Aviva Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Smooth but lengthy process. First simple phone interview directly with hiring manager followed by presentation preparation and actual face-to-face interview. Very unprofessional response from HR though throughout the process. As an email feedback after the final interview, wrong email template was sent over to me

Junior Quant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I got an email from my university senior, his friend who works in Aviva London as a director in the market and operational risk team. His team needs an intern/part-time position to conduct some market risk modelling project. I got interested, so I send my CV to the director. He replied immediately and we agreed to have an informal interview in a week later. On the next Thursday, we had a 1 hour chat about what I have done in the past that are relevant to the risk modelling. The next day I received the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Fairly ad-hoc - interview by the desk of the programme director, next to the vending machine. Asked if I had experience with managing off-shore testers. Reneged on pay offered within two weeks.

Negotiation

one week

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Teleconference followed by telepresence as was international role. All went very smoothly and provided me with a good level of interaction with my direct line of reporting and my team.

Insurance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Thorough, but fair. Given chance to shine rather than being tricked/undermined. Strong competition at assessment centre. Around 600 applicants overall for 5 jobs so quite competitive! Similar process to most grad schemes; submit cv/application, pyschometric tests, phone interview, assessment centre. Tests were easier than some other schemes, although I am comparing them to finance/banking ones. Assessment day was a full day in Norwich (although has been London/York in the past), and had group exercise, presentation, interview, networking.

Interview Questions

• Examples of when you have demonstrated the Aviva values   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Interview

Interview

Two stage and competency based. Not great follow up from HR. I had to chance to get my offer letter to resign in time to join when discussed. Could be improved.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva.

Interview

Applied directly to the hiring manager (through a referral) and was contacted for interview by said manager. Process consisted of only one interview, with team head of and a senior manager. Discussed CV, role requirements, what challenges could be expected in the role. I was made to feel very comfortable, it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was happy with the offer.

Actuarial Placement (Norwich) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

had 2 interviews: 1 telephone interview lasted 30 minutes, they said it was going to be competency based but in fact it was pretty technical, and ask questions regarding regulation and how policies are prices, how a profit is made and what are the key risks. 2nd was a strength based interview, about 20-25 questions ranging in complexity, it is important to think openly as these are not competency questions, questions include: - how do you develop an idea? -how do you turn an idea into a proposal

Interview Questions

• how do you convince your friends to attend the restuarant of your choice?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Group work, individual interview, individual case study and presentation. Overall everyone was very friendly and approachable, lunch was provided. Process was spread over most of the day. presentation to senior managers was ok, 40mins to prepare a 5-10min presentation on the case study provided. Be prepared for at least one question where you have to calculate in your head.

Interview Questions

• the usual, plus a few to see how your thought processes work   1 Answer

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Everything was planned by a head hunter. I wasn't too sure whether this role would be suitable for me just by reading the job description but went in for the interview to find out. Interview started off by the senior interviewer detailing roles and responsibilities, which was really helpful to understand acronyms in the job description and get a feel for work at Aviva. Interview itself was quite relaxed, lots of opportunities to ask questions to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Identify key controls in a given process (fixed income, etc)   Answer Question