Avon Products

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Sales Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Interview Details – Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long process but worth it

Negotiation Details – Easy

McAllen, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2012.

Interview Details – Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

District Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

Brandon, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2011.

Interview Details – Pre screen on line exam; Talent recruiter interview then direct supervisor interview followed by the supervisor's boss interview. Recruiters and interviews were done with respect and professionalism.

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

Interview Details – Being open to different situations and able to talk to anyone on the fly about the job position. Dont be afraid to open your mouth and talk to everyone.

Interview Question – How would you feel about travel?   View Answer

Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was great.. interviewed with Divisional Manager over the phone, then with Regional Manager in person. Got the job offer a week later. Had to negotiate salary..

Interview Question – concern that I had never worked for a direct selling company before   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very simple. I had to ask for more money, which I received.

Jackson, MI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online then I had to take and pass the skills assessment test and personality test. The I had a 1:1 interview with HR. Then I had a 1:1 interview with the division manager. Then I had to train for approximately 1-2 months.

Interview Question – If their was a vacancy of sales reps. in your territory which was causing a decline in sales how would you handle that issue to reach your quota in two weeks?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After a couple weeks into the training I realized it was something I didn't have a passion for and personal issues were conflicting with my performance.

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Interview Details – I sent a resume and after a month was contacted by the HR department, at which time I was given a pre-screen interview. I was advised that I needed to compelete an online talent assessment, which I did. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them to see the status of my application. Needless to say they have lost a loyal customer.

District Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with someone from Training Department for initial interview and she advised that I would need to complete an online compatibility questionnaire. Which I did and then never heard back from them, even after checking in two weeks later.

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!