Avis Budget Group

2.5

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Phone interview with job recruiter who tells you what to say if they like you in the next step. Then in person interview with District Manager, then drug testing then walk through of location.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have working with sales and meeting goals   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Took a few weeks from start to finish, really flexible with finding time that works for you to come in and interview. Great knowledge fro steps to get the job

Operations Manager Interview

Applied online and was called by a recruiter and set up an interview date at the airport. Talked to one of the managers about my resume and goals as far as career plans. Interviewed with the Area manager after that and talked about my resume again and he detailed the Operations Manager position and was deciding if the fit would be right.

Interview Questions
    • Asked where I would want to see myself in the company in 5 years.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

First contacted by recruiter, we spoke for about 30 mins or so. They said they would pass my information along to the appropriate hiring personnel. I heard back a couple days later from the recruiter that an interview had been scheduled for the following week. I first met with the Airport Manager and City Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. I had fun during the interview, and was asked basic questions for the type of job applying for (ie: supervisory roles in the past and what actions I took when difficult situations arose, etc.). The interview seemed to go very well and flowed. I made sure to ask questions regarding the position, and what the next steps would be, as I was very interested. The City Manager said if I were selected for the next interview, I would be called and it would be with the District Manager. I was called a week later, and we set up a time for me to come back in. I interviewed with the District Manager for about an hour. He asked many specific questions of how I would handle situations of the job, and made sure it was something I could and wanted to do. We also talked a lot about career advancement opportunities. I was called about two weeks later, after I sent three follow-up emails and three phone calls. I was offered a position by the City Manager. I then had to go back in to the office to pick up a screening packet that consisted of taking a drug test (had multiple facilities available to use), and going to the DMV to obtain a three year driving record. Three days later, I was officially hired. Overall a lengthy but great experience that is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have any past employees or employers who did not like you, or that didn't get along with you, no matter what you tried to do?   View Answer
    I told them the salary range that was most desirable for me, and they came back with an offer around that amount. Not much room for negotiation, but none needed if you familiarize yourself with the pay range for the job applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2014.

2 interviews: 1. Phone Interview: - Peoplescout | 2. One2One: - District Manager at Dallas Area

1.5 hours interview - basic interview questions! The manager was more interested in learning my work approach & thinking ability than anthing else. I liked it!

Interview Questions
    Flat price - non negotiable!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Contacted by HR in Dallas, When I went to interview the guy didn't know I was scheduled. Big red flag in my mind. Interview went fairly well but I was not offered the position and only found out through an email a week and a half later, also from Dallas.

Operations Manager Interview

Phone interview was easy.
    A couple of in person interviews which really decide on whether you get the job. Do not be afraid to dig into the tough questions such as work hours and benefits. Hiring managers enjoy the competitive nature as well as the drive to succeed through effective time management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2014.

Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Questions
    • If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate a salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2013.

Phone screening, 1:1 with airport manager, 1:1 with district manager, 1:1 with regional HR Manager. Process was very professional, and made sense for the position being hired for. The questions were fair, and legit; no stump the chump or games.

Interview Questions
    They gave me a very fair offer up front, no negotiation needed.