Avon Products

118 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toxicologist II Interview

Toxicologist II

I applied online and interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/

Interview Question – Are you willing to work extra hours?   Answer Question

Change Management Specialist Interview

Change Management Specialist
White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by Avon's recruiter for a phone screen.
Two round interview process. The first round was a group interview and the second round was with one of the hiring managers.

Interview Question – What would you do with a million dollars?   Answer Question

Processing Interview

Processing
Morton Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is a free for all. A lot of people get hired because they know someone who works there, so management kind of has an expectation of who they are going to hire. The place has a lot of rules that they advertise to the public when listing open positions, but breaks them whenever they deem it "for the good of the business." The applications are all online now, and you can have someone who works there refer you if you know someone there. They do follow to a tee, their background check, and urine test policy though. They even ask former employers your sexual preference.

The interviewing is pretty straght forward. What do you have to offer us kind of business. They ask pretty standard questions regarding experience, references, etc. They also let you know right off the bat what they expect regarding physical condition, productivity, attendance, late shift, and other stuff, to make sure your up to snuff, and willing to bend for the needs of the company.

Interview Question – I don't remember. It was a pretty long time ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no negotiation. I needed a job, and they were offering

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a great hiring and interview experience. I started off as a temp (1 month) but they saw potential in me plus I really wanted a full time job so they interviewed me.

Interview Question – Why do you think you're fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotation since I didn't have much experience in this specific role/area

Business Process Manager Interview

Business Process Manager
White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR phone screening, hiring manager phone interview, 1:1 interviews on site with 3 different managers (half day session). Overall process took about 2 months

Interview Question – What do you think is the most challenging aspect of the direct selling industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate, however had to play the game to get what I wanted

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long process but worth it

Negotiation Details – Easy

Very Easy Interview

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Independent Sales Representative
Belmont, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2011.

Interview Details – the hiring process made everything look a lot more simple than it was. it is hard to generate income in this field when about 45 other people are more experienced in your line of work in "sales"

Interview Question – Why is it so hard to place my order?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – i spent a lot more money trying to make this work than not

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Jamaica, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring is easy and laid back

Interview Question – There wasn't no hard hitting questions   Answer Question

McAllen, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2012.

Interview Details – Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

District Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avon Products

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avon Products interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews posted anonymously by Avon Products employees and interview candidates.