The second and last question," how many times did your supervisor have to reprimand your working behavior? What was it? How did you rectify the issue?
  Answer Question

Shuttle Driver Interview

Shuttle Driver
Abilene, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Access to the web site and application process was exceptionally informative and easy. The interview process was conducted very professionally by Joseph Stewart. The explanation of pay and driving duties was clear and to the point. All of my questions were answered to my satisfaction.

Interview Question – Was the hourly rate acceptable to me? My reply was, "A low paycheck certainly beats no paycheck.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed, as my inquiry for part time employment was completely satisfactory.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was very long and at the end worthless. They offered a job and when it came down to it they changed everything up making it horrible. This was after the offer and after I gave notice.

Reason for Declining – They changed the offer after they made the offer.

Manager Interview

Manager
Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – Questions on schedule flexibility, working with others, customer service scenarios. It is all about taking care of the customer.

Interview Question – Will you relocate, always say yes even if the answer is no. They won't hire you if you say no.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, probably should have.

Local Market Sales Manager Interview

Local Market Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – hated it way too long over 1 month process come on people

Interview Question – the whole thing was a total nightmare   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – apply online, phone screen and on-site interview

Interview Question – during phone screen, asked technical questions regarding the use of Excel   Answer Question