Avon Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process seems to be ongoing...

Applied online (March 2014) and get called for phone interview ~3 weeks later (April 2014)

Had an initial phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with an Executive Director. I got invited to come in for an onsite interview 2 weeks later. I met with 2 Brand Managers, a Global Director, and the HR Manager.

I did not receive any feedback so I reached out (end of April) and was told the position just went on hold but I am still under consideration and I should check back in a month. So I followed up (end of May 2014) and got a response within 5 minutes that the position is still on hold and movement is expected in July and that I should follow up again.

So I followed up end of June and never got a response...no phone call/no email reply/no update to my status online...

Interview Question – We flipped through a fashion magazine and I had to pick an ad and explain what I liked about it and what I did not like and why.   View Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Interview Details – Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

Very Easy Interview

E-Representative Interview

E-Representative
Mechanicsville, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview at McDonalds a few days after I applyed for the job online. She did the interview at McDonalds and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – making your own money doing it on your own time

Toxicologist II Interview

Toxicologist II

I applied online and interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/

Interview Question – Are you willing to work extra hours?   Answer Question

Change Management Specialist Interview

Change Management Specialist
White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by Avon's recruiter for a phone screen.
Two round interview process. The first round was a group interview and the second round was with one of the hiring managers.

Interview Question – What would you do with a million dollars?   Answer Question

Processing Interview

Processing
Morton Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is a free for all. A lot of people get hired because they know someone who works there, so management kind of has an expectation of who they are going to hire. The place has a lot of rules that they advertise to the public when listing open positions, but breaks them whenever they deem it "for the good of the business." The applications are all online now, and you can have someone who works there refer you if you know someone there. They do follow to a tee, their background check, and urine test policy though. They even ask former employers your sexual preference.

The interviewing is pretty straght forward. What do you have to offer us kind of business. They ask pretty standard questions regarding experience, references, etc. They also let you know right off the bat what they expect regarding physical condition, productivity, attendance, late shift, and other stuff, to make sure your up to snuff, and willing to bend for the needs of the company.

Interview Question – I don't remember. It was a pretty long time ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no negotiation. I needed a job, and they were offering

Business Process Manager Interview

Business Process Manager
White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR phone screening, hiring manager phone interview, 1:1 interviews on site with 3 different managers (half day session). Overall process took about 2 months

Interview Question – What do you think is the most challenging aspect of the direct selling industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate, however had to play the game to get what I wanted

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a great hiring and interview experience. I started off as a temp (1 month) but they saw potential in me plus I really wanted a full time job so they interviewed me.

Interview Question – Why do you think you're fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotation since I didn't have much experience in this specific role/area

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long process but worth it

Negotiation Details – Easy

Very Easy Interview

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Independent Sales Representative
Belmont, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2011.

Interview Details – the hiring process made everything look a lot more simple than it was. it is hard to generate income in this field when about 45 other people are more experienced in your line of work in "sales"

Interview Question – Why is it so hard to place my order?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – i spent a lot more money trying to make this work than not

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!