Avis Budget Group

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.4

RSA Interview

Called for interview, went over role play sales, and past work experience

base rate firm

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

The interview process is pretty simple, fill out an application online and they will call you back. I was interviewed by the airport manager first, then sales manager. The sales manager was bringing in his friend for the job so that's why I didn't get it. I went in the interview with a B.S degree and military experience but of course the sales manager looked out for his friend who only had a diploma.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, Why Avis? Describe yourself in three words, how will you motivate your employees   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

I did one phone interview that was easy since I have 13 years of great customer service. Then when I went to the interview. I got chewed out for parking on the lot. Please note there is no other place to park. The first thing that lady said was "ooh let me stop you right here. You take classes? Unless you trying to drop them." I had a blank stare. For 9.45 an hour you want me to have all availability and I can't go to school? I said you can't go to school and work here? She said No-We don't work with your schedule you work with ours." With a snappy attitude. I packed my things and proceeded to leave and i was told i had to keep my application there?? WHY> I will never work for a company that is not helpful with students that want to go to school. Unless you have all the free time in the world and plan to never get a degree ever. This will be the perfect place for you. Oh the guy who was suppose to interview me was late to.

RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

Very Positive And Willing To Fit You In The Best Position Within The Company

Interview Questions
    • There Really Wasn't Any They Were Very Straight Forward And Honest What You See Is What You Get.   View Answer
    Easy As Pie

Shuttler Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

Using local job search engine, found Avis was hiring; went through the the thorough web site process and received a call shortly from the HR mgr locally. Set an interview time after answering some questions over the phone. Met with Avis airport manager for one on one interview. Very enjoyable and no-pressure atmosphere there. After interview, I was told I would be hearing from them soon. And in a few days, HR called and offered me a position in which I accepted.

No negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate a salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Really easy. Almost as if they interview you they hire you. They take a lot of chances because its a union job. you have 3 months to have good sales, you have good sales they keep you. If not, well you know. Your interview is really the 3 month probation period if you ask me.

Interview Questions
    • They do have a questionnaire before you start your probation period. They're almost unnecessary because the questions are ridiculous like "is it OK to steal small things from the company like paper, pens and staplers?"   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because its union and the base pay is already determined. Want to make more money? Get higher commissions!

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2013.

Phone screening, 1:1 with airport manager, 1:1 with district manager, 1:1 with regional HR Manager. Process was very professional, and made sense for the position being hired for. The questions were fair, and legit; no stump the chump or games.

Interview Questions
    They gave me a very fair offer up front, no negotiation needed.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

The whole process has been a giant waste of time, read this before you apply.

The way you apply is online and are then asked to do an hour long online assessment which consists mostly of what you would do in various customer service situations. I passed this then was sent and email to call a 800 number for a phone interview. The 800 number is their national recruiting number you are not talking to anyone that works for the branch you are applying to. This consists of basic questions of your experience. I passed the phone interview and was then told to wait for another email for a face to face interview. I received an email that appointments were available I called the 800 number to get an interview time only to be told all appointments were full. I received another email a few days later saying appointment times were available so i called the 800 number 30 minutes after I received the email and yet again there were no appointment times available.

Your experience may be different depending on what location you apply to, but I would suggest not wasting your time. A company is supposed to give a good first impression when hiring. If this is the way they run things I can't imagine actually working for them would be much better.

Interview Questions
    • One of the phone interview questions was how I sold a customer who at first didn't want what I was selling   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2013.

You'll complete the initial application online and if your information warrants a phone interview they'll contact you in order to set up a time. The phone interview lasts about 30 minutes and the interviewer will ask you leading questions, so it's not too stressful as long as you prepare. Assuming you do fine on the phone interview you'll be asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The personal interview I went through was very pleasant and lasted for about 1 and 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The question to be ready for is "what does customer service mean to you"? Have a thought-out answer ready that sounds sincere.   Answer Question