Avis Budget Group

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call within a week and had an on the phone interview. They called me in for a 1-on-1 interview which was scheduled a few days after the phone interview

Interview Question – The questions were very straight forward   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Completed online application and assessment test and received an email the following day to call in for a phone interview. I called and the phone interview was great. The recruiter was friendly and explained all about the position and what it entailed. She asked 2 or 3 behavioral questions regarding customer service and sales. At the end of the interview she set up the face to face interview for the following morning. I received an email with a job application attached that I had to fill out and bring with me to my face to face interview.

I interviewed with the airport manager and sales manager. I was asked to do a sales role play, very easy if you have sales/customer service experience. I was mostly asked about my previous jobs and why I think I would be a good fit for Avis. Interview lasted about an hour, maybe a few minutes more. At the end of the interview I was sent for a drug screen. Still waiting on the results. I already know that the screen will come back negative so I am assuming that I got the job. I don't think employers send you for drug screening unless they are intent on hiring you. The manager did say that when the drug screen came back okay then we would move forward.

Overall great interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay is a set base rate plus commission. No negotiation.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – There will be about 2 or 3 interviews depending on how management feels. First Airport Manager, then District, last (optional) Regional Manager.

Interview Question – The usual sales questions. "Sell me this pen" Then bam sell me this car so know your cars and the standard features inside them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Can't negotiate the pay per hour its a Union job. But don't worry if you get in that won't even matter. You will be swimming in dollars. Be sure to go tax exempt!

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in June 2009.

Interview Details – One interview. They make sure you are not afraid to work in the public trying to secure sales, so one has to be a bit aggresive and outgoing.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation? It was a set amount, there was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I did one phone interview that was easy since I have 13 years of great customer service. Then when I went to the interview. I got chewed out for parking on the lot. Please note there is no other place to park. The first thing that lady said was "ooh let me stop you right here. You take classes? Unless you trying to drop them." I had a blank stare. For 9.45 an hour you want me to have all availability and I can't go to school? I said you can't go to school and work here? She said No-We don't work with your schedule you work with ours." With a snappy attitude. I packed my things and proceeded to leave and i was told i had to keep my application there?? WHY> I will never work for a company that is not helpful with students that want to go to school. Unless you have all the free time in the world and plan to never get a degree ever. This will be the perfect place for you. Oh the guy who was suppose to interview me was late to.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Really easy. Almost as if they interview you they hire you. They take a lot of chances because its a union job. you have 3 months to have good sales, you have good sales they keep you. If not, well you know. Your interview is really the 3 month probation period if you ask me.

Interview Question – They do have a questionnaire before you start your probation period. They're almost unnecessary because the questions are ridiculous like "is it OK to steal small things from the company like paper, pens and staplers?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation because its union and the base pay is already determined. Want to make more money? Get higher commissions!

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – You'll complete the initial application online and if your information warrants a phone interview they'll contact you in order to set up a time. The phone interview lasts about 30 minutes and the interviewer will ask you leading questions, so it's not too stressful as long as you prepare. Assuming you do fine on the phone interview you'll be asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The personal interview I went through was very pleasant and lasted for about 1 and 1/2 hours.

Interview Question – The question to be ready for is "what does customer service mean to you"? Have a thought-out answer ready that sounds sincere.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – Applied on their website, received a call next day for a phone interview. Right away I was told I passed the phone interview but there where no openings for a face to face interview, and they would call or email to set one up. Every Thursday they send an email to set up the face to face interview. I call back in to set it up and I'm told that there are no openings. I've waited 4 weeks now. I've finally withdrew my candidacy because they never have time available to interview their candidates. Complete waste of time.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer

Buffalo, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – online test and the 2 face to face interviews simple question answers be t self assured and motivated and they will respond

Interview Question – why do you want to do this you are over qualified for. the job so told them the truth love cars like the imediatcy of the sales process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they had standard starting salary

Rental Sales Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Details – This company had a professional process in hiring. Unlike Parmida where I was hired over the phone, this employer had traditional hiring and interview processes. I was interviewed for 30 minutes and offered the job instantly.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to break language barriers to understand a need or want.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Avis Budget Group Videos

Avis Budget Group – Why Work for Us?

Why Avis Budget Group? Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy place where things move forward every day. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be. If you're looking… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group Rental Sales Agent interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees and interview candidates.