Avon Products

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Phone interview. 2nd step is an online quiz, that pertains to actually performing the job. 3rd Phone interview with HR. Lots of paperwork to fill out and faxing involved. Took 3 months to find out if I had the job as people were away on vacation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertained to doing the job. Difficult to answer as the job description was not clear and guessing or basing your answer on previous work experience was not necessarily the correct answer.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Avon Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

I applied online and was accepted instantly. There is not much that goes into beginning, aside from a small fee. There was a couple of meetings that informed me of what the job entails and provided me with brochures and other company related necessities.

Senior Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Avon Products in January 2014.

multiple interviews including a phone interview, a video interview, an onsite interview and a HR interview.They basically try to understand the kind of person you are and if you are a good fit for the firm or not.

Sourcing Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2014.

Applied online via Linkedin and received a response within the next few days. HR Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator were extremely professional and friendly throughout the process. Entire cycle entailed a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, 30 minute phone interview with another Manager in the group, and two onsite interviews each about 1 hour in length. Interview questions were not too difficult and mainly involved my career interests and discussion about the role (as to be expected). Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of process/change management projects have you worked on?   Answer Question

Had a special circumstance where I was offered a higher position at my present company, but would have taken it if not for this situation

Development Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Applied, phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manger, in-person interview - 3 hr long process. During the phone interview the hiring manager was very rude. Asked me what job I was applying for. Shouldn't he know that before calling me. He was straight to the point though. The interview possess went very well. I asked the Hiring manager why the position was open. She stated that in the file, the previous employee left the company. I asked the hiring manager the same question can he was very vague and stated it was reorganization within the company.

Finance Manager Interview

The interview process was great. HR was very down to earth as was the hiring manager. I found avon associates to be nice and professional. The work life balance is not just a sell during the interview because it does exist as soon as you start with the company and lasts throughout the time you spend there. The offer came quickly and was not dragged out indefinitely like other companies. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question was asked maybe because I was well-prepared.   Answer Question
    No negotiation required

Research Scientist Interview

I posted my CV online. first received a phone call from HR with very generic questions on behaviors and salary expectation. a week later a phone interview was set up with the Hiring manager and another person from the group. three weeks later I was invited to on -site interview with the group as well as a couple people outside the group. overall nice and friendly people. lots of detailed technical questions from a couple scientists.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2010.

Applied for several postings over 2 years. Was called in over the two years for 1st and 2nd rounds of interviews for several postings but extremely slow moving. I received other job offers and had to decline when an offer was finally made. Few years later I was approached to come in a temp. Was hired 2 months later.

A bit rigid. Little room for negotiation.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2013.

4 rounds of interview first was a telephonic round second and third was face to face....asking about your previous experience....fourth was HR round.....finally I accepted the offer....gives a decent salary

Did not negotiate

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in April 2014.

Interview process seems to be ongoing...

Applied online (March 2014) and get called for phone interview ~3 weeks later (April 2014)

Had an initial phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with an Executive Director. I got invited to come in for an onsite interview 2 weeks later. I met with 2 Brand Managers, a Global Director, and the HR Manager.

I did not receive any feedback so I reached out (end of April) and was told the position just went on hold but I am still under consideration and I should check back in a month. So I followed up (end of May 2014) and got a response within 5 minutes that the position is still on hold and movement is expected in July and that I should follow up again.

So I followed up end of June and never got a response...no phone call/no email reply/no update to my status online...

Interview Questions
    • We flipped through a fashion magazine and I had to pick an ad and explain what I liked about it and what I did not like and why.   View Answer