Avon Products

118 candidate interviews

Commodity Manager Interview

Commodity Manager
Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2009.

Interview Details – Not very professional, two people may decide and agree on next steps

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate, ideally these HR try to pay as for market standards

Research Scientist - Manager Interview

Research Scientist - Manager

Interviewed at Avon Products

Interview Details – Got a call via recruiter and was asked general questions. about a week later, phone interview with hiring manager. He asked some questions about my research interests, industrial experiences and my dissertations and its applications in personal care industry.

Interview Question – How does your research impacts this world.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Analytical Chemist
Suffern, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Two weeks later contacted by a recruiter at the Suffern, NY location. Scheduled a phone interview that day. Six days later went in for the first round interview. Talked to HR, hiring manager, Executive Director and a manager from another department. Called in for a second round interview for the following week. Talked to a VP, hiring manager and executive director again. Got an offer 4 days later.

Interview Question – They had me draw some organic structures. Not difficult but unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Very competitive offer.

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was great.. interviewed with Divisional Manager over the phone, then with Regional Manager in person. Got the job offer a week later. Had to negotiate salary..

Interview Question – concern that I had never worked for a direct selling company before   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very simple. I had to ask for more money, which I received.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Avon Products in December 2012.

Interview Details – It's fine. She just asked me few questions.

Interview Question – It's in business field. Selling. Direct selling to be exact.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because I don't received a good payment from my customers.

Independent Sales Consultant Interview

Independent Sales Consultant
Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2009.

Interview Details – Give them $10 and you get a Start Up packet

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Representative of Avon Interview

Representative of Avon

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – just contact me or walk in any of avon abz and sign up as a rep and start selling avon products . all u need is 2 passport size photograph and an id proof or residential proof.

Interview Question – will you be able to collect an order of Rs.1250 across the brochure of avon within a month.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – start as a rep or leader

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Conroe, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Interview Details – very easy, spoke with representatvie over phone

Interview Question – How much do you think you can earn? Do you want to succeed?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough time to spend on catalog and customer parties.

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in November 2010.

Interview Details – All in place. First a phone call, and then a con call or a face to face interview with the reporting manager. The company is supportive incase you are relocating from a different place. If you have a big company tag in your resume, that helps.

Reason for Declining – I am attached to my category, and it is showing growth and progress, and i would like to make it reach a certain position before i leave.

Avon Interview

Avon

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – Start whenever it is convenient for you.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question