Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Long and Did not receive an offer at first, but was selected when next opportunity came available. I saw a high turnover for the DSM position. Interview started with a call to schedule a telephonic interview with recruiter. After that a package for testing was mailed to you to complete. After sufficient results were received by recruiter divisional manager was notified. Divisional assistant coordinated schedules for an in person interview. if selected then a formal offer was made.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avon Products

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

My interview was many years ago. Had a face to face with the divisional then the area manager simply talking about my past experience and duties why my job change and some personal life questions like if i had kids a spouse to see if i could handle the high demands of this job and since there was travelling involved

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Interview process took about a month. First there was a phone interview from the recruiter then a test on personality and skill. then a 1 on 1 interview with the Divisional Sales Manager. Third interview was with the Regional Sales Manager. Avon requires background and drug check.

Interview Questions

• Describe situations that happened in previous positions where you had to use your coaching skill   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was done over the phone with the recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It's been many years but I went through a Sales Leadership Orientation to initially apply for the job. Then met with the Division manager a couple of times and was hired. Now it's a much longer process from what I understand. 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all designed to see if you would be able to lead and influence people.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy Interview process, applied online and was contacted by a talent recruiter who gave me a phone interview. Then I was contacted by the Divisional Manager for a phone interview and to schedule a ride along with an existing Manager. The ride a long consisted of office time and trying to recruit in a shopping center. Had a meeting with the Divisional Manager and was contacted by Human Resource for a phone interview/scenario test.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products in July 2013.

Interview

It went very smoothly, questions were not hard to answer and it was a very pleasant experience. I had to do 2 HR interviews, then one with the divisional manager and one with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• give some examples of something that challenged you and how you overcame that obsticale   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negociation. The base is as is, but you can get bonuses.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Interview

Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products (McAllen, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Home, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Mountain Home, AR) in September 2011.

Interview

Lengthy! The whole process took about THREE MONTHS. I was interviewed over the phone about 4 times, then did a in person interview. I also had to do two ride a longs, one of which I had to drive almost 3 hours to meet with the other manager. They have you take a "situation" test where a HR person describes different scenarios over the phone which was a little stressful. They did NOT tell me that I would have to pay $15 my first day to become a representative. They also tell you you get a company car. You do, however it's not until you complete your training and become assisgned. When I asked how long that would take, they told me anywhere from 3 months to a year. Luckily I was done around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenge with a co-worker and how you handled it   Answer Question