Axalta Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

3.2

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Axalta (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

There were 4 people in the room and I was asked questions about my résumé and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. I was asked about the award I was given and why I enjoyed working at the job.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Axalta.

Interview

Phone interviews with recruiter and hiring manager in Europe. Was asked to complete detailed questionnaire and provide numerous references before phone interview. After the phone interview with the hiring manager, the company went completely silent for a month. I found out third hand there a candidate already with an offer that started three days after my phone interview. Absolutely the most unprofessional and unbelievable experience of my interviewing career, considering the amount of time spent answering their questionnaire and providing references.

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Front Royal, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Axalta (Front Royal, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

asked a group of simple questions , including talking about previous safety issues found and reactions to. If felt I could be on emergency response team, what I thought I would bring to them, etc. All very simple straight forward as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• The interviews are done by members of the hiring team- a group of workers from that site . The hardest question was if found to be acceptable through the interview process would I be able to attend 4 teamwork assessment classes held prior to the offer stage. This group are the sole members to comprise the hiring pool for an unstated number of jobs to be available in the future. No exact time for these classes is given. Very tough.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Axalta (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

They sent me an email to schedule an interview and provide travel details. After about a week, they sent me a travel itinerary. They provided plane tickets and car arrangements round trip. It was a half day of interview with members of various of the company. The interview described all the expectations and potential avenues to contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in coatings?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Axalta (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview process was quick. Onsite interviews were a bit delayed, met with 6 people from different functions which gave a good indication of culture and work environment. It is an old company of new hands in the executive ranks, and they want to get things right as they hire their new leadership. Seems like a great company that will evolve very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or quirky was asked, but they were definitely testing knowledge about Axalta and general business acumen.   Answer Question

Research Investigator/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Axalta (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

First I got a phone interview. After one week, they offered me the on-site interview. The on-site interview included a presentation and meeting with 12 engineers/scientists in the company. I want to say the on-site interview is a pleasant experience for me although I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• seveal behavior questions during phone interview. for on-site interview, almost all questions are relating to research.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Axalta in June 2010.

Interview

Strict testing, on line questionnaires, and panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name two of your heros and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set pay, no negotiation.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Axalta in September 2010.

Interview

University interview followed by phone interview. Interested in looking for new students to fill in the positions in Wilmington, DE. Asked behavioral and technical questions. No response after the interview. No further detail about the position when interviewed at the job fair. But informed with little detail when having phone interview.