Avnet Electronics Marketing

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.6

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing.

Was contacted directly by a recruiting agency who gave me some fluff questions regarding basic java language acronyms. Was then contacted by the internet HR department to setup the first screenings by the HR group. This included questions regarding job history and salary requirements.
    The actual interview was conducted by the department director. I received very little java language questions.

nothing was negotiable.

Product Line Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing in April 2013.

The head of the HR department was very helpful through out the entire process. I had interviews with two different hiring managers and got the second one. It was a straight forward interview with a couple hard questions but they are just trying to get to know you for the most part.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing.

Had phone interview with hiring manager and then had in-person interview. After that met with 2 other Sr. Members of the management team.

Interview Questions
    • Why I had so many jobs and didn't stay in sales positions for long?   View Answer
    There isn't a lot of negotiation - they ask you what you are making and basically offer you a bit more.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing.

Multiple interviews, spanning 6 months.

Long and inflexible.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing in June 2011.

I was contacted by the recruiter at Avnet's Corporate headquarters. After briefly reviewing my work history and qualifications we set up an interview with the Sales and Marketing Manager. After the interview there was a 2 week dead time where I heard nothing. The manager was friendly and easy to converse with, I was told there were 15 other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked every generic open ended and vague interview question. i.e. (Tell me about yourself. What kind of people do you find difficult to work with? Tell me about the biggest mistake you made. etc.)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing in January 2011.

College recruiter contacted me about position. Having met her before, and her knowing a bit about me (degrees) she set up the interview with the team right away. Interview was a panel interview with three other people. About 6 star questions.

Interview Questions
    • How are you with data analysis?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you've had to deal with someone problematic either at school or at work   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing in March 2010.

The interview process consists of a panel (in this case 5) directors and managers. The interview was about an hour long and consisted of back to back questions related to past work experiences or even past relationship experiences. They give you ample time to ask questions and even the opportunity for you to sit down with an employee and have him/her guide you through a common days work. The interviewees were attentive, related to experiences and overall seemed to be genuinely interested in each individual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you told a customer false information and had to go back and tell them you made a mistake.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time you had miscommunicated with someone and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing in August 2009.

It was a group interview very informal. Talked a lot about my prior experience, the projects that I have worked upon in various companies. The manager talked more about the company and what the position is about. The tech lead were the one asking questions. Basically wanted to know if the person can deliver and can do the job. The job required was pretty simple, writing test plans, test scripts, and perform manual testing. There was no automation or use of any automated tools. They were planning to use Quality Center as a defect management tool and the use of Test lab. All the test scripts were to be written in Excel format and will be uploaded to Quality Center. They pretty much followed the entire software development life cycle with two month deploy time frame.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you did not agree with the management.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avnet Electronics Marketing in November 2008.

one interview with the FAE manager to explain the position. one interview with the branch manager to receive the offer.