Avis Budget Group

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – 3 Step process, First they bring you in to do a basic ,math and skills test, they score it and if you pass it you will be scheduled for step 2. Then you meet with the Airport manager (GM) for your first interview, dress for success, and keep in mind the company is a hands on company, not looking for fancy words or crazy education information. 2nd Interview is with District Manager and he will ask you a serious of questions mostly mirroring what the GM asked you but some more difficult. They do have a script they use, but he didnt read it or use it from what I saw.

Interview Question – Name a time when you led a team from a miscue to a sucess and explain how you got there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic, however I did counter a higher amount and they met me in the middle. So YES you can negotiate a larger salary.

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview started with HR recruiter contacting me concerning position and a preliminary interview. Next interview was more formal and was with City Manager and District Manager. Pretty standard situational behavorial questions. After that interview, I was given a tour by a Shift Manager of the operation and what the job consisted of.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation when you just couldn't please a customer?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone who i interviewed with was great. Interviews were with three different days which was a little inconvenient but was worth it. Interview went over past experiences and what i expect in the future. I believe it will be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Shift Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Basic interview. Tell me about yourself, what are you long term goals, how can you help this company.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avis Budget Group

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Avis Budget Group Videos

Avis Budget Group – Why Work for Us?

Why Avis Budget Group? Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy place where things move forward every day. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be. If you're looking… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group Shift Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees and interview candidates.