Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.5

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

There were a couple interviews and personality tests

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had a good employee thinking of leaving the company and how did you convince them to stay   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

It was very long and at the end worthless. They offered a job and when it came down to it they changed everything up making it horrible. This was after the offer and after I gave notice.

They changed the offer after they made the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Avis was extremely professional in their approach. They were thorough, however, they also made the experience very comfortable. They went above and beyond to accommodate for interview times. I had several interviews and was able to speak with people from the front desk sales all the way to the regional director. They made it very easy to feel like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

I accepted another opportunity with a different company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

The process - Is tedious. Gives you the "feeling" you are moving forward, when in actuality you are not. First you complete an online assessment - which is like a cross between a personality test and an skills/knowledge test. Then you receive an email that tells you to call in to speak to a recuriter for the next step in the process - this is really a call center with someone reading you scripted interview questions. After this process - they say "OK you passed and are ready to move on to the next phase with is a F2F interview, but we don't have any openings..........Why did i just go through all this then????? Anyway, they say they will call you - for me 5-6 weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything. Not sure what happened LOL

Interview Questions
    • Well, it was typical interview questions. However, they did ask if I was willing to relocate to a different state if that is where I was needed......   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2012.

1. Online Assessment
    2. Initial Interview Airport Manager
    3. Second Interview District Manager
    4. Third Interview Hiring Manager
    5. Regional Manager Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation were you had to discipline a subordinate in your chain of management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2012.

I applied online and received an email with a phone number to call for a phone interview. The conversation went well and the interviewer was very nice but at the end of the interview, she said "The next step is to schedule a face-to-face interview. Unforturnately, we don't have any available schedule at this time. A recuiter will review your responses and contact you via telephone or email." I think the word "UNFORTUNATELY" is indicating "you are not selected for the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2012.

I receive an E-mail for an interview. Show up on time, but seems like the organization managed by bunch of bimbo and uneducated people. There are no clear picture who suppose doing what. I came in for the interview on time and expected to meet with people that appreciate my valuable time. Came in at 1:00 pm and greeted by somebody (The manager is whispering that "Let so and so do the interview", because he have something to do in his office). I also overheard some managers talking in the hall: Dumb conversation that got nothing to do with work. In the mean time, I waited for 40 minutes and I got tired sitting in a broken and saggy old chair, I approached a manager in her office and I said "Where is my inteviewer?"...She said: "You mean nobody show up all this time.....ooooh I am so sorry bla..blah..blah.."

Finally, One manager came in and said he just came from John Wayne Airport and ready for the interview. Nice gentleman and the interview went well. I was not hired. I guess this is the culture at Avis Budget, but I certainly give this organization an F in treating valuable candidates like I am who have the passion, enthusiasm and an advance degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2012.

Applied online, then was contacted by a recruiter with a Phone Interview. Asked basic questions about my work history. She said that she was going to build a profile for me and send it over to the hiring manager. Waited for a week and heard nothing. I knew the hiring manager would be at the airport location so I called asking for the District Manager. He was out of town so I left a message. Never got a call back so I followed up AGAIN and he stated that he never received my information. So I then called the recruiter back and she resubmitted my information to him. Got a call back from the recruiter the next day to set up another phone interview with the DM. DM said the interview went really well and that I would be hearing back from them in the next few days. 15 minutes later I got an email from the recruiter saying that they had decided to go with another candidate...

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2011.

If you do well on the online survey someone will call you from 3rd party recruiting agency and ask you questions. After that the city manager will call you to set up an in person interview if you did well with the questions from the 3rd party interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2009.

Phone interview with HR rep, followed by one on one with district manager, after that city manager interviews with you and district manager reporting to them.

No negotiation.