Avon Products

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Avon Products

Interview Details – Fairly easy, a few prelim calls with HR and 1 interview face to face with 3 associates

Interview Question – Why Avon   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was over the phone with HR with general questions about my background and fit with the position. After a few weeks, I got a call to schedule an in-person interview. I had the interview with the hiring manager and 3 members of extended teams. I did not hear again for over a month. Then I was called for an in-person interview with a senior executive and another extended team member. Another month went by - I followed up and was informed that the feedback was positive. Two weeks or so later I received an offer and accepted.
I had an extremely positive feeling when I spoke to every single person. The people were very nice and professional, and friendly at all times. I was a little irked at the long time it took -- it took over 3 months!! However, I was among the first candidates the company had interviewed, so to some extent the timing was understandable.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Avon?   View Answer
  • Why are you looking for a new position?   Answer Question
  • You have changed quite a few jobs, looks like you like to move around. What is the reason?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your background and how it is a good fit for the position.   Answer Question
  • Have you managed large budgets? What is the budget size that you have managed? What ideas and value can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and received additional time off. The company was not flexible on other things such as title and role. I did not negotiate the salary because it was competitive especially given the tough economy.

Marketing Manager

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2008.

Interview Details – Avon recruiter contacted me throught CEW, interview was set up for the next week. The inteview was a positive experience, meeting with several people from the team. About 2-3 hours after the interview the recruiter called me to tell me they really liked me and would be extending an offer.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a project you worked on when you used analysis and strategy.   Answer Question

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!