Avon Products

118 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2013.

Interview Details – Process interview very slow, she promise to call, and she do it 1month later. The package is good, but the interview poor and the benefits so so....

Interview Question – Only 2 questions laboral. Experience and capacity with the pc....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Beneficts poor...

Franchise Dealer Interview

Franchise Dealer
Angeles, Angeles (Philippines)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2009.

Interview Details – ill just present the requirements, theres no interview. seminar only

Negotiation Details – you have to invite new recruits and you will get a token as a gift.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Independent Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2013.

Interview Details – I never recruited anyone.

Interview Question – Why isn't the new mascara waterproof?   View Answer

Avon Representative Interview

Avon Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in September 2010.

Interview Details – Actually my Avon lady recruited me, I helped with her sales an decided to do it myself to make ends meet.

Avon Independent Sales Representative Interview

Avon Independent Sales Representative

Interviewed at Avon Products

Interview Details – District Manager or Leadership Representative will go over how to become an Avon Independent Sales Representative. Only $10 to join. Will give you brochures and 40% discount core products in brochure your first campaign, and 40% off your 2nd through 4th campaign as long as you have at least a $50 order. After that, commission is based on how much you sell.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Associate Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward interviewing process. Met with a Sr. Manager and Director and was hired.

Interview Question – There weren't any crazy questions. Everything was very typical.   Answer Question

Global Finance Manager Interview

Global Finance Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via Monster.com. I went through one screening call before being called in to interview with 4 Senior Manager's and the hiring manager. These were supposed to be one-on-ones but instead we all went to lunch together and had a conversation. I had only met the hiring manager one on one. About two weeks later I was given an offer that I negotiated slightly.

Interview Question – Not structured. I was in a group setting at lunch. I was asked about what I knew about Avon and spoke of my experience of what I could bring to the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not very flexible. Avon is in tough financial shape but they make a decent offer if you are a few years out of school.

Executive Director, Organizational & Talent Development Interview

Executive Director, Organizational & Talent Development
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Avon Products in September 2013.

Interview Details – BAIT and SWITCH

i was contacted on LI by the TAM for the position noted above. she requested a resume and i sent one. she proposed a time for an interview.

at the beginning of the interview she mentioned that she was recruiting for several hr/od and changes roles (they are in the midset of a HUGE transformation and erp implementation) in addition to the for which she had contacted me. possibly holistic recruiting approach and all well and good. not so fast...

she asks me to walk her through my resume. it has 20 years of related but varied experience (consultant and practitioner; professional services and industry; public and private sector, firm and corp) so i tried to pinpoint her needs. she didn't really answer the question so i asked where she wanted me to start, grad school, experience 20 years ago, 10 years ago and she seemed to get irritated. hey, vague questions need clarifying lady.

this question bothers me because it is so obtuse and any smart consulting or business person will try to pinpoint the needs of the audience with pointed, specific questions. and we all know how the old "ink blot" test can screw people--the more one talks, explains, describes, the worse the interview goes. so i ask directly are you looking for job/role relevance and specific examples of work and experience (aka targeted selection or behavioral interviewing which is a better predictor of potential success) which related back to the ob or for (what i know to be the more common unstated desire) job transitions.

of course her preference was job transitions (and it irks me that people are unwilling to come out and ask for that up front) so they can play psychologist and assume your motivations for job changes, downtown, gaps etc and erroneously infer they "get it and then pass ill-advised judgement. and this is an attempt to screen people OUT, not in. i learned my lesson long ago you do want to make the answer to this request succinct, crisp, well-organized, positive, and polished, even more so than other role and responsibility related questions. so i get out my script, read it like i am talking not reciting, with confidence and ease, pause after every job to attempt to force follow up questions to get off this trail which almost never works but i still do it.

after i pass the perfunctory, isn't a derelict, has good reasons, rationale, and motivations for changes and transitions, she says, well, we like i said in the beginning, i'm looking for multiple roles and i think you are best suited for an HRBP. TOTAL bait and switch. so i proceed to inquire further, highlight my OD and change experience, leadership experience, org design experience (all documented in the JD) which she tells me was obtained in a consulting environment which is "not as good, no offense" as within industry and despite me redirecting her to my resume, and pointing out my industry employer experiences at the biggest HRO employer in the country, tells me my experience is "too low level" for what she needs, despite all my experience partnering, advising, and executing with C and E level leadership. then says, well, you've jumped around a lot, according to whom exactly, which is actually not true accordinly to industry research and averages about employment duration not to mention that each of the roles i accepted were part of a strategic plan to not pigeon hole me experience like trainers and generalists do.

so when i asked if she had any plans to consider me for which she initially contacted me, she asked why, and i stated that despite having a rich varied experience in different hr/talent mgt functional areas in different role capacities, that given i was an hrbp for several years 6 years ago, i was no longer at that level, not interested, and thus not looking for hrbp jobs.

i thanked for contacting me, apologized for wasting "her" time, and said i needed to prep for a call coming up in 15 minutes because i knew i would never want to deal with her again from a TA/recruiting standpoint. noting that i had spoken with her before many months ago for a cm position she had reached out to me for where she got stuck on my unwillingness to give a last salary detail of more than low 6 figures which can mean nothing more than a 20 MAYBE 30k variance 100-120 MAYBE 125-130 which we all know starts touching mid 100s.

way too many people in TA have terrible non best practices skill sets. and its worse when they're dealing with someone in that field. SHAMEFUL. (by the way, i looked at her LI profile, she changes/ed jobs on average, every 1-2 years and had the nerve to comment on places of employment 4, 6 and 4 years respectively not counting 1 project finite contract job.

Interview Question – walk me through your resume
are you interested in an hrbp position?
literally this was it because i pre-empted the call.
  View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in September 2013.

Interview Details – Efficient, polite, professional and friendly

Interview Question – None, all questions were relevant   Answer Question

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Independent Sales Representative
Raeford, NC

I interviewed at Avon Products in July 2013.

Interview Details – There was no direct interview. Jut went on line and signed up on the Avon website to join the Avon group. After paying the initial fee was then directed to my up line sponsor and the set up of my website.

Interview Question – There was no on line questions asked when I signed up for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed for this positionat this time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avon Products