Avon Products

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.6

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2013.

4 rounds of interview first was a telephonic round second and third was face to face....asking about your previous experience....fourth was HR round.....finally I accepted the offer....gives a decent salary

Did not negotiate

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in April 2014.

Interview process seems to be ongoing...

Applied online (March 2014) and get called for phone interview ~3 weeks later (April 2014)

Had an initial phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with an Executive Director. I got invited to come in for an onsite interview 2 weeks later. I met with 2 Brand Managers, a Global Director, and the HR Manager.

I did not receive any feedback so I reached out (end of April) and was told the position just went on hold but I am still under consideration and I should check back in a month. So I followed up (end of May 2014) and got a response within 5 minutes that the position is still on hold and movement is expected in July and that I should follow up again.

So I followed up end of June and never got a response...no phone call/no email reply/no update to my status online...

Interview Questions
    • We flipped through a fashion magazine and I had to pick an ad and explain what I liked about it and what I did not like and why.   View Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

E-Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2010.

Was called in for an interview at McDonalds a few days after I applyed for the job online. She did the interview at McDonalds and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    making your own money doing it on your own time

Toxicologist II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/

Change Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Avon Products in June 2013.

I was first contacted by Avon's recruiter for a phone screen.
    Two round interview process. The first round was a group interview and the second round was with one of the hiring managers.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products.

I would like to not talk about my hiring process.I would like to not talk about my hiring process. I would like to not talk about my hiring process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

I was contacted by a headhunter and all the process was nice. Long, but nice.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation of a real a case was interesting but worthwhile.   View Answer
    I negotiated well . It was long, but all worked well.

Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in May 2010.

Hiring is a free for all. A lot of people get hired because they know someone who works there, so management kind of has an expectation of who they are going to hire. The place has a lot of rules that they advertise to the public when listing open positions, but breaks them whenever they deem it "for the good of the business." The applications are all online now, and you can have someone who works there refer you if you know someone there. They do follow to a tee, their background check, and urine test policy though. They even ask former employers your sexual preference.

The interviewing is pretty straght forward. What do you have to offer us kind of business. They ask pretty standard questions regarding experience, references, etc. They also let you know right off the bat what they expect regarding physical condition, productivity, attendance, late shift, and other stuff, to make sure your up to snuff, and willing to bend for the needs of the company.

Interview Questions
    I had no negotiation. I needed a job, and they were offering

Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2012.

Applied online, HR phone screening, hiring manager phone interview, 1:1 interviews on site with 3 different managers (half day session). Overall process took about 2 months

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most challenging aspect of the direct selling industry?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate, however had to play the game to get what I wanted