Avon Products

118 candidate interviews

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Manufacturing Intern
Morton Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn and got contacted for an "internship event"/ interview the next day. The interview was one month away at the time. Drove to the manufacturing plant and was given a plant tour by the HR along with 3-4 other candidates. Met 3 other engineering managers that were gonna be the ones interviewing us. Was interviewed by 2 engineering managers, asked lots of behavioral questions and some case studies.

Interview Question – How would you handle workers that were constantly being unproductive?   Answer Question

DSM Interview

DSM

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Had 3 phone interviews and one in person interview.First couple of phone interviews were with the HR department. If you get pass that, then you get to talk with someone that may end up being your manager or on that same level. If you pass all of the testing and backgrounds then you get an in person interview. If you pass that you may have 1 more phone or in person interview with that persons superior

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult questions. Most were based on how you would react in certain situations and some examples of how you handled some difficult situations in your past employment experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They gave offer, you accept or decline. Pay and benefits are good, but keep in mind you'll be working an AVERAGE of 60-70 hours per week plus home office time. When you calculate that down to hourly it doesn't sound so great.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Analytical Chemist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted about 2 weeks later by human resources department to schedule phone interview with someone else. Phone interview was scheduled at 4PM, wasn't contacted until 4:30, so by the time they contacted me I was pretty anxious. Asked the typical interview questions, went over resume, asked me what my most difficult experience at work, wasn't expecting to answer questions like what are polymers etc.

Interview Question – What is a polymer?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed.Meet both you management team and clients. Definitely provide an opportunity to the candidate to learn as much as possible about the job and job expectations. No surprises.

Interview Question – What skills does your current manager feel you should improve upon?   Answer Question

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

Interview Details – Being open to different situations and able to talk to anyone on the fly about the job position. Dont be afraid to open your mouth and talk to everyone.

Interview Question – How would you feel about travel?   View Answer

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Interview Details – I sent a resume and after a month was contacted by the HR department, at which time I was given a pre-screen interview. I was advised that I needed to compelete an online talent assessment, which I did. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them to see the status of my application. Needless to say they have lost a loyal customer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Avon Products

Interview Details – Fairly easy, a few prelim calls with HR and 1 interview face to face with 3 associates

Interview Question – Why Avon   View Answer

District Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with someone from Training Department for initial interview and she advised that I would need to complete an online compatibility questionnaire. Which I did and then never heard back from them, even after checking in two weeks later.

Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Brand Marketing Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – General questions on leadership, focus on dealing with multiple priorities/new product launches. Also questions on working in a process-free/disorganized environment.

Manager In NA Strategy Interview

Manager In NA Strategy

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – I interviewed with HR, and then with hiring manager and two of her peers. They were primarily mostly questions about my fit with Avon and my resume. One did do a case study but it was reasonable and relevant to Avon so if you do your research, you would be fine.

Negotiation Details – Short and easy