Axcelis Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

Final Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axcelis Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the HR staff, inquiring about my background, and interest in the company. Was told she would like me to come in and interview in person, and was giving me a run down about the interview day. I told her I had interviewed years earlier, and she told me she would send me the interview information and confirmation shortly. Shortly after I got an automated email stating that my application was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and interest in Axcelis?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axcelis Technologies.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. We agreed upon the interview schedule. It was easy to follow and to adhere to. Interviewed with 5 staff members of varying management levels. There was no mention of bonus, therefore there was no negotiations. Staff was pleasant and informative about the position and company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to detail an instance when my team failed to deliver on a project. It was difficult to detail that given there wasn't a failure to reflect upon. However, I did go over huge huddles my team had to overcome in order to succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relatively easy.

Field Service Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axcelis Technologies (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very Professional- 2 Interviews with several Management levels and co-workers. Comfortable setting, honest, genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Written offer, which I accepted.

Robotics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Axcelis Technologies (Beverly, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying online was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening. After which I was invited to an onsite interview. Flight, Accommodation and Car was paid for by the Company (which was great). I was interviewed on site by 6 people ,5 of whom were engineers. The questions were highly technical (which I enjoyed) and overall it was a good experience. I was then given a tour of facilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was made a very generous offer (it was the first proper offer got from a large company). My recruiter even advised me on what number to negotiate. They were also willing to Apply for H1-B visa on my behalf which again was great. However at the last minute after having informally accepted the offer, it was never finalized as according to the excuse given to me they did not have the budget to hire anyone.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axcelis Technologies (Beverly, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Got a call from the HR who scheduled my phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked me general questions as to why I was interested in this position and where do I see myself in 5 years time etc.. Then I was called for an onsite interview. I met with 4 people who asked me about my past work experience and general questions about Software Quality Assurance Testing.

Interview Questions

• general QA questions and how do you interact with the developers...   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fixed and it was non negotiable

Final Test Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Axcelis Technologies (Beverly, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Every aspect of the hiring and interview process was conducted extremely professionally and without one single issue whatsoever. I had a phone interview that was about 30 minutes long. I flew up to Boston where an excellent vehicle was waiting. I drove owthout any issues directly to the hotel. The next day I had an interview that lasted about 30 minutes followed by a short tour of the manufacturing areas. When I got home I had a full physical and drug screen. After passing this I was hired and arranged to begin work two weeks later. A perfect hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several moderately technical (electronics) questions which I did not expect as I had been out of school for over 15 years and were the type of questions that were not even applicable to the job as I found out later.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating was conducted. I was told the salary I was qualified for and I accepted.

Test Engineer(Final) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Axcelis Technologies (Beverly, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

diode,rectifier,transistor,circuits based questions were asked and many more. The interviewers were nice but their questions were really hard took a while for me solve and hence I was out!!! A good company to work for if you get the offer,