Avocent

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Avocent in June 2010.

Interview Details – Set up a phone interview through email. Took about 2 days between email and phone interview. More informal technical questions with the main concern being domain design. The position was responsible for designing a multi user domain for a new product that was a merger of two companies by Emmerson, their parent. Described my experience with user domain design and other projects.

Interview Question – What is domain design.   View Answer

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avocent in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a headhunter and given the interview. I arrived and interviewed with one person and was asked the typical questions. I did not have to go in for a second interview but was offered the position through the agency. The salary they offered was too low and so I declined when they came back with a higher offer I accepted. It took a while for all of this to happen though.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Avocent   View Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Avocent in April 2008.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview. Felt I intimidated the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for Avocent? Contribute to the Community!