Avon Products

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.6

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in July 2011.

Internal reference, HR contacted by email, scheduled the interview, four rounds of interview with two senior managers, one application development manager. Final round with HR

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in July 2011.

The Hiring Process was very straight forward.

The recruiter called me and asked me if I was interested in moving to NY and gave me the Job Profile. Had a phone interview with a VP and the Hiring Manager and got invited for a 1:1 interview. The company paid for the airfare and had a car pick you up and drop you off from the airport. The 1:1 interview was very hectic with 6 people interviewing one after the another (including, SVP, VP, HR & Managers). Once that was done, I was asked to talk to another SVP and head of the group and was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What were your biggest challenges in the organization?   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate on the base and relocation. Could not negotiate on the bonus.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2011.

Through a recruiter. Two in-person sessions, both with multiple people. Everyone was great, questions were fair, and the experience was positive. Once complete, had to do a background/reference check, and also take a urine drug test (standard 5 panel). My advice would be to prepare in terms of why you want to join and what you want to get out of your experience. Avon is a company currently undergoing a lot of change, so you have to understand and embrace that as well.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a case interview question about a specific marketing challenge and how I would solve it.   Answer Question
    None needed. Offer was very good, and they are a generous, respectful company in terms of negotiating the final details.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products in February 2011.

Pre screen on line exam; Talent recruiter interview then direct supervisor interview followed by the supervisor's boss interview. Recruiters and interviews were done with respect and professionalism.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avon Products in October 2010.

It was a great hiring and interview experience. I started off as a temp (1 month) but they saw potential in me plus I really wanted a full time job so they interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotation since I didn't have much experience in this specific role/area

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2010.

Applied for several postings over 2 years. Was called in over the two years for 1st and 2nd rounds of interviews for several postings but extremely slow moving. I received other job offers and had to decline when an offer was finally made. Few years later I was approached to come in a temp. Was hired 2 months later.

A bit rigid. Little room for negotiation.

Avon Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2010.

Actually my Avon lady recruited me, I helped with her sales an decided to do it myself to make ends meet.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in August 2010.

The first interview was over the phone with HR with general questions about my background and fit with the position. After a few weeks, I got a call to schedule an in-person interview. I had the interview with the hiring manager and 3 members of extended teams. I did not hear again for over a month. Then I was called for an in-person interview with a senior executive and another extended team member. Another month went by - I followed up and was informed that the feedback was positive. Two weeks or so later I received an offer and accepted.
    I had an extremely positive feeling when I spoke to every single person. The people were very nice and professional, and friendly at all times. I was a little irked at the long time it took -- it took over 3 months!! However, I was among the first candidates the company had interviewed, so to some extent the timing was understandable.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Avon?   View Answer
    • Why are you looking for a new position?   Answer Question
    • You have changed quite a few jobs, looks like you like to move around. What is the reason?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your background and how it is a good fit for the position.   Answer Question
    • Have you managed large budgets? What is the budget size that you have managed? What ideas and value can you bring to the table?   Answer Question
    I negotiated and received additional time off. The company was not flexible on other things such as title and role. I did not negotiate the salary because it was competitive especially given the tough economy.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products in July 2010.

Phone interview by HR analyst. Interview set up by HR assistant.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

Being open to different situations and able to talk to anyone on the fly about the job position. Dont be afraid to open your mouth and talk to everyone.