Ayco

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I interviewed at Ayco in February 2012.

Interview Details – First step was a phone interview, followed by an in person meeting with three VPs, then the final round was a discussion with the head of staffing and the head of the office.

Interview Question – Why Ayco?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, since I had an advanced degree I was able to negotiate an extra thousand dollars

Computer Programmer Interview

Computer Programmer
Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Ayco in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had an initial basic phone interview which led to an in-person interview. Four people interviewed me separately. Most of them asked very similar questions to start and reiterated the same information that I had already been given about the company and its different departments. I was asked a lot about my experience and special abilities based on my resume as well as some basic technical questions based on my knowledge. The process was somewhat nerve-wracking and at times challenging, but nothing too extreme. I had to wait about fifteen minutes before the first interviewer showed up but then the interviews were in rapid succession and some felt slightly rushed. I received a fancy rejection letter in the mail several weeks later.

Interview Question – If you have a network that is running slower than expected, how can you work to improve it?   Answer Question

Level II Intern Interview

Level II Intern
Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ayco.

Interview Details – Resume and cover letter were submitted to HR and did not hear back about the position for at least a month. Received and initial phone call to set up a face to face interview, no formal phone interview. At the interview I interview with a manager from the division the position was for and then that was followed by a brief interview with a person from HR. It was professional yet casual with some small talk and getting to know each other.

Interview Question – Questions consisted of mainly some school related topics since it was for an intern position. There were also general questions related to personality, What is a weakness of yours? and general business such as, What business information do you read regularly?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ayco.

Interview Details – very thorough

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Anonymous Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Ayco.

Interview Details – I got the phone interview in the afternoon. It was very friendly and last for around 15 minutes. The interviewer described main responsibilities of the job and asked a lot of questions about past experience. Whether you have done this, whether you have done that. Experience plays a key role in this position.

Interview Question – Do you have experience in retirement plans?   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Financial Services
Albany, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ayco in December 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview was on campus and was pretty standard, behavior type questions. Second round was at the Albany branch. Negative experience because during the first interview when asked about my salary requirements I was told they would not be a problem and at the second interview I was told the position payed 8 thousand less than I was told previously and the interviewer was unwilling to budge, so I wrapped up the interview early.

Interview Question – Three negatives, three positives about you   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ayco.

Interview Details – The hiring process wasn't that bad. I was offered a position. The pay was decent and the fact that you can put Goldman Sachs on your resume is also good. My impression was they seem to run it like a high end factor for wealth management. The people were very nice and during the interview I talked to multiple people. I wasn't really asked any difficult questions during the process. They really just ask you about why you want to be in financial counseling and what you hope to achieve. If you truly are interested and have demonstrated you can work hard and smart you will probably get a job with Ayco.

Interview Question – "What is your thinking as to why you would do a Roth converation?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Level I Interview

Intern Level I
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ayco.

Interview Details – Starts off with a phone interview and if they like you they call you in for an interview with the HR department

Interview Question – It was easy. Very basic strong/weak contribution questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you an hourly wage (good for intern pay)

Intern Level II Interview

Intern Level II

Interviewed at Ayco

Interview Details – Found through college site. Phone interview. Then on site interview.

Interview Question – Really basic personality stuff. how well do you work others. Give me a time you did this and that. Nothing too exciting or technical. Just personality   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ayco in March 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by an HR representative from their headquarters via email to set up a brief phone interview. After answering general questions about my background and experience I received an email asking for my college transcripts as well as SAT/ACT scores.

I provided the transcripts and scores, and was contacted a few weeks later to set up a formal interview. The interview was almost three hours, and consisted of filling out a detailed application including most of what was on my resume, plus additional references and other items. Then I interviewed with three employees, two of which were senior analysts, and one was in charge of training the new analysts.

After speaking with them for about 30 minutes, I had two more individual interviews with Financial Advisors (which was the role of the direct supervisor of an analyst). These interviews included general interview questions like my current position, my five year plan, etc. One of the interviewers seemed as if he were trying to trick you or catch you off guard, the other was more straight forward though.

Finally, after all the interviews were over, I was taken into a separate room to take an excel test on the computer, which tested basic excel skills and I finished in about fifteen minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, but I was traveling from about fifty miles away to interview, and one of the interviewers seemed very concerned that I lived too far away and wasnt serious about the position, which was somewhat of an uphill battle.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ayco

Worked for Ayco? Contribute to the Community!