Avis Budget Group

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – Applied online and was called by a recruiter and set up an interview date at the airport. Talked to one of the managers about my resume and goals as far as career plans. Interviewed with the Area manager after that and talked about my resume again and he detailed the Operations Manager position and was deciding if the fit would be right.

Interview Question – Asked where I would want to see myself in the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – First contacted by recruiter, we spoke for about 30 mins or so. They said they would pass my information along to the appropriate hiring personnel. I heard back a couple days later from the recruiter that an interview had been scheduled for the following week. I first met with the Airport Manager and City Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. I had fun during the interview, and was asked basic questions for the type of job applying for (ie: supervisory roles in the past and what actions I took when difficult situations arose, etc.). The interview seemed to go very well and flowed. I made sure to ask questions regarding the position, and what the next steps would be, as I was very interested. The City Manager said if I were selected for the next interview, I would be called and it would be with the District Manager. I was called a week later, and we set up a time for me to come back in. I interviewed with the District Manager for about an hour. He asked many specific questions of how I would handle situations of the job, and made sure it was something I could and wanted to do. We also talked a lot about career advancement opportunities. I was called about two weeks later, after I sent three follow-up emails and three phone calls. I was offered a position by the City Manager. I then had to go back in to the office to pick up a screening packet that consisted of taking a drug test (had multiple facilities available to use), and going to the DMV to obtain a three year driving record. Three days later, I was officially hired. Overall a lengthy but great experience that is definitely worth it.

Interview Question – Did you ever have any past employees or employers who did not like you, or that didn't get along with you, no matter what you tried to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them the salary range that was most desirable for me, and they came back with an offer around that amount. Not much room for negotiation, but none needed if you familiarize yourself with the pay range for the job applying for.

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – If you do well on the online survey someone will call you from 3rd party recruiting agency and ask you questions. After that the city manager will call you to set up an in person interview if you did well with the questions from the 3rd party interviewer.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR in Dallas, When I went to interview the guy didn't know I was scheduled. Big red flag in my mind. Interview went fairly well but I was not offered the position and only found out through an email a week and a half later, also from Dallas.

Interview Question – Asked about leadership experience very in depth.   Answer Question

Honolulu, HI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Avis was extremely professional in their approach. They were thorough, however, they also made the experience very comfortable. They went above and beyond to accommodate for interview times. I had several interviews and was able to speak with people from the front desk sales all the way to the regional director. They made it very easy to feel like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another opportunity with a different company

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – Phone interview was easy.
A couple of in person interviews which really decide on whether you get the job. Do not be afraid to dig into the tough questions such as work hours and benefits. Hiring managers enjoy the competitive nature as well as the drive to succeed through effective time management.

Interview Question – Can you relocate   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Question – If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was very long and at the end worthless. They offered a job and when it came down to it they changed everything up making it horrible. This was after the offer and after I gave notice.

Reason for Declining – They changed the offer after they made the offer.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Question – She asked me to sell her a pen. It was totally unexpected   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate a salary

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep, followed by one on one with district manager, after that city manager interviews with you and district manager reporting to them.

Interview Question – Handling irate customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!