Axel Springer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

Java Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Axel Springer in September 2014.

I submitted my resume and was contacted shortly afterwards by a recruiter who asked me to do brief 15 minute phone call. In the call he introduced the company and the position I applied for. He also asked me about my past experience and where I wanted to go career-wise. He then said he would pass my application on to the team which would be in touch with me soon.

About one week later I was contacted by an HR lady who invited me to a Skype interview with the team lead and another developer. Our conversation mainly focused on my past experience and I was asked a couple of high-level questions about different forms of testing and Scrum. Overall, both interviewers were very friendly and also gave me a more detailed introduction of their team.

Two days after the interview I was contacted by the HR lady who said that, unfortunately, they could not offer me a position that matched my skill set. Since the interview went quite well from my perspective, I asked her for the particular reason. She said that the team would be looking for a very specialized senior candidate and that I would not fit into that profile.

While I'm disappointed that they didn't proceed with my application, I liked their process and really appreciate the fact that they gave me quick and honest feedback.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ensure the quality of a large application that doesn't have any tests?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at Axel Springer in March 2013.

Personal Interview with questions on CV, professional experience, strenghts and weaknesses, etc.. It is important to be informed in advance about the company closely (including all relevant numbers)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Axel Springer.

3 Interviews, Just Simple, Skills question nonspecific

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Axel Springer.

Just wantend to know about me

Online Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Axel Springer in January 2010.

it was a talk with 3 editors about why i am good for the site, how i can improve its content and why i want to get this job. Overall impression was good. There is a nice team work atmosphere. Later there was a test when i had to pretend to be an online editor for one day writing and editing the news picture of the day without putting my work on the website. I was sending my stories directly to the editors online. Then there was the second interview. And that's it.

Interview Questions
    i got money i asked for and in general o had very friendly atmosphere so my advice just be yourself.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Axel Springer in March 2009.

Showing portfolio, speaking

Interview Questions
    • Why I want to change company?   View Answer
    • What kind of software I use the best and what subjects are nice to do for me - editorial, fashion, traveling?   View Answer

working hours, salary

Worked for Axel Springer? Contribute to the Community!