Avis Budget Group

2.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Once they do the phone interview to qualify you what they really want is some one with sales experience and great personality. They'll ask you some basic questions like why do you want to work here, tell me about your sales experience etc. Computer or car knowledge just has to be basic because they will want to train you.

Interview Questions
  • They ask you to "sell" an upgrade on a car class.   View Answer
They have a standard start rate plus commission

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Rental Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Phone interview with recruiter, then was asked to schedule a time for a in person interview. The Interview was less than 30 minutes, was offered the job on the spot.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by email to call in to recruiter for 10-20 minute phone interview. I followed those steps and spent about 15 minutes on phone interview with Recruiter which went well. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview with Airport Manager which would take place a few days later. My appointment was for 4pm and arrived at 330pm, walked inside of office to find that the associates behind the counter was busy so I assumed a seat. At 3:50 I was able to speak to someone and told this person I was there for an interview, immediately I was passed on to three people until the Operations Manager attempted to research what was going on. At this point, I waited until she came out and asked me to step in the back and told me that the Manager had left for the day and they had no interviews scheduled. I proceeded to show her the email confirmation on my phone and she was baffled and apologized for the mix-up. She took down my name and number and told me that she would give the manager my info to re-schedule. I remained poised throughout this very unprofessional fiasco whereas I didn't have one person ask me if I needed any help the entire time I was there leading up to me approaching them. The following day I called the recruiter number that's provided and spoke to someone explaining what had transpired and no one never called me to re-schedule or follow-up. This incident was enough for me to NOT want to work for a company that schedules interviews without communicating with the interviewer and no follow-up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Very quick to set up interview, about 30 minutes long process. The manager of the branch was doing it himself he was polite, fun, genuinely interested in ideas or facts about myself. Mostly consisted on questions about yourself and how you'd fit within the company. Best question was how would I use this job to take steps toward my actual dream job.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

The whole process has been a giant waste of time, read this before you apply.

The way you apply is online and are then asked to do an hour long online assessment which consists mostly of what you would do in various customer service situations. I passed this then was sent and email to call a 800 number for a phone interview. The 800 number is their national recruiting number you are not talking to anyone that works for the branch you are applying to. This consists of basic questions of your experience. I passed the phone interview and was then told to wait for another email for a face to face interview. I received an email that appointments were available I called the 800 number to get an interview time only to be told all appointments were full. I received another email a few days later saying appointment times were available so i called the 800 number 30 minutes after I received the email and yet again there were no appointment times available.

Your experience may be different depending on what location you apply to, but I would suggest not wasting your time. A company is supposed to give a good first impression when hiring. If this is the way they run things I can't imagine actually working for them would be much better.

Interview Questions
    • One of the phone interview questions was how I sold a customer who at first didn't want what I was selling   Answer Question

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Multiple steps - 1) Reply from Avis via email inviting you to a telephonic interview; 2) Invitation to face-to-face interview with local manager (this is a two step interview, step one is standard, step two involves role playing the job you're expected to do); 3) Drug and Background Check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Initial communication began via an acquaintances recommendation of my employment. I then contacted the manager to schedule an interview. After that I went in to his office for roughly 30 minutes in the middle of the day and received the job the next day. The interview process was really unprofessional and practically improvised. Employees working were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions asked were out of the ordinary or difficult to respond to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Submitted my resume online. Was asked to complete an assessment online immediately after submitting my resume. Received an email 4 days later to contact the recruiting department for a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly simple with basic interview questions to get a sense of a person's work ethic and management style. Was given an appointment immediately during the phone interview to meet a recruiter at the airport. Met with one of the operations managers at Ft Lauderdale airport. Interview went well, asked about my job history, why I was changing careers, why I wanted to work for Avis Budget. At the end of the interview he inquired why I was applying for an RSA position and not a managerial position. Gave me an immediate interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Fairly typical interview.   Answer Question

I was asked if I would like to accept the RSA position, or if I would rather be a manager. I have chosen to pursue management positions within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2012.

after filling aplication online, someone from the office contact me for an interview over the phone, they asked questions mostly about my work experience, also about a sells situation which i was suppost to explain how i convinced the client to buy from me or stay with the service i was providing.. few days later i recieved a second call now for an interview in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in December 2011.

I applied online through Career Builder. After a couple days, I received an email instructing me to call hte hotline. I called and the receptionist gave me a briefing about the position and asked a couple of HR questions. "We're looking for X personality. Tell me about a time when you dealt with team members..."

The next day, they sent me an online personality assessement that took at least 40 minutes. After complete, they ask you to call the hotline again.

The day after that, I was called with directions for the location of my interview. Conveniently, the Melbourne International Airport is but 8 minutes from my house.

The Hiring Manager was covering for the normal Manager, who supervises Orlando operations. Probably due to the holiday season, that person was all tied up. She took me behind the small 25 square foot counter area (I'd forgotten how little room RSA's have to maneuver) to a small office/back room. We began with formal greetings and concessions, and then I noticed her concentrating on rewriting my information from the application to her own questionaire sheets. She began by asking me why I'd recently left my last job. I explained that it was for professional development, seeking other better opportunities. (That works pretty well.) She asked me to give her an example of a situation where I least liked my job. She asked me what did I best appreciate about a job. She asked if I would feel badly about being assigned or having to do more work than other employees, whether by Manager choice or my own. She said, "Now for a fun one..." and to sell her something in the room. She asked me how I've dealt with a situation where the customer was unruly or aggresive. She asked me if there would have been anything that I would have said differently to someone/supervisor at a previous job. She asked me to use one word to describe myself...

Afterward, she did not really ask me if I had any questions of my own. She did say that I have to provide her with an actual social security card before she could continue with my training in Orlando. She also said that due to the upcoming holiday, the drug/background check may take a week. Afterwards, there would be training in Orlando.

Make eye contact. Be positive. DO NOT SPEAK NEGATIVELY about yourself or anyone else. Prove excellence in the 40 minutes you have with the interviewer. Inquire about when you'll know more about the process, but do not outright ask for the job.