Aviva Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Fairly ad-hoc - interview by the desk of the programme director, next to the vending machine. Asked if I had experience with managing off-shore testers. Reneged on pay offered within two weeks.

one week

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aviva.

Teleconference followed by telepresence as was international role. All went very smoothly and provided me with a good level of interaction with my direct line of reporting and my team.

Marketing and Communications Interview

Two stage and competency based. Not great follow up from HR. I had to chance to get my offer letter to resign in time to join when discussed. Could be improved.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aviva.

Applied directly to the hiring manager (through a referral) and was contacted for interview by said manager. Process consisted of only one interview, with team head of and a senior manager. Discussed CV, role requirements, what challenges could be expected in the role. I was made to feel very comfortable, it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, I was happy with the offer.

Actuarial Placement (Norwich) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Aviva.

had 2 interviews:
    1 telephone interview lasted 30 minutes, they said it was going to be competency based but in fact it was pretty technical, and ask questions regarding regulation and how policies are prices, how a profit is made and what are the key risks.

2nd was a strength based interview, about 20-25 questions ranging in complexity, it is important to think openly as these are not competency questions, questions include:
    - how do you develop an idea?
    -how do you turn an idea into a proposal

Interview Questions
    • how do you convince your friends to attend the restuarant of your choice?   Answer Question

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aviva in March 2012.

Everything was planned by a head hunter. I wasn't too sure whether this role would be suitable for me just by reading the job description but went in for the interview to find out. Interview started off by the senior interviewer detailing roles and responsibilities, which was really helpful to understand acronyms in the job description and get a feel for work at Aviva. Interview itself was quite relaxed, lots of opportunities to ask questions to the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Identify key controls in a given process (fixed income, etc)   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aviva in March 2010.

I previously worked for Aviva so the hiring manager simply called me and quoted the salary for the position at £40k+. We had an 'interview' with no HR person present and I was offered the role on the spot. I later met with a HR rep, who simply gave me some paperwork and left for the day due to a fire alarm, that was the extent of HR's involvement in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no interview questions as such, i just had a meeting with the hiring manager to discuss the role   Answer Question
    I later had a scheduled time to meet with a HR representative, but the building had a fire alarm go off so he met with me outside, gave me some paperwork and went home, I had absolutely no chance to discuss or negoitate salaries or compensation. When the offer letter came through the post, it was for £27k, which I challenged, to the hiring manager, he said that it was Aviva policy (which is a complete lie) that any individual coming out from university had to be given a level 10 (WW Scale) role, despite the role being advertised at a grade 13.
    As I had worked for Aviva before, I tried to get the pay and grade up, but only to £30k and to grade 11. Despite proving myself within 3 years of my role, I still am nowhere near the £40k salary I deserved.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aviva in February 2010.

1 to 1 interview, had a chat with one an hr employee first, then other vp and partners

Lead Advisor, Claims Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Perth, Scotland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aviva in January 2009.

long, not well managed, poor information provided at every stage.

Interview Questions
    • are you able to conform to company policy even when it cannot be explained as being reasonable.   View Answer

existing employee new job - knew it wouldnt be any better

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aviva in November 2008.

Competency based interviews with lots of questions on your competenties like
    1. Ability to work with others
    2. Going beyond call of duty.
    3. Adaptability

Interview Questions
    • Explain when you had to work with an external team to complete a job/project.   Answer Question
    • Explain when you had to take decision that you were not authorised to take. What was the outcome.   Answer Question
    Not much scope in my case as they have a salary band which does not go much beyond what i was earning, infact it was lower. I went for it despite a cut in pay because of its blue chip status.
    Negotiate if you can.