Avon Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Processing Interview

Processing
Morton Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is a free for all. A lot of people get hired because they know someone who works there, so management kind of has an expectation of who they are going to hire. The place has a lot of rules that they advertise to the public when listing open positions, but breaks them whenever they deem it "for the good of the business." The applications are all online now, and you can have someone who works there refer you if you know someone there. They do follow to a tee, their background check, and urine test policy though. They even ask former employers your sexual preference.

The interviewing is pretty straght forward. What do you have to offer us kind of business. They ask pretty standard questions regarding experience, references, etc. They also let you know right off the bat what they expect regarding physical condition, productivity, attendance, late shift, and other stuff, to make sure your up to snuff, and willing to bend for the needs of the company.

Interview Question – I don't remember. It was a pretty long time ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no negotiation. I needed a job, and they were offering

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Manufacturing Intern
Morton Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn and got contacted for an "internship event"/ interview the next day. The interview was one month away at the time. Drove to the manufacturing plant and was given a plant tour by the HR along with 3-4 other candidates. Met 3 other engineering managers that were gonna be the ones interviewing us. Was interviewed by 2 engineering managers, asked lots of behavioral questions and some case studies.

Interview Question – How would you handle workers that were constantly being unproductive?   Answer Question

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!