Aviva Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 4, 2014

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aviva.

Teleconference followed by telepresence as was international role. All went very smoothly and provided me with a good level of interaction with my direct line of reporting and my team.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aviva in March 2010.

I previously worked for Aviva so the hiring manager simply called me and quoted the salary for the position at £40k+. We had an 'interview' with no HR person present and I was offered the role on the spot. I later met with a HR rep, who simply gave me some paperwork and left for the day due to a fire alarm, that was the extent of HR's involvement in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no interview questions as such, i just had a meeting with the hiring manager to discuss the role   Answer Question
    I later had a scheduled time to meet with a HR representative, but the building had a fire alarm go off so he met with me outside, gave me some paperwork and went home, I had absolutely no chance to discuss or negoitate salaries or compensation. When the offer letter came through the post, it was for £27k, which I challenged, to the hiring manager, he said that it was Aviva policy (which is a complete lie) that any individual coming out from university had to be given a level 10 (WW Scale) role, despite the role being advertised at a grade 13.
    As I had worked for Aviva before, I tried to get the pay and grade up, but only to £30k and to grade 11. Despite proving myself within 3 years of my role, I still am nowhere near the £40k salary I deserved.

Worked for Aviva? Contribute to the Community!