Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Avon Products in December 2008.

Intensive interview process, multiple phone interviews and in-person interview. Personality and management style/skills test, drug test, background check required. Process can be excruciatingly drawn out, particularly if actively seeking employment while unemployed.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2010.

You meet a diverse set of business partners at the country, regional and global level. They are assessing for culture fit . It is a very relationship driven organization. Some of the interviewers are very confrontational but that is really about seeing how u maintain grace under fire. Be succinct factual . Pay attention to the bios of the people who u will talk with .The recruiter who has placed people there is a valuable resource. Use networking websites to see who u may know at the company.
    Remember if they are talking to you then they don't think who they have inside is the right fir so it is critical that u get a sense of what they need in a candidate that they don't think they have now internally. Again the recruiter should be helpful here. Finally it can only help if u know someone at the organization. CPG is a small world so chances are u do.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you will tell a executive business leader that their statement, conclusions or assertions was incorrect.   Answer Question
    Do the research at what is the normal compensation. Be clear on your bottom line. be open to accept salary vs signing bonus vs ongoing bonus trade-offs

Senior BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2011.

Very transparent.Different managers asked me around my technical skill sets.The VP asked about the soft skills & project management.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2008.

Phone interview, testing, 1 on 1 interview, another phone interview with District Head

Interview Questions
    • Why are you a good fit for this position as opposed to someone else   Answer Question
    I got $2,000 more per year than they offered

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in July 2011.

The Hiring Process was very straight forward.

The recruiter called me and asked me if I was interested in moving to NY and gave me the Job Profile. Had a phone interview with a VP and the Hiring Manager and got invited for a 1:1 interview. The company paid for the airfare and had a car pick you up and drop you off from the airport. The 1:1 interview was very hectic with 6 people interviewing one after the another (including, SVP, VP, HR & Managers). Once that was done, I was asked to talk to another SVP and head of the group and was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What were your biggest challenges in the organization?   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate on the base and relocation. Could not negotiate on the bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2012.

Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2009.

I initially found out about the program from a contact within the company. After she passed my resume along I was asked to come in for an interview. After the interview the HR representative asked me to formally apply on the Avon Career website. About 3 months later I received a phone call/ interview from my potential internship boss. A week after that call i received the formal Internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think questions were hard. The hard part was thinking of questions to ask them.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in July 2011.

Internal reference, HR contacted by email, scheduled the interview, four rounds of interview with two senior managers, one application development manager. Final round with HR

Production Pl; Anner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2009.

1 telephone screening with HR and 3 back to back functional interviews (3 hours of interviewing in one sitting). The people were friendly but clearly frazzled and obviously annoyed by the time away from their desks.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suffern, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in December 2009.

Timely communications. Salary sensitive. Like to offer less what it is expected and interview on occasion was sometimes very personal and sensitive as well as depressing to hear from a potential employer how dissatisfied their management was.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult task you encountered in your past?   View Answer

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!