Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.6

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Very easy and accommodating. They worked with my availability, and told me what to expect. They make the job seem very appealing. I went through 2 face to face and 2 phone interviews before an official offer was presented. the process took about 1 month,

Interview Questions

• A series of canned questions relating to customer service and leadership.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was about a 3 week wait to hear back after applying on their website. Then they do a quick phone interview with a national recruiter just to make sure you're okay with the hours and pay for the job. They then give you tips for the in person interview. A week later I did the in person interview and it went very well and they seem interested, but they didn't offer me the job in the end.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later a recruiter contacted me and told me what to say in the interview and scheduled the interview for the next week. I showed up to my interview on time and they made me wait 30 minutes before calling me upstairs to interview. No apologies for the wait. First the Airport Manager interviewed me, then the District Manager interviewed me, then the Sales Manager interviewed me. They all asked the exact same questions over and over, I think they take notes to make sure your answers stay the same. I was then given a tour of the entire airport where I would be working and at the conclusion the Airport Manager told me to schedule my final interview with the HR Manager over the phone since she wasn't there. The entire process took 3 hours and I left feeling pretty pumped because they were saying that after the HR Manager called I would receive an offer. On Sunday (had my interview on Friday) I got an email at 7:01 AM thanking me for my time and that they had gone with a more qualified candidate. I thought this was very weird so I sent a polite message to the Airport Manager asking if this was a mistake because I thought the interviews went quite well and that Monday I was supposed to have my HR interview. He responded back via email very quickly apologizing and letting me know that the email was a mistake and to be expecting the HR Manager to call me at 9AM on Monday morning. I took the morning off from work so I would have an uninterrupted phone interview. The HR Manager never called. I called the office and they were shocked that no one called me. I told them I had to go to work, but I could probably take a late lunch at 1pm and have the interview then and the office worker said she would set this up for me. 1pm came and went and no one called me so after work I called back in and asked them what had happened. The office person apologized and made another appointment for a couple of days later. The HR Manager finally called me back 2 days later, and I had to interview at work which wasn't ideal for me. She seemed very unorganized and didn't even apologize for wasting my time earlier that week. She asked the same exact questions that the other managers asked but I could hardly understand her because she had me on a speaker phone and I had to ask her to repeat her questions multiple times. She then told me they would let me know as soon as possible because they needed to fill the position soon. A week passed so I emailed the Airport Manager since he wasn't in his office when I called and he never responded to me. 3 weeks later no status updates so I emailed Human Resources and I got a prompt email back letting me know that they went with someone more qualified for the position. The whole process was a huge waste of time for me, and they don't value your time at all. That is the message I got about this company through their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a difficult customer and how did you defuse the situation?
      How do you feel about working overtime?
      How do you feel about working 3rd shift?

Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New Orleans, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

First you do a phone interview and you are asked three questions, if you are okay with the hours, pay structure, and training you move on and you are asked serveral other questions. If the interviewer feels you are a right fit you will have to interview with a local manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer with unrealistic demands?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

very lengthy the scheduling of the specifics interviews were too far apart, it took about two months to actually get on board, once on the training process is like one is a child again back in high school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Work life balance

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Phila, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with job recruiter who tells you what to say if they like you in the next step. Then in person interview with District Manager, then drug testing then walk through of location.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with sales and meeting goals   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Took a few weeks from start to finish, really flexible with finding time that works for you to come in and interview. Great knowledge fro steps to get the job

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online and was called by a recruiter and set up an interview date at the airport. Talked to one of the managers about my resume and goals as far as career plans. Interviewed with the Area manager after that and talked about my resume again and he detailed the Operations Manager position and was deciding if the fit would be right.

Interview Questions

• Asked where I would want to see myself in the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter, we spoke for about 30 mins or so. They said they would pass my information along to the appropriate hiring personnel. I heard back a couple days later from the recruiter that an interview had been scheduled for the following week. I first met with the Airport Manager and City Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. I had fun during the interview, and was asked basic questions for the type of job applying for (ie: supervisory roles in the past and what actions I took when difficult situations arose, etc.). The interview seemed to go very well and flowed. I made sure to ask questions regarding the position, and what the next steps would be, as I was very interested. The City Manager said if I were selected for the next interview, I would be called and it would be with the District Manager. I was called a week later, and we set up a time for me to come back in. I interviewed with the District Manager for about an hour. He asked many specific questions of how I would handle situations of the job, and made sure it was something I could and wanted to do. We also talked a lot about career advancement opportunities. I was called about two weeks later, after I sent three follow-up emails and three phone calls. I was offered a position by the City Manager. I then had to go back in to the office to pick up a screening packet that consisted of taking a drug test (had multiple facilities available to use), and going to the DMV to obtain a three year driving record. Three days later, I was officially hired. Overall a lengthy but great experience that is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any past employees or employers who did not like you, or that didn't get along with you, no matter what you tried to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them the salary range that was most desirable for me, and they came back with an offer around that amount. Not much room for negotiation, but none needed if you familiarize yourself with the pay range for the job applying for.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

2 interviews: 1. Phone Interview: - Peoplescout | 2. One2One: - District Manager at Dallas Area

1.5 hours interview - basic interview questions! The manager was more interested in learning my work approach & thinking ability than anthing else. I liked it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat price - non negotiable!