Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It's been many years but I went through a Sales Leadership Orientation to initially apply for the job. Then met with the Division manager a couple of times and was hired. Now it's a much longer process from what I understand. 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all designed to see if you would be able to lead and influence people.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avon Products

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in July 2013.

Interview

It went very smoothly, questions were not hard to answer and it was a very pleasant experience. I had to do 2 HR interviews, then one with the divisional manager and one with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• give some examples of something that challenged you and how you overcame that obsticale   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negociation. The base is as is, but you can get bonuses.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Interview

Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products (McAllen, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain Home, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products (Mountain Home, AR) in September 2011.

Interview

Lengthy! The whole process took about THREE MONTHS. I was interviewed over the phone about 4 times, then did a in person interview. I also had to do two ride a longs, one of which I had to drive almost 3 hours to meet with the other manager. They have you take a "situation" test where a HR person describes different scenarios over the phone which was a little stressful. They did NOT tell me that I would have to pay $15 my first day to become a representative. They also tell you you get a company car. You do, however it's not until you complete your training and become assisgned. When I asked how long that would take, they told me anywhere from 3 months to a year. Luckily I was done around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenge with a co-worker and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, then if you get past that, in person interview. The process takes about one month for most corporate employees. they also do former employer checks. Many good employee options move on to other companies before the avon process is over.

Interview Questions

• They want to know you understand about prospecting, appointing, training, and developing leaders that will mimic your sales behaviors.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avon Products (Springdale, AR) in February 2011.

Interview

The initial phone interview went extremely smooth. The face to face interview was set up in a timely manner, very professional and well thought out. The place was very public and safe. I did not have to drive more than 10 miles from my home to reach the interview destination.

Interview Questions

• What did I think about helping others gain financial freedom through sharing the opportunities that Avon offered.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products (Brandon, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Pre screen on line exam; Talent recruiter interview then direct supervisor interview followed by the supervisor's boss interview. Recruiters and interviews were done with respect and professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2010.

Interview

Being open to different situations and able to talk to anyone on the fly about the job position. Dont be afraid to open your mouth and talk to everyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about travel?   1 Answer