Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.4

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

apply online, phone screen and on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • during phone screen, asked technical questions regarding the use of Excel   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Found job posting online and applied with my resume. Received a call back within a couple days to set up a phone interview. Had an in-person interview set up with 24 hours of phone interview. Met with two separate groups for approximately 45 minutes each during the interview, and received an offer approximately two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • They had you review data in a manner similar to how you would in the position, though they helped you through it. They didn't expect you to have it perfected, but enough general knowledge to work your way through it.   Answer Question

Shuttler Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

Using local job search engine, found Avis was hiring; went through the the thorough web site process and received a call shortly from the HR mgr locally. Set an interview time after answering some questions over the phone. Met with Avis airport manager for one on one interview. Very enjoyable and no-pressure atmosphere there. After interview, I was told I would be hearing from them soon. And in a few days, HR called and offered me a position in which I accepted.

No negotiation

RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

Very Positive And Willing To Fit You In The Best Position Within The Company

Interview Questions
    • There Really Wasn't Any They Were Very Straight Forward And Honest What You See Is What You Get.   View Answer
    Easy As Pie

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2009.

One interview. They make sure you are not afraid to work in the public trying to secure sales, so one has to be a bit aggresive and outgoing.

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation? It was a set amount, there was no negotiation.

RSA Interview

Called for interview, went over role play sales, and past work experience

base rate firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

I did one phone interview that was easy since I have 13 years of great customer service. Then when I went to the interview. I got chewed out for parking on the lot. Please note there is no other place to park. The first thing that lady said was "ooh let me stop you right here. You take classes? Unless you trying to drop them." I had a blank stare. For 9.45 an hour you want me to have all availability and I can't go to school? I said you can't go to school and work here? She said No-We don't work with your schedule you work with ours." With a snappy attitude. I packed my things and proceeded to leave and i was told i had to keep my application there?? WHY> I will never work for a company that is not helpful with students that want to go to school. Unless you have all the free time in the world and plan to never get a degree ever. This will be the perfect place for you. Oh the guy who was suppose to interview me was late to.

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

The interview process is pretty simple, fill out an application online and they will call you back. I was interviewed by the airport manager first, then sales manager. The sales manager was bringing in his friend for the job so that's why I didn't get it. I went in the interview with a B.S degree and military experience but of course the sales manager looked out for his friend who only had a diploma.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, Why Avis? Describe yourself in three words, how will you motivate your employees   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate a salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Really easy. Almost as if they interview you they hire you. They take a lot of chances because its a union job. you have 3 months to have good sales, you have good sales they keep you. If not, well you know. Your interview is really the 3 month probation period if you ask me.

Interview Questions
    • They do have a questionnaire before you start your probation period. They're almost unnecessary because the questions are ridiculous like "is it OK to steal small things from the company like paper, pens and staplers?"   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because its union and the base pay is already determined. Want to make more money? Get higher commissions!