Avista Utilities

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.3

Accountant In the Plant Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avista Utilities in March 2014.

1 hour interview with 3 employees

Interview Questions
    • The number of questions was a bit draining and they were the typical interview questions. Of course they asked what are my weaknesses.   View Answer

Oracle Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Avista Utilities in March 2014.

Phone interview with the contract company, phone interview with Avista, and then in person interview with Avista.
    I was impressed with Avista personnel. They were friendly and knowledgeable. They put me at my ease and, therefore, received a true picture of me as an employee and my technical skill set. I felt like my skill set was respected and I was respected as a professional.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were technical about the subject matter of the position. The interviewers knew a lot about the position they were filling and the questions were technical and targeted to receive examples of work I have done in the past.   Answer Question

They needed me to relocate immediately and I needed about a week more time. It felt like a communication issue with the contract company. I wish I had accepted the job.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ID

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avista Utilities in November 2013.

Interview questions were normal. I had prepared before the interview of potential questions & thought to myself how I would answer. This helped me prepare. The mock phone call took me off guard, but I calmed the (fake) customer down to resolve the situation. I was comfortable talking to the manager of the office though it is always intimidating having interviews. *Remember - shake hands*

n/a

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Avista Utilities.

If you have a relative or friend who already works at Avista, you will have a leg up over anyone else who is also applying.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about privacy because information is protected.   Answer Question
    I was told the dollar amount. The nice thing about starting in Customer Service is that there are quick ladder increases available.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Avista Utilities in January 2013.

Recruiter contacted me and wanted to setup an interview

2 days later I arrived at the corporate Avista offices dressed appropriately
    Met by HR recruiter and had a pleasant conversation about how the day will go
    Ended up being 4 interviews with different lead developers
    2 of the interviews being technical code based questions and 2 being more past experience and cultural fit

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected it was a breeze. All nice folks during interview process   Answer Question
    there was somewhat of a hrad deck on salary. I took a paycut to take the job but with limited options in the Spokane area it was either take a pay cut or work remote in Seattle.

Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avista Utilities in March 2008.

The interview consisted of a group of six people talking about the various tasks the position was required to do and then asking how it was that my previous experience fit with the job requirements. The interview also consisted of asking what I would do given certain situations. The overall atmosphere in the interview was business casual.

Business Continuity Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avista Utilities.

Standard four person interview board. Round robin questions. Typical questions. Said they would get back with me, they never did.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, typical interview questions.   Answer Question