Avon Products Interview Questions

2.6

Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morton Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2010.

Hiring is a free for all. A lot of people get hired because they know someone who works there, so management kind of has an expectation of who they are going to hire. The place has a lot of rules that they advertise to the public when listing open positions, but breaks them whenever they deem it "for the good of the business." The applications are all online now, and you can have someone who works there refer you if you know someone there. They do follow to a tee, their background check, and urine test policy though. They even ask former employers your sexual preference.

The interviewing is pretty straght forward. What do you have to offer us kind of business. They ask pretty standard questions regarding experience, references, etc. They also let you know right off the bat what they expect regarding physical condition, productivity, attendance, late shift, and other stuff, to make sure your up to snuff, and willing to bend for the needs of the company.

Interview Questions
    I had no negotiation. I needed a job, and they were offering

Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2012.

Applied online, HR phone screening, hiring manager phone interview, 1:1 interviews on site with 3 different managers (half day session). Overall process took about 2 months

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most challenging aspect of the direct selling industry?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate, however had to play the game to get what I wanted

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2010.

It was a great hiring and interview experience. I started off as a temp (1 month) but they saw potential in me plus I really wanted a full time job so they interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotation since I didn't have much experience in this specific role/area

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Long process but worth it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belmont, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2011.

the hiring process made everything look a lot more simple than it was. it is hard to generate income in this field when about 45 other people are more experienced in your line of work in "sales"

Interview Questions

i spent a lot more money trying to make this work than not

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in December 2013.

Interview and hiring is easy and laid back

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2012.

Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   View Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products.

Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products.

There is not really an interview. You just pay a ten dollar fee to get started and fill out some paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products.

There was no formal hiring or interview process. Once you decide to join Avon, you meet with upline and District Manager to sign contract. You pay your $10 to start and then have a few days to sell 1st campain and make 40%. Not enough time to actually get business started.

Interview Questions
    • How much money do you think you will make your 1st campaign?   View Answer