Aviva Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aviva.

Interview

Applied through the University career center, had an interview there, got invited for a day of interviews a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but package was competitive.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aviva (West Des Moines, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was set up by external agency. Manager and staff were great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as that was done by the staffing agency. Take it or leave it.

Life Product Support Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aviva (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

I met with 4 people within a period of a week. The first interview was a screening interview and the next interview was with a 2nd person who left the room after the interview and sent in the manager and director.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer
    • How would you relate to the job duties here in comparison to your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one since I came in as a contractor, I was already given my salary through the temp agency.

Applications Developer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aviva (West Des Moines, IA) in January 2011.

Interview

Definitely an intense, fast paced, detailed interview process. Not very many softballs are thrown.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your extra-curricular technical interests.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiations were back and forth with HR, I'd says ask for what you want and minimize churn.

Investment Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aviva (Des Moines, IA) in November 2008.

Interview

I initially learned about the position from a former colleague who now works there. I filled out an online application and soon received a call from HR. They were quite interested in me at the beginning. I was traveling, so the first step was a phone interview with a senior VP, who suggested I submit a bid to do some project work for them as an initial test to determine my fit with the department. I did this, then was scheduled for a personal interview with several people from the company. The interviews went well, although they were somewhat exhausting because I met with a total of about eight people; some one-on-one and others in small groups. Some of the people I interviewed with struck me as extremely inexperienced for the positions they had. For example, one person had actually been a student intern at my previous employer and to the best of my knowledge was not at all qualified for the type of work she was doing for her present employer. In fact, she was actually doing several things that had been my responsibility at the previous company. This made me question the true nature of the job I was seeking. Although everyone was very interested in my background and experience, I had the feeling they were trying to figure out how the other company (their rival) had done things. I generally felt they weren't quite sure what to do with me or how I would fit in the team. This was disappointing, because my former colleague had said they really worked closely with him to customize a good position. They made no such efforts with me beyond telling me I was being considered for two positions. The HR woman finally sent me the salary range for both positions and they were substantially below what I'd been making. She indicated they would be making a decision soon and I was actually fairly hopeful I would get hired. However, about a week went by before I heard from anyone there. The HR woman had left the company by this time, and the new HR person just said I was not chosen for the position. There was no explanation. I never heard further about my project bid. About a month and a half later, I was contacted by four recruiters for the same position, and told they were now going to fill it with a contractor. My name was submitted again, but I never got an interview. I later heard they filled it with a friend of a friend. Then, in the last two weeks, the position reappeared on the company's internet site and I re-applied. However, I am not hopeful I'll even get an interview. Frankly, I no longer care. They seem extremely erratic to me.

Interview Questions

• Can you extract information from a portfolio manager and turn it into something? How much do you know about fixed income?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aviva (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very brief interview process with the hiring manager, one to one kind. The interview was held in a discussion room, which was a very easy going setting. Only one interview. He read through my resume on the spot and ask questions regarding it. Then he started talking about his job and dominated the whole conversation. I was not expected to do any actuarial work during this internship as i have no qualification.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Fairly ad-hoc - interview by the desk of the programme director, next to the vending machine. Asked if I had experience with managing off-shore testers. Reneged on pay offered within two weeks.

Negotiation

one week

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Teleconference followed by telepresence as was international role. All went very smoothly and provided me with a good level of interaction with my direct line of reporting and my team.

Insurance Officer Interview

Interview

A panel of interviewer asking about your experiences and how can you become an asset.

Insurance Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Thorough, but fair. Given chance to shine rather than being tricked/undermined. Strong competition at assessment centre. Around 600 applicants overall for 5 jobs so quite competitive! Similar process to most grad schemes; submit cv/application, pyschometric tests, phone interview, assessment centre. Tests were easier than some other schemes, although I am comparing them to finance/banking ones. Assessment day was a full day in Norwich (although has been London/York in the past), and had group exercise, presentation, interview, networking.

Interview Questions

• Examples of when you have demonstrated the Aviva values   Answer Question