Avis Budget Group

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2014.

Sent in resume and received an e-mail 2 days later asking when I would be available to do a phone interview. The recruiter called me the following day to do the phone interview which lasted about 5 minutes. She then scheduled me for a sit down interview the following week, which lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Avis? What qualities make a good leader? What qualities make a bad leader?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

The interview process is pretty simple, fill out an application online and they will call you back. I was interviewed by the airport manager first, then sales manager. The sales manager was bringing in his friend for the job so that's why I didn't get it. I went in the interview with a B.S degree and military experience but of course the sales manager looked out for his friend who only had a diploma.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, Why Avis? Describe yourself in three words, how will you motivate your employees   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2013.

I was recruited at a Job Fair by the District Sales Performance Manager. (Oddly enough they were not taking resumes, nor looking for Management Types, but rental agents.) I was told to go to the corporate website and apply for the position in my area. Instead of uploading a resume, I filled out a questionnaire and later got an email saying "We decided to pursue other candidates whose expectations and qualifications more closely match the positions requirements."

Interview Questions
    • If we were to call your previous employer, How would they rank your performance/ work ethic?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

I was contacted by the Chicago office to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview took roughly 10-15 minutes and was centered around my leadership style and customer service skills. He asked me questions such as, " how would you describe your leadership style," and " How did you handle dealing with a difficult employee." After the phone interview, I was asked to pick a date and time to conduct a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview took roughly around 3-4 hours. The interviewer asked me questions about my leadership style, customer service skills, and task management skills. After the question and answer session was over, I was given a brief tour of the work facility.

The work culture seemed very goal oriented; I was ushered into a back office where I was shown a goal metric and sales board.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me two questions that were completely unexpected.

The first question, " Name a time when you set a goal and you were unable to meet that goal? How did you handle your shortcomings? What did you do to address that issue for the future?

The second and last question," how many times did your supervisor have to reprimand your working behavior? What was it? How did you rectify the issue?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2012.

Applied online via their website after I saw an ad online. Had not heard from them for 3 weeks before I got an email asking me to call for a phone interview. It consisted of several questions regarding my previous job and several scenario based questions. It took about 30 min to complete. She said I "qualified" for a 1:1 interview and we set up a time.

I met with the district manager because the local manager was off sick. I was 10 Mins early for my interview and spoke to several current employees while waiting. Little did I know I was going to be made to wait for nearly 40 mins before he came out. He didn't even introduce himself.... he just said, "ready?".

He started the interview off complaining about doing interviews and he had already done 4 today and had 20 more this week. I tried to laugh it off but he wasn't joking. I gave him copies of my resume and the 10 page application they emailed me. He said "thanks", flipped through quickly, asked me a few scenario based questions, and said "we need someone to go through the training and at the end of 32 weeks be willing to move to another state but we wont know where until the training is completed". I balked a little at that seeing as though moving to another state at the last second would be hard to do considering I have a family but I said I consider it. He asked if I had any questions.... I asked a few. He interviewed me for 20 mins.... I was there about 60.

He said he wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview with his boss and would call me to set it up. I got an email a week later saying "thanks but no thanks....".

Overall the actual interview was easy. However I felt mislead, lied to, and as though my time had no value..... from what I read here I can see that's the status quo.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you coached someone who wasn't doing a good job.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. 2-3 weeks later I received an email to call a number for a phone interview. The number to call gives sends you to some sort of call center. I literally had to call 7-12 times to finally get someone. I realized that no one returns the voicemails so you basically have to keep calling back to back to get someone on the phone. The interview was fairly easy, typical questions. The interviewer recommended me for a one on one interview. Those interviews are preset and basically they place you in available slots. I went to the one on one interview which was fairly easy. At the interview the interviewer explained that there was no position available at this location??? What!? Maybe one would be available at one of the many other locations in town. I honestly felt like she wasn't sure why I was there interviewing for a this position, rather than just denying me the job. She seemed slightly puzzeled but tried to play it off. Needless to say I didn't get offered a job because there was no position available at that location. Why waste my time to even go to the interview, which involved a lot of time and money to.