Avis Budget Group

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – The process - Is tedious. Gives you the "feeling" you are moving forward, when in actuality you are not. First you complete an online assessment - which is like a cross between a personality test and an skills/knowledge test. Then you receive an email that tells you to call in to speak to a recuriter for the next step in the process - this is really a call center with someone reading you scripted interview questions. After this process - they say "OK you passed and are ready to move on to the next phase with is a F2F interview, but we don't have any openings..........Why did i just go through all this then????? Anyway, they say they will call you - for me 5-6 weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything. Not sure what happened LOL

Interview Question – Well, it was typical interview questions. However, they did ask if I was willing to relocate to a different state if that is where I was needed......   Answer Question

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – First contacted by recruiter, we spoke for about 30 mins or so. They said they would pass my information along to the appropriate hiring personnel. I heard back a couple days later from the recruiter that an interview had been scheduled for the following week. I first met with the Airport Manager and City Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. I had fun during the interview, and was asked basic questions for the type of job applying for (ie: supervisory roles in the past and what actions I took when difficult situations arose, etc.). The interview seemed to go very well and flowed. I made sure to ask questions regarding the position, and what the next steps would be, as I was very interested. The City Manager said if I were selected for the next interview, I would be called and it would be with the District Manager. I was called a week later, and we set up a time for me to come back in. I interviewed with the District Manager for about an hour. He asked many specific questions of how I would handle situations of the job, and made sure it was something I could and wanted to do. We also talked a lot about career advancement opportunities. I was called about two weeks later, after I sent three follow-up emails and three phone calls. I was offered a position by the City Manager. I then had to go back in to the office to pick up a screening packet that consisted of taking a drug test (had multiple facilities available to use), and going to the DMV to obtain a three year driving record. Three days later, I was officially hired. Overall a lengthy but great experience that is definitely worth it.

Interview Question – Did you ever have any past employees or employers who did not like you, or that didn't get along with you, no matter what you tried to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them the salary range that was most desirable for me, and they came back with an offer around that amount. Not much room for negotiation, but none needed if you familiarize yourself with the pay range for the job applying for.

Honolulu, HI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Avis was extremely professional in their approach. They were thorough, however, they also made the experience very comfortable. They went above and beyond to accommodate for interview times. I had several interviews and was able to speak with people from the front desk sales all the way to the regional director. They made it very easy to feel like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another opportunity with a different company

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – If you do well on the online survey someone will call you from 3rd party recruiting agency and ask you questions. After that the city manager will call you to set up an in person interview if you did well with the questions from the 3rd party interviewer.

Charlotte, NC

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Online Assessment
2. Initial Interview Airport Manager
3. Second Interview District Manager
4. Third Interview Hiring Manager
5. Regional Manager Phone Interview

Interview Question – Explain a situation were you had to discipline a subordinate in your chain of management.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep, followed by one on one with district manager, after that city manager interviews with you and district manager reporting to them.

Interview Question – Handling irate customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Question – She asked me to sell her a pen. It was totally unexpected   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate a salary

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was very long and at the end worthless. They offered a job and when it came down to it they changed everything up making it horrible. This was after the offer and after I gave notice.

Reason for Declining – They changed the offer after they made the offer.

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. Then, I was contacted for face to face interview which included a small pesonality/skills test. A few days later, I went to a clinic for a drug test.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. The offer was above what I had expected and what was mentioned at the interview.

Operations Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – 30 minute 1:1 phone interview with a recruiter from an outsourced company. After the phone screen, you're scheduled for a F2F interview with District (City) Manager and then a F2F interview with the Regional VP and HR Rep. Sounds like a promising career. Everyone seems friendly during the whole interview process. Very professional environment.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Pay was below average.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Avis Budget Group Videos

Avis Budget Group – Why Work for Us?

Why Avis Budget Group? Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy place where things move forward every day. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be. If you're looking… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group Operations Manager interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees and interview candidates.