Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Idaho Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

Being open to different situations and able to talk to anyone on the fly about the job position. Dont be afraid to open your mouth and talk to everyone.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

I sent a resume and after a month was contacted by the HR department, at which time I was given a pre-screen interview. I was advised that I needed to compelete an online talent assessment, which I did. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them to see the status of my application. Needless to say they have lost a loyal customer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Fairly easy, a few prelim calls with HR and 1 interview face to face with 3 associates

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2013.

Spoke with someone from Training Department for initial interview and she advised that I would need to complete an online compatibility questionnaire. Which I did and then never heard back from them, even after checking in two weeks later.

Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products.

General questions on leadership, focus on dealing with multiple priorities/new product launches. Also questions on working in a process-free/disorganized environment.

Manager In NA Strategy Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products.

I interviewed with HR, and then with hiring manager and two of her peers. They were primarily mostly questions about my fit with Avon and my resume. One did do a case study but it was reasonable and relevant to Avon so if you do your research, you would be fine.

Short and easy

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2009.

Not very professional, two people may decide and agree on next steps

I was unable to negotiate, ideally these HR try to pay as for market standards

Research Scientist - Manager Interview

Got a call via recruiter and was asked general questions. about a week later, phone interview with hiring manager. He asked some questions about my research interests, industrial experiences and my dissertations and its applications in personal care industry.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suffern, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2013.

Applied Online. Two weeks later contacted by a recruiter at the Suffern, NY location. Scheduled a phone interview that day. Six days later went in for the first round interview. Talked to HR, hiring manager, Executive Director and a manager from another department. Called in for a second round interview for the following week. Talked to a VP, hiring manager and executive director again. Got an offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • They had me draw some organic structures. Not difficult but unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary. Very competitive offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2009.

Was great.. interviewed with Divisional Manager over the phone, then with Regional Manager in person. Got the job offer a week later. Had to negotiate salary..

Interview Questions
    • concern that I had never worked for a direct selling company before   View Answer
    very simple. I had to ask for more money, which I received.