Avis Budget Group Rental Sales Agent Interview Questions

2.3

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

This company will email you at first for initial contact. This email will invite you or have you confirm or schedule an interview. Following this email you will head to the airport whichever you have applied to. Depending on the day you may have to wait a bit as we all know there are many people fighting for these positions. You will then either meet with the hiring manager or gm whoever is available at the moment. They will then while your there in the interview have you fill out some type of paper work to agree to a background check for your driving history and criminal. Should you succeed the first interview they will usually ask you to come back in a few days for to sign a few more papers before training. At that point you will then be waiting for your background check in which a copy will be sent to you and the employer. If your background check is ok you will either be contacted via phone or email to continue with the process or in the letter of your background check there will be a letter separate stating that for what ever reason dealing with your driving or criminal history you have not made it past that part and will be denied employment.

It was part time

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Rental Sales Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

I got the interview from a friend at school. He worked at that locations for 6 yrs and needed a replacement. The whole interview process took about half an hour and we did the interview right as the locations had closed. The interviewer asked "Why would you like to work here?" "Would you do if a coustumer is upset at you?" and a hand full more about coustumer service questions. The interviewer was extermemly friendly and turned out to be my boss for 5 yrs.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

I applied online, got a call within a week and had an on the phone interview. They called me in for a 1-on-1 interview which was scheduled a few days after the phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2014.

Completed online application and assessment test and received an email the following day to call in for a phone interview. I called and the phone interview was great. The recruiter was friendly and explained all about the position and what it entailed. She asked 2 or 3 behavioral questions regarding customer service and sales. At the end of the interview she set up the face to face interview for the following morning. I received an email with a job application attached that I had to fill out and bring with me to my face to face interview.

I interviewed with the airport manager and sales manager. I was asked to do a sales role play, very easy if you have sales/customer service experience. I was mostly asked about my previous jobs and why I think I would be a good fit for Avis. Interview lasted about an hour, maybe a few minutes more. At the end of the interview I was sent for a drug screen. Still waiting on the results. I already know that the screen will come back negative so I am assuming that I got the job. I don't think employers send you for drug screening unless they are intent on hiring you. The manager did say that when the drug screen came back okay then we would move forward.

Overall great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer
    Pay is a set base rate plus commission. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in October 2013.

I did one phone interview that was easy since I have 13 years of great customer service. Then when I went to the interview. I got chewed out for parking on the lot. Please note there is no other place to park. The first thing that lady said was "ooh let me stop you right here. You take classes? Unless you trying to drop them." I had a blank stare. For 9.45 an hour you want me to have all availability and I can't go to school? I said you can't go to school and work here? She said No-We don't work with your schedule you work with ours." With a snappy attitude. I packed my things and proceeded to leave and i was told i had to keep my application there?? WHY> I will never work for a company that is not helpful with students that want to go to school. Unless you have all the free time in the world and plan to never get a degree ever. This will be the perfect place for you. Oh the guy who was suppose to interview me was late to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Really easy. Almost as if they interview you they hire you. They take a lot of chances because its a union job. you have 3 months to have good sales, you have good sales they keep you. If not, well you know. Your interview is really the 3 month probation period if you ask me.

Interview Questions
    • They do have a questionnaire before you start your probation period. They're almost unnecessary because the questions are ridiculous like "is it OK to steal small things from the company like paper, pens and staplers?"   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because its union and the base pay is already determined. Want to make more money? Get higher commissions!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2013.

You'll complete the initial application online and if your information warrants a phone interview they'll contact you in order to set up a time. The phone interview lasts about 30 minutes and the interviewer will ask you leading questions, so it's not too stressful as long as you prepare. Assuming you do fine on the phone interview you'll be asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. The personal interview I went through was very pleasant and lasted for about 1 and 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The question to be ready for is "what does customer service mean to you"? Have a thought-out answer ready that sounds sincere.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Applied on their website, received a call next day for a phone interview. Right away I was told I passed the phone interview but there where no openings for a face to face interview, and they would call or email to set one up. Every Thursday they send an email to set up the face to face interview. I call back in to set it up and I'm told that there are no openings. I've waited 4 weeks now. I've finally withdrew my candidacy because they never have time available to interview their candidates. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer

Rental Sales Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

This company had a professional process in hiring. Unlike Parmida where I was hired over the phone, this employer had traditional hiring and interview processes. I was interviewed for 30 minutes and offered the job instantly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to break language barriers to understand a need or want.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Park, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Applied online then received a phone interview which included a lot of tell me when this happen. Most of the questions where concerning whether or not you ac overcome objectives. After the phone interview she congratulated me and stated I am moving on to the next stage but doesn't have the schedule available. After 3 days had passed received an email stating to call for a one on one interview and was then told by a rep after calling that still no available times. And haven't hear back from them since.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are same over and over.
      Tell me a time when you had to take criticism from your manager.
        Answer Question

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!