Avon Products

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Development Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Applied, phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manger, in-person interview - 3 hr long process. During the phone interview the hiring manager was very rude. Asked me what job I was applying for. Shouldn't he know that before calling me. He was straight to the point though. The interview possess went very well. I asked the Hiring manager why the position was open. She stated that in the file, the previous employee left the company. I asked the hiring manager the same question can he was very vague and stated it was reorganization within the company.

Finance Manager Interview

The interview process was great. HR was very down to earth as was the hiring manager. I found avon associates to be nice and professional. The work life balance is not just a sell during the interview because it does exist as soon as you start with the company and lasts throughout the time you spend there. The offer came quickly and was not dragged out indefinitely like other companies. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question was asked maybe because I was well-prepared.   Answer Question
    No negotiation required

Research Scientist Interview

I posted my CV online. first received a phone call from HR with very generic questions on behaviors and salary expectation. a week later a phone interview was set up with the Hiring manager and another person from the group. three weeks later I was invited to on -site interview with the group as well as a couple people outside the group. overall nice and friendly people. lots of detailed technical questions from a couple scientists.

Sourcing Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2014.

Applied online via Linkedin and received a response within the next few days. HR Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator were extremely professional and friendly throughout the process. Entire cycle entailed a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, 30 minute phone interview with another Manager in the group, and two onsite interviews each about 1 hour in length. Interview questions were not too difficult and mainly involved my career interests and discussion about the role (as to be expected). Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of process/change management projects have you worked on?   Answer Question

Had a special circumstance where I was offered a higher position at my present company, but would have taken it if not for this situation

Toxicologist II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in April 2014.

Interview process seems to be ongoing...

Applied online (March 2014) and get called for phone interview ~3 weeks later (April 2014)

Had an initial phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with an Executive Director. I got invited to come in for an onsite interview 2 weeks later. I met with 2 Brand Managers, a Global Director, and the HR Manager.

I did not receive any feedback so I reached out (end of April) and was told the position just went on hold but I am still under consideration and I should check back in a month. So I followed up (end of May 2014) and got a response within 5 minutes that the position is still on hold and movement is expected in July and that I should follow up again.

So I followed up end of June and never got a response...no phone call/no email reply/no update to my status online...

Interview Questions
    • We flipped through a fashion magazine and I had to pick an ad and explain what I liked about it and what I did not like and why.   View Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products.

Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products.

There is not really an interview. You just pay a ten dollar fee to get started and fill out some paperwork.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products.

There was no formal hiring or interview process. Once you decide to join Avon, you meet with upline and District Manager to sign contract. You pay your $10 to start and then have a few days to sell 1st campain and make 40%. Not enough time to actually get business started.

Interview Questions
    • How much money do you think you will make your 1st campaign?   View Answer

Global Brand Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Avon Products.

Was a mess. I flew in for the day to interview, HR left me waiting over 30 minutes before starting the interview. Sent me to my next interview who asked me why I was late! HR hadn't even bothered to tell them I was late on their accord. I was hired, came for my first day, and my hiring manager didn't even come to pick me up from the lobby. There was a global meeting and after orientation all the other hires got picked up at like noon. The reception kept calling my boss with no answer. My two up boss happened to walk by about an hour later and was like hey! What are you doing out here! Come with me!

Interview Questions
    • They asked a segmentation question -- how would you segment the bottled water market?   Answer Question
    Was working with a recruiter. They were fair and paid competitively.