Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied the first day the position was posted. Received an e-mail a week or two later to call a recruiter. The recruiter was friendly. This person went over the position, what it paid, benefits, hours, etc. We also went through a few questions about what I would do/have done in certain situations. After that, the recruiter set up an in-person interview at the location itself a few days later. This lasted around a half hour and was with two managers. I thought it went well, but two days later, I received the "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• Why Avis? What happened with a difficult customer you encountered in the past? What is your managing style? How have you coached someone that wasn't meeting company standards?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (San Leandro, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First applied for job online and did online assessment. Was contacted by recruiter who set me up with two interviews; one in San Leandro and one in San Francisco. Was told be recruiter job paid between $45,000-$55,000 and can be salary re-negotiated after 18-week training. In interview it was revealed beginning salary would likely be between $35,000-$40,000. The whole process was unorganized. I was stood up at my first interview and both interviewers were between 15-45 minutes late for my next two interviews. After the interviews, a new Avis recruiter contacted me asking for an interview. I asked him if Avis was interested in offering me a second round interview. He replied a full day later that they decided to go in a different path, but wanted to know if I was interested in interviewing for a Rental Sales Associate position and I declined. The interviewers were nice and asked basic questions. However, I ended up interviewing with the same regional staff and they asked many of the same questions and my questions for them were already answered in the first interview, so I felt the second interview was very short ad hurt me. All in all, a disorganized interview process with too much misinformation that lead to late/missed interviews by them.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you have ever done in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Dayton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The process moved rather quickly at first. The initial screen is done after you take an online personality survey. My phone interview with seemed to go very well. I was able to tie some of my military experience into many of the questions and they seemed very engaged and helpful. A lot of behavioral interview questions. Within a week after the phone interview, I had a face to face with the at the airport of the position. Interviewer was professional, but seemed too busy and/or distracted by having to interview me. I got a nice tour and the interviewer fully explained the position and gave decent insight. I got the obligatory good job for you military service pat on the back. Again, I had many of same behavioral interview questions I answered during the phone interview. Interviewer did give me plenty of time for questions and I used it well. The face to face ended on a high note, or so I thought. He then quickly gave me the " well we have a lot of people to look at but we'll let you know in a couple of days". He didn't give me any feedback after we were finished which was a tell tale sign I probably wasn't a fit. 4 weeks later, got the form letter-email of "thanks but no thanks". No one returned my inquiry during those 4 weeks either, but that is pretty common these days. Position is still appears to be open after 7 months so I wonder if it really is a viable vacancy. l would be much more inquisitive about what they really want in a candidate and their actual hiring intentions if I had to do it again.

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

I applied online, watched some excellent videos on how great this company is to work for. I really researched the company and grew so excited to get to potentially work for them and grow my career. I had a phone interview with a recruiter and she pumped me up saying I was perfect for this position! I was so excited, she sounded so nice on the phone. Next was my Face to Face....at this point it went all down hill. I was interviewed by three people. Two airport managers and the city manager. I kept my excitement thoughout the day and was excited to learn about the position. However, the interviewers didn't ask very good questions and were incredibly rude. They brought me out in the cold to see "if I could handle it" also the airport manager made me aware "that I would be on the night shift and have NO VACATION AND HOLIDAYS" all which I said I was willing to do and was here to work. I also came from 900 miles away to interview and they kept me for 2.5 hours, and in the end I didn't even get the job. I would seriously recommend thinking twice about applying for this job. This company seemed very unprofessional and rude. I was not impressed and it was a let down.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume and received an e-mail 2 days later asking when I would be available to do a phone interview. The recruiter called me the following day to do the phone interview which lasted about 5 minutes. She then scheduled me for a sit down interview the following week, which lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Avis? What qualities make a good leader? What qualities make a bad leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is pretty simple, fill out an application online and they will call you back. I was interviewed by the airport manager first, then sales manager. The sales manager was bringing in his friend for the job so that's why I didn't get it. I went in the interview with a B.S degree and military experience but of course the sales manager looked out for his friend who only had a diploma.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, Why Avis? Describe yourself in three words, how will you motivate your employees   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Raleigh, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I was recruited at a Job Fair by the District Sales Performance Manager. (Oddly enough they were not taking resumes, nor looking for Management Types, but rental agents.) I was told to go to the corporate website and apply for the position in my area. Instead of uploading a resume, I filled out a questionnaire and later got an email saying "We decided to pursue other candidates whose expectations and qualifications more closely match the positions requirements."

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your previous employer, How would they rank your performance/ work ethic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the Chicago office to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview took roughly 10-15 minutes and was centered around my leadership style and customer service skills. He asked me questions such as, " how would you describe your leadership style," and " How did you handle dealing with a difficult employee." After the phone interview, I was asked to pick a date and time to conduct a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview took roughly around 3-4 hours. The interviewer asked me questions about my leadership style, customer service skills, and task management skills. After the question and answer session was over, I was given a brief tour of the work facility. The work culture seemed very goal oriented; I was ushered into a back office where I was shown a goal metric and sales board.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me two questions that were completely unexpected. The first question, " Name a time when you set a goal and you were unable to meet that goal? How did you handle your shortcomings? What did you do to address that issue for the future? The second and last question," how many times did your supervisor have to reprimand your working behavior? What was it? How did you rectify the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Dayton, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online via their website after I saw an ad online. Had not heard from them for 3 weeks before I got an email asking me to call for a phone interview. It consisted of several questions regarding my previous job and several scenario based questions. It took about 30 min to complete. She said I "qualified" for a 1:1 interview and we set up a time. I met with the district manager because the local manager was off sick. I was 10 Mins early for my interview and spoke to several current employees while waiting. Little did I know I was going to be made to wait for nearly 40 mins before he came out. He didn't even introduce himself.... he just said, "ready?". He started the interview off complaining about doing interviews and he had already done 4 today and had 20 more this week. I tried to laugh it off but he wasn't joking. I gave him copies of my resume and the 10 page application they emailed me. He said "thanks", flipped through quickly, asked me a few scenario based questions, and said "we need someone to go through the training and at the end of 32 weeks be willing to move to another state but we wont know where until the training is completed". I balked a little at that seeing as though moving to another state at the last second would be hard to do considering I have a family but I said I consider it. He asked if I had any questions.... I asked a few. He interviewed me for 20 mins.... I was there about 60. He said he wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview with his boss and would call me to set it up. I got an email a week later saying "thanks but no thanks....". Overall the actual interview was easy. However I felt mislead, lied to, and as though my time had no value..... from what I read here I can see that's the status quo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you coached someone who wasn't doing a good job.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online. 2-3 weeks later I received an email to call a number for a phone interview. The number to call gives sends you to some sort of call center. I literally had to call 7-12 times to finally get someone. I realized that no one returns the voicemails so you basically have to keep calling back to back to get someone on the phone. The interview was fairly easy, typical questions. The interviewer recommended me for a one on one interview. Those interviews are preset and basically they place you in available slots. I went to the one on one interview which was fairly easy. At the interview the interviewer explained that there was no position available at this location??? What!? Maybe one would be available at one of the many other locations in town. I honestly felt like she wasn't sure why I was there interviewing for a this position, rather than just denying me the job. She seemed slightly puzzeled but tried to play it off. Needless to say I didn't get offered a job because there was no position available at that location. Why waste my time to even go to the interview, which involved a lot of time and money to.