Avis Budget Group

2.5

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

The process - Is tedious. Gives you the "feeling" you are moving forward, when in actuality you are not. First you complete an online assessment - which is like a cross between a personality test and an skills/knowledge test. Then you receive an email that tells you to call in to speak to a recuriter for the next step in the process - this is really a call center with someone reading you scripted interview questions. After this process - they say "OK you passed and are ready to move on to the next phase with is a F2F interview, but we don't have any openings..........Why did i just go through all this then????? Anyway, they say they will call you - for me 5-6 weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything. Not sure what happened LOL

Interview Questions
  • Well, it was typical interview questions. However, they did ask if I was willing to relocate to a different state if that is where I was needed......   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

First contacted by recruiter, we spoke for about 30 mins or so. They said they would pass my information along to the appropriate hiring personnel. I heard back a couple days later from the recruiter that an interview had been scheduled for the following week. I first met with the Airport Manager and City Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. I had fun during the interview, and was asked basic questions for the type of job applying for (ie: supervisory roles in the past and what actions I took when difficult situations arose, etc.). The interview seemed to go very well and flowed. I made sure to ask questions regarding the position, and what the next steps would be, as I was very interested. The City Manager said if I were selected for the next interview, I would be called and it would be with the District Manager. I was called a week later, and we set up a time for me to come back in. I interviewed with the District Manager for about an hour. He asked many specific questions of how I would handle situations of the job, and made sure it was something I could and wanted to do. We also talked a lot about career advancement opportunities. I was called about two weeks later, after I sent three follow-up emails and three phone calls. I was offered a position by the City Manager. I then had to go back in to the office to pick up a screening packet that consisted of taking a drug test (had multiple facilities available to use), and going to the DMV to obtain a three year driving record. Three days later, I was officially hired. Overall a lengthy but great experience that is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have any past employees or employers who did not like you, or that didn't get along with you, no matter what you tried to do?   View Answer
    I told them the salary range that was most desirable for me, and they came back with an offer around that amount. Not much room for negotiation, but none needed if you familiarize yourself with the pay range for the job applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Avis was extremely professional in their approach. They were thorough, however, they also made the experience very comfortable. They went above and beyond to accommodate for interview times. I had several interviews and was able to speak with people from the front desk sales all the way to the regional director. They made it very easy to feel like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

I accepted another opportunity with a different company

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

If you do well on the online survey someone will call you from 3rd party recruiting agency and ask you questions. After that the city manager will call you to set up an in person interview if you did well with the questions from the 3rd party interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Phone interview with job recruiter who tells you what to say if they like you in the next step. Then in person interview with District Manager, then drug testing then walk through of location.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have working with sales and meeting goals   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Phone call from agency then interview with city manager. After that got called 4 days later by airport manager for last interview. Went well and was told that western canada manager will make the final decision. Been a week so far and no word yet , and I left a voicemail as well.

Interview Questions
    • Three personality traits that i have would benefit avis   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2013.

Phone screening, 1:1 with airport manager, 1:1 with district manager, 1:1 with regional HR Manager. Process was very professional, and made sense for the position being hired for. The questions were fair, and legit; no stump the chump or games.

Interview Questions
    They gave me a very fair offer up front, no negotiation needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

very lengthy the scheduling of the specifics interviews were too far apart, it took about two months to actually get on board, once on the training process is like one is a child again back in high school.

Work life balance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2012.

1. Online Assessment
    2. Initial Interview Airport Manager
    3. Second Interview District Manager
    4. Third Interview Hiring Manager
    5. Regional Manager Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation were you had to discipline a subordinate in your chain of management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2009.

Phone interview with HR rep, followed by one on one with district manager, after that city manager interviews with you and district manager reporting to them.

No negotiation.