Avis Budget Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

CSA Interview

CSA
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – First you must pass a phone interview. You then get an email for an appointment for an in person interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set hourly wage

Opations Manager Trainee Interview

Opations Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. After 3 weeks received an email stating "congratulations, you've passed the initial steps of our screening". It advised to call an 800 number to complete a telephone interview.

Called immediately upon recieving the email. LISTEN TO THE PROMPTS! 1- for first time callers. but 4- for if you received a call or email.

First call, long wait time... Spoke to a recuiter who confirmed by identity and immediately advised that he needed to transfer me to a "senior recuiter". He transferred but the line went to a busy signal.

Second call... Spoke to a different recuuiter who advised that these was no telephone interview postitions available and that they would contact me via phone or email if something opens up.

Third call... Spoke to another different recruiter. I explained that I was cutoff upon transfer to a "senior representative". The recuiter responded that basically the reason I was transferred was because no interveiw spots were open... she said this after she "checked my file", so they keep records of your call...

To me this is odd, due to the fact of calling immediately upon receiving the email. But on the first call I selected option 1 without listening to the entire options list. Maybe I was flagged for not selecting 4, after listening to the entire list on the second call... Guess I failed the first test.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep, followed by one on one with district manager, after that city manager interviews with you and district manager reporting to them.

Interview Question – Handling irate customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Rental Sales Associate

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – The whole process has been a giant waste of time, read this before you apply.

The way you apply is online and are then asked to do an hour long online assessment which consists mostly of what you would do in various customer service situations. I passed this then was sent and email to call a 800 number for a phone interview. The 800 number is their national recruiting number you are not talking to anyone that works for the branch you are applying to. This consists of basic questions of your experience. I passed the phone interview and was then told to wait for another email for a face to face interview. I received an email that appointments were available I called the 800 number to get an interview time only to be told all appointments were full. I received another email a few days later saying appointment times were available so i called the 800 number 30 minutes after I received the email and yet again there were no appointment times available.

Your experience may be different depending on what location you apply to, but I would suggest not wasting your time. A company is supposed to give a good first impression when hiring. If this is the way they run things I can't imagine actually working for them would be much better.

Interview Question – One of the phone interview questions was how I sold a customer who at first didn't want what I was selling   Answer Question

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Rental Sales Agent
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Applied on their website, received a call next day for a phone interview. Right away I was told I passed the phone interview but there where no openings for a face to face interview, and they would call or email to set one up. Every Thursday they send an email to set up the face to face interview. I call back in to set it up and I'm told that there are no openings. I've waited 4 weeks now. I've finally withdrew my candidacy because they never have time available to interview their candidates. Complete waste of time.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Typical experience: prescreen with HR followed by meeting with hiring manager and their superior afterwards.

Negotiation Details – Straightforward, they offered what I was looking for.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Rental Sales Associate

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – Multiple steps - 1) Reply from Avis via email inviting you to a telephonic interview; 2) Invitation to face-to-face interview with local manager (this is a two step interview, step one is standard, step two involves role playing the job you're expected to do); 3) Drug and Background Check.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Operations Manager Trainee
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited at a Job Fair by the District Sales Performance Manager. (Oddly enough they were not taking resumes, nor looking for Management Types, but rental agents.) I was told to go to the corporate website and apply for the position in my area. Instead of uploading a resume, I filled out a questionnaire and later got an email saying "We decided to pursue other candidates whose expectations and qualifications more closely match the positions requirements."

Interview Question – If we were to call your previous employer, How would they rank your performance/ work ethic?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the District Manager. Questions were about previous work and experience, about certain situations where you showed your skills. Had to do a drug test afterwards and other paperwork before starting with orientation. It was a fairly easy interview, nothing out of the ordinary but the job is easy also.

Interview Question – What was the worst customer you ever had and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation!

Utility Agent-PM Tech Interview

Utility Agent-PM Tech
San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – I found a job listing on an employment search engine, the ad linked to an online application. About 12 hours after filling out and submitting the application, I received an email urging me to call an 800 number for a telephone interview between 7am and 11pm central time. The "interview" was more of a screening and all questions asked seemed to come word for word out of the job description posted on the original employment ad: Do you have X amount of experience? Do you have a Driver’s license? Can you work at X time? Is salary X ok? Etc…

The "interview" experience was eerily similar to calling an outsourced technical support center, where “Steve” reads from a script and thanks you gratuitously every time you provide an acceptable answer. The phone interview lasted no more than 5 or 6 minutes and concluded with me being told that I have been advanced to a face to face interview. Unfortunately, they were unable to schedule an interview at the current time and I was to expect a call soon to schedule an interview.

At 10:13am the following day I received a phone call to schedule an interview (caller id came up as 00 for phone number, location unknown). I accepted the first option offered at 8am the following Monday.

I showed up early for the interview and found street parking close to the location on Adams ave. This location does not have onsite parking, it may look like it on Google maps but they use the parking lot for car storage and the security guard advised me to park on the street. Unfortunately for me, the doors were locked and a quick glance through the window revealed nothing but empty desks and dusty motivational posters. I waited till 8:26am until I called ABG’s 800 number thinking that my interview might have been canceled or rescheduled. I was told to “wait it out” and that the employees were “probably getting a late start to the day”. It wasn’t until 8:55am that someone finally came to unlock the door.

The face to face interview lasted less than 15 minutes, I was asked no questions. The majority of the time was spent with the guy describing the job, the benefits and possibilities for promotion. After taking a glance at my resume I was informed that I was so overqualified for the position that he would have me take a drug test that day. However, since they are a union shop, priority for the position will be given to all the employees that they had recently laid off. He then gathered up my papers, (resumes, application, license printout etc..) handed them back to me and showed me the door. On my way out I was informed that the employee who normally gives interviews was on vacation and that nobody knew that corporate had scheduled interviews. I was told that I would receive a phone call even if I was not offered the position, it never happened.

Interview Question – No questions asked   Answer Question