Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter, we spoke for about 30 mins or so. They said they would pass my information along to the appropriate hiring personnel. I heard back a couple days later from the recruiter that an interview had been scheduled for the following week. I first met with the Airport Manager and City Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. I had fun during the interview, and was asked basic questions for the type of job applying for (ie: supervisory roles in the past and what actions I took when difficult situations arose, etc.). The interview seemed to go very well and flowed. I made sure to ask questions regarding the position, and what the next steps would be, as I was very interested. The City Manager said if I were selected for the next interview, I would be called and it would be with the District Manager. I was called a week later, and we set up a time for me to come back in. I interviewed with the District Manager for about an hour. He asked many specific questions of how I would handle situations of the job, and made sure it was something I could and wanted to do. We also talked a lot about career advancement opportunities. I was called about two weeks later, after I sent three follow-up emails and three phone calls. I was offered a position by the City Manager. I then had to go back in to the office to pick up a screening packet that consisted of taking a drug test (had multiple facilities available to use), and going to the DMV to obtain a three year driving record. Three days later, I was officially hired. Overall a lengthy but great experience that is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any past employees or employers who did not like you, or that didn't get along with you, no matter what you tried to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them the salary range that was most desirable for me, and they came back with an offer around that amount. Not much room for negotiation, but none needed if you familiarize yourself with the pay range for the job applying for.

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Delaware, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Online line evaluation followed by interview then phone interview. Interview was pretty fast paced and intense. Could not have scripted your answers and they were fast and furious and allowed you to be natural.

Interview Questions

• What did I know abut company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too intense

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

2 interviews: 1. Phone Interview: - Peoplescout | 2. One2One: - District Manager at Dallas Area 1.5 hours interview - basic interview questions! The manager was more interested in learning my work approach & thinking ability than anthing else. I liked it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat price - non negotiable!

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Contacted by HR in Dallas, When I went to interview the guy didn't know I was scheduled. Big red flag in my mind. Interview went fairly well but I was not offered the position and only found out through an email a week and a half later, also from Dallas.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy. A couple of in person interviews which really decide on whether you get the job. Do not be afraid to dig into the tough questions such as work hours and benefits. Hiring managers enjoy the competitive nature as well as the drive to succeed through effective time management.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Questions

• She asked me to sell her a pen. It was totally unexpected   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate a salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screening, 1:1 with airport manager, 1:1 with district manager, 1:1 with regional HR Manager. Process was very professional, and made sense for the position being hired for. The questions were fair, and legit; no stump the chump or games.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me a very fair offer up front, no negotiation needed.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and then took an online assessment. A recruiting person called me awhile later and did a brief phone interview process. He was extremely nice and personable and made me feel comfortable. He scheduled me with a hiring manager at the location I would be working at. The interview was mostly "tell me about...", with a few behavioral questions here and there. I spoke with about 3 other managers while I was there. Everyone was pretty nice. I got a response a couple of weeks later They actually opened a new position closer to my home and offered it to me, but I declined due to the hours. He told me upfront that it would be a MINIMUM of 50 hours a week. If he is telling me that in our first interview, I already know it's going to be more like 60, especially during the busy summer months. I did not hear back from the recruiting guy or manager after stating I was declining the offer and my reasons, which I thought was pretty rude.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a Sales Associate is calling you because they are out of cars and they have an irate customer to deal with?   1 Answer

Ridiculous amount of hours for the pay. Wasn't worth it in my opinion. I am not interested in working for a company that overworks its salaried employees in order to save a couple of bucks on overtime.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

There were a couple interviews and personality tests

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a good employee thinking of leaving the company and how did you convince them to stay   Answer Question