Avis Budget Group Rental Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.3

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Unorganized and unprofessional! The disconnect between corporate and the local branches is apparent. Corporate is sending emails and scheduling interviews, meanwhile the local branch is sometimes unaware. I rec'd instructions to call numbers to schedule appts. that no one ever answered. I received an email confirmation for an interview at the local branch including details of time and contact person , only to arrive at the location and be told that I canceled the interview. I looked in disbelief- Why would I cancel? How , when did I cancel? At that point they gave me a pity interview just to get me out of their face then emailed me a rejection email the following morning. Overall they are unorganized, and are trying to hang on in a growing industry but with a dying structure. Smart phone apps and membership programs in rental car companies is cannibalizing the rental sales agent who is there to up sell the customer. Be it insurance or vehicle upgrade etc. I wanted a second job because I needed extra $$$ I knew upon the search its a crap job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time u had to deal with an unsatisfied customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

First I took Computer assessment , I was called for phone interview , was scheduled for a face to face interview and then offer was made. Took quite some time for management to get back to me , had to keep calling to check status of application and to schedule start date

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 2 weeks later. Went for my first interview on Friday of the same week, another interview was on Saturday, and the follow up interview was 6 days later. Manager who interviewed me was very nice and very professional. First interview took about 30 minutes and was very basic, with simple questions such as " why would we hire you?" Second interview was more detailed, they gave me a couple of scenarios to read through, and act it out as I was already employed. Everything took about 2 hours. Third interview was a couple of basic questions, an offer of employment, and compensation overview.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews about sales and customer services. Pitching sales to each customer and knowing about your products that you are selling. Talking about hours and how they care about there employees and able to help them with sales, customer services, and what ways they are able to keep customer coming back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty standard. Phone screen interview followed by a one on one interview with management. The one on one interview was fairly straight forward. Asked about background skills and went over resume, and explained job description and compensation. Follow up from the one on one took about a week. Afterwards went straight into drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I've ever been terminated and to explain why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by one person. Asked what my five year plan was, why I chose to apply to avis, how I handled a difficult situation with a customer, also did a sales game where he told me to try and sell the telephone in his office to him. Very straightforward and friendly interview process. The role playing was easy for me and I think most people should expect such a interview question for any sales job.

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Myrtle Beach, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying online, they sent an email aying to call this number for a phone interview. Nobody ever answers this phone. I left messages and recieved a call back 3 days later. After conducring the phone interview, I recieve another email asking to call the same number to schedule my in person interview. Again, no ine answered. I left a message and they called back 3 days later. Firstly, they scheduled my interview for a day when the manager was not in the office, so I had to come back the next day. The interview was very short and the manager did not really care about what I had to say. He ran through my resume very briefly and then asked if I had questions. I had questions about the job, since he didn't tell me anything. He answered my questions in a very basic and nondescriptive way. And then the interview ended, it lasted 10 minutes and honestly was a waste of time, both days that I had shown up.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, I had to ask him about the job because he didn't ask me or tell me anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and completed assessments. Video scenarios, behavioral and situational questions took about 30 minutes. Within 24 hours I received an email to call an 800 number for phone interview. The phone interview last all of 15 minutes with questions about..."Tell me a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to influence someone to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Interview

Hiring process was really easy. Just know how to sell as you walk through the door. Use features and benefits. At least 3. The manager asked me to pick something in the office and sell it to him, if you use features and benefits on the particular thing you picked out, you will pass. Its something they won't expect you to use but its REALLY something they use at the sales counter, so you will be ahead of the game.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

This company will email you at first for initial contact. This email will invite you or have you confirm or schedule an interview. Following this email you will head to the airport whichever you have applied to. Depending on the day you may have to wait a bit as we all know there are many people fighting for these positions. You will then either meet with the hiring manager or gm whoever is available at the moment. They will then while your there in the interview have you fill out some type of paper work to agree to a background check for your driving history and criminal. Should you succeed the first interview they will usually ask you to come back in a few days for to sign a few more papers before training. At that point you will then be waiting for your background check in which a copy will be sent to you and the employer. If your background check is ok you will either be contacted via phone or email to continue with the process or in the letter of your background check there will be a letter separate stating that for what ever reason dealing with your driving or criminal history you have not made it past that part and will be denied employment.

It was part time