Avon Products

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2011.

Interview Details – They were hiring for multiple Associate Brand Manager positions so I met with representatives from three departments (color, skin care and fragrance) . The interviews were all fairly similar. Each started with a "give me a bit of your background" question. After explaining my education, professional experience and work style they asked further questions regarding my background. There was a heavy emphasis on corporate structure and each interviewer made it a point to explain where this position would fall and who is above, below and on the same level. Each asked why I was interested in beauty and why specifically Avon.

Interview Question – Why beauty?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 4 people including HR and 3 marketing leaders. The interviews focused on relevant marketing experience as well as skill set. My experience was positive and eacher interviewer was pleasant.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Never accept the first offer, always negotiate

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had separate 1:1 interviews with 3 different Brand Managers, as well as a 1:1 interview with an HR rep. The brand management interviews were informal, friendly and conversational, with a few behavioral questions thrown in. The HR interview was the complete opposite. The HR rep was challenging and confrontational, and asked a few mini case questions, all over lunch in a crowded and loud setting. I would recommend being prepared for just about anything when you go in.

Interview Question – If I had a warehouse full of water bottles and needed to get rid of them ASAP, how would you market them?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avon Products

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avon Products Associate Brand Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avon Products employees and interview candidates.