Avon Products

2.6

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avon Products in October 2010.

It was a great hiring and interview experience. I started off as a temp (1 month) but they saw potential in me plus I really wanted a full time job so they interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotation since I didn't have much experience in this specific role/area

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2010.

Long process but worth it

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products in August 2011.

the hiring process made everything look a lot more simple than it was. it is hard to generate income in this field when about 45 other people are more experienced in your line of work in "sales"

Interview Questions

i spent a lot more money trying to make this work than not

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products in December 2013.

Interview and hiring is easy and laid back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products in February 2012.

Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   View Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products.

Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience.   Answer Question

The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products.

There is not really an interview. You just pay a ten dollar fee to get started and fill out some paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products.

There was no formal hiring or interview process. Once you decide to join Avon, you meet with upline and District Manager to sign contract. You pay your $10 to start and then have a few days to sell 1st campain and make 40%. Not enough time to actually get business started.

Interview Questions
    • How much money do you think you will make your 1st campaign?   View Answer

Global Brand Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Avon Products.

Was a mess. I flew in for the day to interview, HR left me waiting over 30 minutes before starting the interview. Sent me to my next interview who asked me why I was late! HR hadn't even bothered to tell them I was late on their accord. I was hired, came for my first day, and my hiring manager didn't even come to pick me up from the lobby. There was a global meeting and after orientation all the other hires got picked up at like noon. The reception kept calling my boss with no answer. My two up boss happened to walk by about an hour later and was like hey! What are you doing out here! Come with me!

Interview Questions
    • They asked a segmentation question -- how would you segment the bottled water market?   Answer Question
    Was working with a recruiter. They were fair and paid competitively.

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in July 2011.

Internal reference, HR contacted by email, scheduled the interview, four rounds of interview with two senior managers, one application development manager. Final round with HR