Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avon Products (Springdale, AR) in February 2011.

Interview

The initial phone interview went extremely smooth. The face to face interview was set up in a timely manner, very professional and well thought out. The place was very public and safe. I did not have to drive more than 10 miles from my home to reach the interview destination.

Interview Questions

• What did I think about helping others gain financial freedom through sharing the opportunities that Avon offered.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avon Products

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview. 2nd step is an online quiz, that pertains to actually performing the job. 3rd Phone interview with HR. Lots of paperwork to fill out and faxing involved. Took 3 months to find out if I had the job as people were away on vacation.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertained to doing the job. Difficult to answer as the job description was not clear and guessing or basing your answer on previous work experience was not necessarily the correct answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Interview

Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Long process but worth it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products (McAllen, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products (Brandon, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Pre screen on line exam; Talent recruiter interview then direct supervisor interview followed by the supervisor's boss interview. Recruiters and interviews were done with respect and professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2010.

Interview

Being open to different situations and able to talk to anyone on the fly about the job position. Dont be afraid to open your mouth and talk to everyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about travel?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I sent a resume and after a month was contacted by the HR department, at which time I was given a pre-screen interview. I was advised that I needed to compelete an online talent assessment, which I did. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them to see the status of my application. Needless to say they have lost a loyal customer.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Interview

Spoke with someone from Training Department for initial interview and she advised that I would need to complete an online compatibility questionnaire. Which I did and then never heard back from them, even after checking in two weeks later.