Aviva Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

GIS Analyst Interview

GIS Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aviva Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – stage 1: Pre-screening interview over the phone with HR.
stage 2: AVP and IT Manager 2 on 1 interview in person
stage 3: Meet with VP, AVP, and IT Manager

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask your previous boss what you need to improve upon, what would he say?   Answer Question
  • Using SQL, how would you join two tables together and what are the different types of joins you can use?   Answer Question

Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aviva Canada in January 2011.

Interview Details – Good communication. Very standard questions. Will ask for references unless in exceptional circumstances.

Interview Question – None, really. Just come prepared to answer standard questions. They are not here to try to trick you but if you are going into underwriting, they want to see that you can prove that you can write larger accounts $15k and larger.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't much of a negotiation on the standard contract. They will promise some things but things that they are vague or wishy washy about - then don't expect it to happen.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview with HR then in person interview with manager

Interview Question – No particular difficult questions, all job related   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview Details – go through the resume and ask about intern experience, followed by a technical test,no behavior question

Interview Question – the technical test, ask you to deal with some excel sheet on data analysis and projectories.   Answer Question

Adjuster Interview

Adjuster

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aviva Canada in September 2010.

Interview Details – Friendly, positive people. 2 person interview. Relaxed and easy atmosphere. Questions designed to elicit examples of past experiences, skills and successes. Professional.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aviva Canada in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by their Business Development guy. The position was 'Data Entry Clerk' which as everyone knows is quite menial at best. However, I can honestly say that I have never had an interviewer who showed less interest in me. In fact, he did not ask me one question about myself! As long as I was breathing, and offered the occasional monosyllabic grunt while sitting upright, this guy could have cared less...

I've never had an interview experience like that in my life, and I hope I never do again!

Interview Question – He didn't ask me any questions   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Summer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aviva Canada in April 2009.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of phone interviews.

1st round of interview was by a HR specialist. Basic questions on resume.
2nd round by Head of Finance and a bunch of people were hearing on the sidelines. Again got asked questions about my resume.

No trick or confusing questions, pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – Do you have any other job options as of right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As an intern, I didn't try to negotiate.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aviva Canada in July 2008.

Interview Details – Initially, I got a phone call to set up a screen with HR. The screener was friendly, but effective. I didn't want too senior a position, because it seemed the project manager position required a very experienced person, so the junior position seemed a better fit. I was invited to an onsite with the hiring director, a fairly new employee as well, as I found out. Unfortunately, this was not the person my referral had been sent to, so I had no "in" from the start. I have to say I got a bit too relaxed half way into the hour long interview, mainly because I was doing pretty well. Frankly, I was not surprised I didn't get the offer. I later found that they needed someone who was more experienced. Honestly, it didn't feel to me to be an environment I would want to work in. I could just sense the office politics, and I am not as tough a person as all that. I was disappointed I was not selected, but I probably would have been worse off working there.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aviva Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aviva Canada interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aviva Canada employees and interview candidates.