Avis Budget Group

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – If you do well on the online survey someone will call you from 3rd party recruiting agency and ask you questions. After that the city manager will call you to set up an in person interview if you did well with the questions from the 3rd party interviewer.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR in Dallas, When I went to interview the guy didn't know I was scheduled. Big red flag in my mind. Interview went fairly well but I was not offered the position and only found out through an email a week and a half later, also from Dallas.

Interview Question – Asked about leadership experience very in depth.   Answer Question

Honolulu, HI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Avis was extremely professional in their approach. They were thorough, however, they also made the experience very comfortable. They went above and beyond to accommodate for interview times. I had several interviews and was able to speak with people from the front desk sales all the way to the regional director. They made it very easy to feel like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another opportunity with a different company

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – Phone interview was easy.
A couple of in person interviews which really decide on whether you get the job. Do not be afraid to dig into the tough questions such as work hours and benefits. Hiring managers enjoy the competitive nature as well as the drive to succeed through effective time management.

Interview Question – Can you relocate   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Question – If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was very long and at the end worthless. They offered a job and when it came down to it they changed everything up making it horrible. This was after the offer and after I gave notice.

Reason for Declining – They changed the offer after they made the offer.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Question – She asked me to sell her a pen. It was totally unexpected   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate a salary

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep, followed by one on one with district manager, after that city manager interviews with you and district manager reporting to them.

Interview Question – Handling irate customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Applied online and then took an online assessment. A recruiting person called me awhile later and did a brief phone interview process. He was extremely nice and personable and made me feel comfortable. He scheduled me with a hiring manager at the location I would be working at. The interview was mostly "tell me about...", with a few behavioral questions here and there. I spoke with about 3 other managers while I was there. Everyone was pretty nice. I got a response a couple of weeks later

They actually opened a new position closer to my home and offered it to me, but I declined due to the hours. He told me upfront that it would be a MINIMUM of 50 hours a week. If he is telling me that in our first interview, I already know it's going to be more like 60, especially during the busy summer months.

I did not hear back from the recruiting guy or manager after stating I was declining the offer and my reasons, which I thought was pretty rude.

Interview Question – What would you do if a Sales Associate is calling you because they are out of cars and they have an irate customer to deal with?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Ridiculous amount of hours for the pay. Wasn't worth it in my opinion. I am not interested in working for a company that overworks its salaried employees in order to save a couple of bucks on overtime.

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – There were a couple interviews and personality tests

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a good employee thinking of leaving the company and how did you convince them to stay   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Avis Budget Group Videos

Avis Budget Group – Why Work for Us?

Why Avis Budget Group? Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy place where things move forward every day. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be. If you're looking… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group Operations Manager interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees and interview candidates.