Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Long and Did not receive an offer at first, but was selected when next opportunity came available. I saw a high turnover for the DSM position. Interview started with a call to schedule a telephonic interview with recruiter. After that a package for testing was mailed to you to complete. After sufficient results were received by recruiter divisional manager was notified. Divisional assistant coordinated schedules for an in person interview. if selected then a formal offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

My interview was many years ago. Had a face to face with the divisional then the area manager simply talking about my past experience and duties why my job change and some personal life questions like if i had kids a spouse to see if i could handle the high demands of this job and since there was travelling involved

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Interview process took about a month. First there was a phone interview from the recruiter then a test on personality and skill. then a 1 on 1 interview with the Divisional Sales Manager. Third interview was with the Regional Sales Manager. Avon requires background and drug check.

Interview Questions

• Describe situations that happened in previous positions where you had to use your coaching skill   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was done over the phone with the recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It's been many years but I went through a Sales Leadership Orientation to initially apply for the job. Then met with the Division manager a couple of times and was hired. Now it's a much longer process from what I understand. 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all designed to see if you would be able to lead and influence people.   1 Answer

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY).

Interview

The process takes 3-5 months, you fly all over the country answering the same questions with different levels of management. There are several tests before the phone interviews with HR begin. You must be prepared to leave town on a moments notice to fly out for an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not open to any negotiation but the offer was good.

Packaging Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Suffern, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After the initial interview on my college campus, I was invited to the company location for an on-site interview. I was met by the manager of the department who conducted a tour of the facility. After a brief walk through of the labs, we sat down in a conference room and conducted the second interview which was primarily just gauging my interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What abilities can I bring to the table to positively impact the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy, simply submitted my resume through my college and was called in for an interview a few days later. Didn't really have to deal with the company at all until the interview. They work very quickly and have great communication.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all personality related. What are your strengths? How well do you resolve conflicts? Do you work well in a team? things like that   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was great. HR was very down to earth as was the hiring manager. I found avon associates to be nice and professional. The work life balance is not just a sell during the interview because it does exist as soon as you start with the company and lasts throughout the time you spend there. The offer came quickly and was not dragged out indefinitely like other companies. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question was asked maybe because I was well-prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

I posted my CV online. first received a phone call from HR with very generic questions on behaviors and salary expectation. a week later a phone interview was set up with the Hiring manager and another person from the group. three weeks later I was invited to on -site interview with the group as well as a couple people outside the group. overall nice and friendly people. lots of detailed technical questions from a couple scientists.

Sourcing Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online via Linkedin and received a response within the next few days. HR Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator were extremely professional and friendly throughout the process. Entire cycle entailed a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, 30 minute phone interview with another Manager in the group, and two onsite interviews each about 1 hour in length. Interview questions were not too difficult and mainly involved my career interests and discussion about the role (as to be expected). Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What sort of process/change management projects have you worked on?   Answer Question

Had a special circumstance where I was offered a higher position at my present company, but would have taken it if not for this situation