Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.6

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in December 2008.

Interview

Intensive interview process, multiple phone interviews and in-person interview. Personality and management style/skills test, drug test, background check required. Process can be excruciatingly drawn out, particularly if actively seeking employment while unemployed.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2010.

Interview

You meet a diverse set of business partners at the country, regional and global level. They are assessing for culture fit . It is a very relationship driven organization. Some of the interviewers are very confrontational but that is really about seeing how u maintain grace under fire. Be succinct factual . Pay attention to the bios of the people who u will talk with .The recruiter who has placed people there is a valuable resource. Use networking websites to see who u may know at the company.
    Remember if they are talking to you then they don't think who they have inside is the right fir so it is critical that u get a sense of what they need in a candidate that they don't think they have now internally. Again the recruiter should be helpful here. Finally it can only help if u know someone at the organization. CPG is a small world so chances are u do.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you will tell a executive business leader that their statement, conclusions or assertions was incorrect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do the research at what is the normal compensation. Be clear on your bottom line. be open to accept salary vs signing bonus vs ongoing bonus trade-offs

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in April 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, testing, 1 on 1 interview, another phone interview with District Head

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position as opposed to someone else   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got $2,000 more per year than they offered

Production Pl; Anner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

1 telephone screening with HR and 3 back to back functional interviews (3 hours of interviewing in one sitting). The people were friendly but clearly frazzled and obviously annoyed by the time away from their desks.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products (Northampton, England (UK)) in July 2009.

Interview

Mostly competency based questions - give us a situation where u used leadership skills to influence team members, where you had to convince senior professionals to arrive at a decision, where you used time management skills to solve complex problems.... interviewees were most graduate students (2nd gap year students)... culture was friendly.... had a new building coming up with a new office

Interview Questions

• Outline a situation that required you to take a particularly quick and definitive decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take charge of a group of people in order to achieve a particularly important outcome. Give me an example of something you have done to bring out the best in another person or when you created a learning opportunity for someone.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Suffern, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Timely communications. Salary sensitive. Like to offer less what it is expected and interview on occasion was sometimes very personal and sensitive as well as depressing to hear from a potential employer how dissatisfied their management was.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult task you encountered in your past?   1 Answer

Senior BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Very transparent.Different managers asked me around my technical skill sets.The VP asked about the soft skills & project management.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The Hiring Process was very straight forward.

The recruiter called me and asked me if I was interested in moving to NY and gave me the Job Profile. Had a phone interview with a VP and the Hiring Manager and got invited for a 1:1 interview. The company paid for the airfare and had a car pick you up and drop you off from the airport. The 1:1 interview was very hectic with 6 people interviewing one after the another (including, SVP, VP, HR & Managers). Once that was done, I was asked to talk to another SVP and head of the group and was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What were your biggest challenges in the organization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate on the base and relocation. Could not negotiate on the bonus.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2011.

Interview

very professional

Interview Questions

• Do you think Nokia will be able to thrive in the US market?   Answer Question

Interview

Got a call via recruiter and was asked general questions. about a week later, phone interview with hiring manager. He asked some questions about my research interests, industrial experiences and my dissertations and its applications in personal care industry.