Avon Products

Average Difficulty
121 candidate interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in July 2013.

Interview Details – Communicated via email, met at a restaurant for the interview, nice/pleasant manager who maintained a friendly conversational atmosphere rather than too formal, asked a lot of "what would you do" questions, requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word products, said there was another applicant after me but would call me that night (and did).

Interview Question – What would you do if someone was trying to contact me but you knew they were just being "needy" and did not have to speak to me directly (and my schedule was already booked).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The hourly rate was predetermined and there was no way to ask for anything else.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2009.

Interview Details – I initially found out about the program from a contact within the company. After she passed my resume along I was asked to come in for an interview. After the interview the HR representative asked me to formally apply on the Avon Career website. About 3 months later I received a phone call/ interview from my potential internship boss. A week after that call i received the formal Internship offer.

Interview Question – I don't think questions were hard. The hard part was thinking of questions to ask them.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Interview Details – As I was in an other country, i passed 2 interviews by phone and the third by skype.

Interview Question – What will be your ads value for our company ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociation

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2013.

Interview Details – Process interview very slow, she promise to call, and she do it 1month later. The package is good, but the interview poor and the benefits so so....

Interview Question – Only 2 questions laboral. Experience and capacity with the pc....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Beneficts poor...

Franchise Dealer Interview

Franchise Dealer
Angeles, Angeles (Philippines)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2009.

Interview Details – ill just present the requirements, theres no interview. seminar only

Negotiation Details – you have to invite new recruits and you will get a token as a gift.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Independent Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2013.

Interview Details – I never recruited anyone.

Interview Question – Why isn't the new mascara waterproof?   View Answer

Avon Representative Interview

Avon Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in September 2010.

Interview Details – Actually my Avon lady recruited me, I helped with her sales an decided to do it myself to make ends meet.

Avon Independent Sales Representative Interview

Avon Independent Sales Representative

Interviewed at Avon Products

Interview Details – District Manager or Leadership Representative will go over how to become an Avon Independent Sales Representative. Only $10 to join. Will give you brochures and 40% discount core products in brochure your first campaign, and 40% off your 2nd through 4th campaign as long as you have at least a $50 order. After that, commission is based on how much you sell.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Associate Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward interviewing process. Met with a Sr. Manager and Director and was hired.

Interview Question – There weren't any crazy questions. Everything was very typical.   Answer Question

Global Finance Manager Interview

Global Finance Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via Monster.com. I went through one screening call before being called in to interview with 4 Senior Manager's and the hiring manager. These were supposed to be one-on-ones but instead we all went to lunch together and had a conversation. I had only met the hiring manager one on one. About two weeks later I was given an offer that I negotiated slightly.

Interview Question – Not structured. I was in a group setting at lunch. I was asked about what I knew about Avon and spoke of my experience of what I could bring to the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not very flexible. Avon is in tough financial shape but they make a decent offer if you are a few years out of school.