Avon Products

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2011.

Interview Details – They were hiring for multiple Associate Brand Manager positions so I met with representatives from three departments (color, skin care and fragrance) . The interviews were all fairly similar. Each started with a "give me a bit of your background" question. After explaining my education, professional experience and work style they asked further questions regarding my background. There was a heavy emphasis on corporate structure and each interviewer made it a point to explain where this position would fall and who is above, below and on the same level. Each asked why I was interested in beauty and why specifically Avon.

Interview Question – Why beauty?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 4 people including HR and 3 marketing leaders. The interviews focused on relevant marketing experience as well as skill set. My experience was positive and eacher interviewer was pleasant.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Never accept the first offer, always negotiate

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had separate 1:1 interviews with 3 different Brand Managers, as well as a 1:1 interview with an HR rep. The brand management interviews were informal, friendly and conversational, with a few behavioral questions thrown in. The HR interview was the complete opposite. The HR rep was challenging and confrontational, and asked a few mini case questions, all over lunch in a crowded and loud setting. I would recommend being prepared for just about anything when you go in.

Interview Question – If I had a warehouse full of water bottles and needed to get rid of them ASAP, how would you market them?   View Answer

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!