Avon Products

Avon Products Marketing Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products.

I would like to not talk about my hiring process.I would like to not talk about my hiring process. I would like to not talk about my hiring process.

Other Interview Reviews for Avon Products

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2011.

Through a recruiter. Two in-person sessions, both with multiple people. Everyone was great, questions were fair, and the experience was positive. Once complete, had to do a background/reference check, and also take a urine drug test (standard 5 panel). My advice would be to prepare in terms of why you want to join and what you want to get out of your experience. Avon is a company currently undergoing a lot of change, so you have to understand and embrace that as well.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a case interview question about a specific marketing challenge and how I would solve it.   Answer Question
    None needed. Offer was very good, and they are a generous, respectful company in terms of negotiating the final details.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in June 2010.

pretty straightforward interviewing process but did take a long time - possibly be/c many people were traveling? But also went through a recruiter who kept me apprised of what was going on.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in changing the category you work in to join us?   Answer Question
    Fairly straightforward; again, I used a recruiter who helped the process along.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products in August 2007.

Very easy, standard questions - educational and professional background, why you want to work there, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2007.

Avon interviews usually happen with HR, followed by category managers and the category VP. It is very much a personality test as much as it is behavioral and a skills assessment. The Avon culture is very consensus driven, and the ability to forge relationships and get buy-in is critical. While eagerness is valued - personalities that are too strong may be a put off in this "nice" culture.

Interview Questions
    • You are told you need to sell 8 purple cars. How would you market them?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avon Products in July 2009.

Mostly competency based questions - give us a situation where u used leadership skills to influence team members, where you had to convince senior professionals to arrive at a decision, where you used time management skills to solve complex problems.... interviewees were most graduate students (2nd gap year students)... culture was friendly.... had a new building coming up with a new office

Interview Questions
    • Outline a situation that required you to take a particularly quick and definitive decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take charge of a group of people in order to achieve a particularly important outcome. Give me an example of something you have done to bring out the best in another person or when you created a learning opportunity for someone.   Answer Question