Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products.

Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

Other Interview Reviews for Avon Products

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products in February 2012.

Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products in February 2011.

Pre screen on line exam; Talent recruiter interview then direct supervisor interview followed by the supervisor's boss interview. Recruiters and interviews were done with respect and professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avon Products in February 2011.

The initial phone interview went extremely smooth. The face to face interview was set up in a timely manner, very professional and well thought out. The place was very public and safe. I did not have to drive more than 10 miles from my home to reach the interview destination.

Interview Questions
    • What did I think about helping others gain financial freedom through sharing the opportunities that Avon offered.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

Being open to different situations and able to talk to anyone on the fly about the job position. Dont be afraid to open your mouth and talk to everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in February 2010.

I applied online then I had to take and pass the skills assessment test and personality test. The I had a 1:1 interview with HR. Then I had a 1:1 interview with the division manager. Then I had to train for approximately 1-2 months.

Interview Questions
    • If their was a vacancy of sales reps. in your territory which was causing a decline in sales how would you handle that issue to reach your quota in two weeks?   Answer Question

After a couple weeks into the training I realized it was something I didn't have a passion for and personal issues were conflicting with my performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Long process but worth it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products in March 2009.

Was great.. interviewed with Divisional Manager over the phone, then with Regional Manager in person. Got the job offer a week later. Had to negotiate salary..

Interview Questions
    • concern that I had never worked for a direct selling company before   View Answer
    very simple. I had to ask for more money, which I received.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Spoke with someone from Training Department for initial interview and she advised that I would need to complete an online compatibility questionnaire. Which I did and then never heard back from them, even after checking in two weeks later.