Avnet Technology Solutions

2.7

Product Segment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in December 2013.

Received one call. Asked me a few questions about my work experience and was scheduled for another interview, but was never contacted by phone. I was contacted a month later by email for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was easy and there was no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Changer Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in June 2013.

1st round = panel interview
    2nd round = director meeting
    3rd level = vp meeting

Electronic Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in March 2013.

2 interviews and 1 month wait.

Credit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in September 2012.

Applied for a Credit Coordinator position last Dec 2011, but they felt I was over qualified (which I was) and said they would hang on to my resume for future positions that more closely matched my skills and experience. (Haven't we all heard that before?)
       However, I did receive a call from the Director of Credit in Sept 2012 when he had a Credit Supervisor position available. He said he kept my resume from a year ago and thought I'd be a good fit for this position. He asked me to apply on their website and they would contat me for an interview.
       I interview a few days later. He had gone through my resume with a fine tooth comb. He had highlighted buzz words and we discussed my experience and and the skills I brought to the table that he was looking for. I felt he really listed to me and used comparisons to the job description.
       A few days later I received a call from HR to come in for a second interview with another Credit Manager. It is scheduled for next week. TBD! :)

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel any of the questions were dificult or unexpected.   View Answer
    I haven't been offered a job yet. Second interview next week.

Solutions Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in May 2012.

Communication was clear and concise, interview was about an hour long. Manager ended up turning the interview into a conversation about job goals and accomplishments rather than just questions only. This allowed my actual skills to shine through.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was to give the manager an idea of something that I could improve in my every day work flow.   Answer Question
    Salary was offered, but then a rebuttle was made that there was another offer at another company. They came back with a little bit more than the other company.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in April 2012.

Talked to recruiters at campus career events and got to know them. Submitted resume and cover letter online. Was contacted the week after. Had two 30-minute interviews with potential managers at Avnet in Tempe. Was contacted by HR and ready to begin employment in two weeks. The recruiters were very helpful and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this area (sales, marketing, operations, etc.)?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in March 2011.

First interviewed with the HR Manager. She then offered me the opportunity to interview for two different positions within the program. I did both interviews and they both went well. Everyone had a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had to learn something completly new.   Answer Question

Still In Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in January 2010.

All of the people I encountered in this process were professional and courteous. They were truly refreshing to work with. I was kept informed of progress and treated with the utmost respect.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you take a lesser position in your last position?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Started by a very nice conversation between manager and me. I introduced about myself, then he started asking questions from my projects. He asks about complete project idea, with detailed syntax. For every logic, he is asking to write syntax.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult program that you have tried in java?   View Answer

Specialist Solution Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Avnet Technology Solutions in July 2013.

First step:- Telephonic(HR), Second Step:- Interview with the Technical Head , Third Step:- Salary Negotiation with HR

There are very less chances of negotiations.