Avon Products

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was with HR on the phone. It took 2-3 weeks to get a call back for an in-person interview. The in-person was with HR and the hiring manager and consisted of typical questions such as "tell me about your background", "why are you looking to leave", "why Avon". It took another month or so to call me back for a second interview. The second interview was with the group VP and consisted of similar questions "tell me about your background", "why Avon". I also met with two cross-functional team members and the interviews were conversational. After another 2-3 weeks, I received an offer. Overall I think they look for skills set, background, and the right cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I negotiated vacation time. The salary was non-negotiable, and during the HR in-person interview the HR made it seem as though my salary expectations were high.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening interview - about 45 minutes in length.
Secondary phone interview with immediate supervisor.
Final phone interview with high level manager.
Attended sales meeting as a guest and conducted final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what prior work experience prepares you for this position?   Answer Question
  • How would you motivate a sales representative that needs encouragement?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – HR would not discuss negotiating salary and was unable to provide details regarding cost/coverage of medical benefits.

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in September 2013.

Interview Details – Efficient, polite, professional and friendly

Interview Question – None, all questions were relevant   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details – I had 6 interviews. Everything was well organized through external recruiter. The whole process was quick and painless.

Interview Question – Questions weren't surprising: work experience, accomplishments, what would you do in this and this situation.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process took really long. It really depends on the recruiter. Some recruiters are good about scheduling, some take a long time. It took two months to get the job.
I interviewed with HR on the phone. The in-person was with the hiring manager and her peer. The next in-person was with the VP and a peer. The offer was made in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were not very flexible. They only negotiated vacation. The HR had made it clear that the maximum salary was x during the interview, and they offered $2K above that.

Interview Details – Phone and onsite

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2010.

Interview Details – First I was sent a link to take an assessment. This was actually very motivating! Next I had a phone interview, then a face to face. Everything seemed to click very well and seemed like an excellent fit. I was instructed to spend a "day in the life" of someone already doing the job. I was given checklists to fill out and report back. The ride along was very interesting, and provided a great deal of insight towards the position and the company. I was told to send in the checklists and provide a commentary on the day and the hiring manager would contact me the next day to discuss everything. I did this, and the only communication I received was a generic computer generated email saying that they chose someone else for the position. I was shocked and very let down. I never had the opportunity to share my thoughts and ideas that I had learned from spending an entire day with a peer. This was a 10+ hour day with no pay. I sent an email to the hiring manager thanking her for the opportunity and letting her know that I was sorry that I didnt have a chance to share my ideas. Then I asked her what does she suggest I improve on so that I can be better prepared for the future. No response at all. Very sad because I felt a real connection with both the peer and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – how to motivate direct sellers who are virtually volunteers   Answer Question

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!