Aviva

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.9

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aviva.

Applied through the University career center, had an interview there, got invited for a day of interviews a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but package was competitive.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aviva in May 2012.

Interview was set up by external agency. Manager and staff were great.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as that was done by the staffing agency. Take it or leave it.

Life Product Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aviva in February 2012.

I met with 4 people within a period of a week. The first interview was a screening interview and the next interview was with a 2nd person who left the room after the interview and sent in the manager and director.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength   View Answer
    • How would you relate to the job duties here in comparison to your last job?   View Answer
    There was not one since I came in as a contractor, I was already given my salary through the temp agency.

Applications Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aviva in January 2011.

Definitely an intense, fast paced, detailed interview process. Not very many softballs are thrown.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your extra-curricular technical interests.   View Answer
    negotiations were back and forth with HR, I'd says ask for what you want and minimize churn.

Investment Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aviva in November 2008.

I initially learned about the position from a former colleague who now works there. I filled out an online application and soon received a call from HR. They were quite interested in me at the beginning. I was traveling, so the first step was a phone interview with a senior VP, who suggested I submit a bid to do some project work for them as an initial test to determine my fit with the department. I did this, then was scheduled for a personal interview with several people from the company. The interviews went well, although they were somewhat exhausting because I met with a total of about eight people; some one-on-one and others in small groups. Some of the people I interviewed with struck me as extremely inexperienced for the positions they had. For example, one person had actually been a student intern at my previous employer and to the best of my knowledge was not at all qualified for the type of work she was doing for her present employer. In fact, she was actually doing several things that had been my responsibility at the previous company. This made me question the true nature of the job I was seeking. Although everyone was very interested in my background and experience, I had the feeling they were trying to figure out how the other company (their rival) had done things. I generally felt they weren't quite sure what to do with me or how I would fit in the team. This was disappointing, because my former colleague had said they really worked closely with him to customize a good position. They made no such efforts with me beyond telling me I was being considered for two positions. The HR woman finally sent me the salary range for both positions and they were substantially below what I'd been making. She indicated they would be making a decision soon and I was actually fairly hopeful I would get hired. However, about a week went by before I heard from anyone there. The HR woman had left the company by this time, and the new HR person just said I was not chosen for the position. There was no explanation. I never heard further about my project bid. About a month and a half later, I was contacted by four recruiters for the same position, and told they were now going to fill it with a contractor. My name was submitted again, but I never got an interview. I later heard they filled it with a friend of a friend. Then, in the last two weeks, the position reappeared on the company's internet site and I re-applied. However, I am not hopeful I'll even get an interview. Frankly, I no longer care. They seem extremely erratic to me.

Interview Questions
    • Can you extract information from a portfolio manager and turn it into something? How much do you know about fixed income?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Fairly ad-hoc - interview by the desk of the programme director, next to the vending machine. Asked if I had experience with managing off-shore testers. Reneged on pay offered within two weeks.

one week

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aviva.

Teleconference followed by telepresence as was international role. All went very smoothly and provided me with a good level of interaction with my direct line of reporting and my team.

Insurance Officer Interview

A panel of interviewer asking about your experiences and how can you become an asset.

Marketing and Communications Interview

Two stage and competency based. Not great follow up from HR. I had to chance to get my offer letter to resign in time to join when discussed. Could be improved.

Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aviva.

Interview was a breeze as past experiences helped through the interview process. also ask about the insurance policies