Aviva Interview Questions in Norwich, England

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Group work, individual interview, individual case study and presentation. Overall everyone was very friendly and approachable, lunch was provided. Process was spread over most of the day. presentation to senior managers was ok, 40mins to prepare a 5-10min presentation on the case study provided. Be prepared for at least one question where you have to calculate in your head.

Interview Questions

• the usual, plus a few to see how your thought processes work   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in November 2008.

Interview

Competency based interviews with lots of questions on your competenties like 1. Ability to work with others 2. Going beyond call of duty. 3. Adaptability

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had to work with an external team to complete a job/project.   Answer Question
    • Explain when you had to take decision that you were not authorised to take. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much scope in my case as they have a salary band which does not go much beyond what i was earning, infact it was lower. I went for it despite a cut in pay because of its blue chip status. Negotiate if you can.

Actuarial Placement (Norwich) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

had 2 interviews: 1 telephone interview lasted 30 minutes, they said it was going to be competency based but in fact it was pretty technical, and ask questions regarding regulation and how policies are prices, how a profit is made and what are the key risks. 2nd was a strength based interview, about 20-25 questions ranging in complexity, it is important to think openly as these are not competency questions, questions include: - how do you develop an idea? -how do you turn an idea into a proposal

Interview Questions

• how do you convince your friends to attend the restuarant of your choice?   Answer Question

Insurance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Thorough, but fair. Given chance to shine rather than being tricked/undermined. Strong competition at assessment centre. Around 600 applicants overall for 5 jobs so quite competitive! Similar process to most grad schemes; submit cv/application, pyschometric tests, phone interview, assessment centre. Tests were easier than some other schemes, although I am comparing them to finance/banking ones. Assessment day was a full day in Norwich (although has been London/York in the past), and had group exercise, presentation, interview, networking.

Interview Questions

• Examples of when you have demonstrated the Aviva values   Answer Question