Axolotl

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Jose, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Axolotl in March 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through career fair at university. Got a phone screen scheduled immediately. The phone screen lasted for 45 mins, with knowledge based questions, mostly focusing on Java and OOPs concepts.
There were a couple of question on SQL, SDLC, Waterfall model and datastructures. Also had a couple of questions on previous work -ex.
Onsite interview consisted of Algorithm based questions, Math questions typically Algebra, probability and code writing.

Interview Question – Write a function in java to parse XML file.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Just a plain hourly salary dictated.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Axolotl in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewing for the Intern position. I was asked general questions about my resume and projects that I have done. Then some questions regarding data structures were asked. Like searching with array and its O notation. I was asked a question on Hash Maps and how it can be implemented for search.

Interview Question – Describe Hash Maps and what if hash collisions occur   Answer Question

Worked for Axolotl? Contribute to the Community!