Ayco

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ayco.

Had a quick phone call which asked to tell me a bit about myself, when I would be available, and my expected compensation.Then came in for an in-person interview and talked to the Training & Development Director of the division. They asked what I knew about the company, and went over a couple things on my resume. Asked why I chose my college. Next, I talked to an HR person. They asked the typical questions, 3 strengths and weaknesses, adjectives to describe myself. Every typical HR question that you could google and find, they asked--nothing surprising.

Interview Questions
    They accepted the salary I had asked for during the initial phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ayco.

Interviewed on a referral... 30 min phone interview with HR in NY, then 2 hour interview in irvine. Met with HR, an analyst, and 2 CFPs/Account Managers. Asked basic questions about resume, asked if I every did my taxes (entry level position), asked what I was currently reading... Most interesting part was receiving a formal rejection letter in the mail 3ish weeks after the in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the people were easy to talk to, but one of the Managers was a bit stand off ish   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I got the interview through a campus recruitment center. They set up the interview for me. The actual interview was pretty simple. They just asked questions about my previous work experience (part time retail and food service jobs) and education. I met with the HR manager and operations manager. I also had to take a test to show my attention to detail and accuracy... it was basically a bunch of sets of scrambled numbers where you needed to identify the set of numbers that matched the question. Very simple.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was the numbers quiz. Other than that everything was basic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Ayco in August 2014.

Interview process took about a weeks. Initial phone interview with basic questions about the company. Second interview was in the office, simple excel exam and short interview with a regional recruiter, and the third round was with one of the account managers and one of the VP. Process was easy, everyone was friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions was "Why Ayco", and the second was " Where do you see yourself in 5 years"   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ayco in August 2014.

Applied for Planner role but told would start as an Analyst and would have to work my way up. Thorough, but way too many stupid questions as if you were interviewing for the federal bureau of investigation. At times you would also feel talked down upon and made seem like your current job was only a small fraction of this job. Way too many responsibilities. Thanks but no thanks. Also set on salary number and will not budge.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Ayco in June 2014.

Had an initial basic phone interview which led to an in-person interview. Four people interviewed me separately. Most of them asked very similar questions to start and reiterated the same information that I had already been given about the company and its different departments. I was asked a lot about my experience and special abilities based on my resume as well as some basic technical questions based on my knowledge. The process was somewhat nerve-wracking and at times challenging, but nothing too extreme. I had to wait about fifteen minutes before the first interviewer showed up but then the interviews were in rapid succession and some felt slightly rushed. I received a fancy rejection letter in the mail several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a network that is running slower than expected, how can you work to improve it?   Answer Question

Level II Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ayco.

Resume and cover letter were submitted to HR and did not hear back about the position for at least a month. Received and initial phone call to set up a face to face interview, no formal phone interview. At the interview I interview with a manager from the division the position was for and then that was followed by a brief interview with a person from HR. It was professional yet casual with some small talk and getting to know each other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions consisted of mainly some school related topics since it was for an intern position. There were also general questions related to personality, What is a weakness of yours? and general business such as, What business information do you read regularly?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ayco.

very thorough

none

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ayco.

The hiring process wasn't that bad. I was offered a position. The pay was decent and the fact that you can put Goldman Sachs on your resume is also good. My impression was they seem to run it like a high end factor for wealth management. The people were very nice and during the interview I talked to multiple people. I wasn't really asked any difficult questions during the process. They really just ask you about why you want to be in financial counseling and what you hope to achieve. If you truly are interested and have demonstrated you can work hard and smart you will probably get a job with Ayco.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your thinking as to why you would do a Roth converation?"   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ayco in December 2013.

First round interview was on campus and was pretty standard, behavior type questions. Second round was at the Albany branch. Negative experience because during the first interview when asked about my salary requirements I was told they would not be a problem and at the second interview I was told the position payed 8 thousand less than I was told previously and the interviewer was unwilling to budge, so I wrapped up the interview early.