Avis Budget Group Interview Questions & Reviews

180 interviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2009.

One interview. They make sure you are not afraid to work in the public trying to secure sales, so one has to be a bit aggresive and outgoing.

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation? It was a set amount, there was no negotiation.

RSA Interview

Called for interview, went over role play sales, and past work experience

base rate firm

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

I did one phone interview that was easy since I have 13 years of great customer service. Then when I went to the interview. I got chewed out for parking on the lot. Please note there is no other place to park. The first thing that lady said was "ooh let me stop you right here. You take classes? Unless you trying to drop them." I had a blank stare. For 9.45 an hour you want me to have all availability and I can't go to school? I said you can't go to school and work here? She said No-We don't work with your schedule you work with ours." With a snappy attitude. I packed my things and proceeded to leave and i was told i had to keep my application there?? WHY> I will never work for a company that is not helpful with students that want to go to school. Unless you have all the free time in the world and plan to never get a degree ever. This will be the perfect place for you. Oh the guy who was suppose to interview me was late to.

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

The interview process is pretty simple, fill out an application online and they will call you back. I was interviewed by the airport manager first, then sales manager. The sales manager was bringing in his friend for the job so that's why I didn't get it. I went in the interview with a B.S degree and military experience but of course the sales manager looked out for his friend who only had a diploma.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, Why Avis? Describe yourself in three words, how will you motivate your employees   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate a salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Really easy. Almost as if they interview you they hire you. They take a lot of chances because its a union job. you have 3 months to have good sales, you have good sales they keep you. If not, well you know. Your interview is really the 3 month probation period if you ask me.

Interview Questions
    • They do have a questionnaire before you start your probation period. They're almost unnecessary because the questions are ridiculous like "is it OK to steal small things from the company like paper, pens and staplers?"   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because its union and the base pay is already determined. Want to make more money? Get higher commissions!

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2013.

You'll complete the initial application online and if your information warrants a phone interview they'll contact you in order to set up a time. The phone interview lasts about 30 minutes and the interviewer will ask you leading questions, so it's not too stressful as long as you prepare. Assuming you do fine on the phone interview you'll be asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The personal interview I went through was very pleasant and lasted for about 1 and 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The question to be ready for is "what does customer service mean to you"? Have a thought-out answer ready that sounds sincere.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2013.

First you must pass a phone interview. You then get an email for an appointment for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Set hourly wage

Opations Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2013.

Filled out application online. After 3 weeks received an email stating "congratulations, you've passed the initial steps of our screening". It advised to call an 800 number to complete a telephone interview.

Called immediately upon recieving the email. LISTEN TO THE PROMPTS! 1- for first time callers. but 4- for if you received a call or email.

First call, long wait time... Spoke to a recuiter who confirmed by identity and immediately advised that he needed to transfer me to a "senior recuiter". He transferred but the line went to a busy signal.

Second call... Spoke to a different recuuiter who advised that these was no telephone interview postitions available and that they would contact me via phone or email if something opens up.

Third call... Spoke to another different recruiter. I explained that I was cutoff upon transfer to a "senior representative". The recuiter responded that basically the reason I was transferred was because no interveiw spots were open... she said this after she "checked my file", so they keep records of your call...

To me this is odd, due to the fact of calling immediately upon receiving the email. But on the first call I selected option 1 without listening to the entire options list. Maybe I was flagged for not selecting 4, after listening to the entire list on the second call... Guess I failed the first test.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2009.

Phone interview with HR rep, followed by one on one with district manager, after that city manager interviews with you and district manager reporting to them.

No negotiation.