Azusa Pacific University

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.0

Records Coordinator Interview

Interviewed in a group setting. Each asked a question, questions weren't too difficult. There usually is 3 interviews then they will give you an answer as to if you received the job or not.

Media Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Had several interviews, all at least 2 hours long. I first applied for the job with HR. A month later I was asked to submit written responses to a supplemental questionnaire, and a few months later I was invited to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some personal questions, but I wasn't asked anything ilegal.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

I was asked how my values aligned with the university admissions statement.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult work situation you have encountered?   Answer Question

Residence Director Interview

Interview process was well-explained, appropriately-timed, and very professional.

I believe there was an option to negotiate, but I did not.

Tutor Interview

I was referred for the class that I tutor by the professor. Essentially there was no interview and I was given the position after speaking with the head of the office. The work is completely dependent on whether or not the students enjoy your tutoring as they are the ones that can request certain tutors over another.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked when applying for the position. Essentially as long as you have an A in the course that you desire to tutor and you fill out the application you can become hired. The only caveat is that you are not guaranteed any appointments with students so it is essential that you do a good job tutoring with the few students that you are given so that you can be referred to other students   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Azusa Pacific University in September 2008.

I wanted to be a tutor for a class so I went into the learning enrichment center and I said, "I would like to be a tutor for this class" I then we told to fill out a few forms. Once I did I got the forms signed by the professor and I was in!

N/A

Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Azusa Pacific University in June 2008.

I had three interviews and it took about a month or longer to get hired. After working there, I can easily tell as others could also see that it is not the most qualified candidate they are interested in. They are immersed in nepotism and favoring friends.

Interview Questions
    • All questions where easy. I had no experience for my job, neither was I trained for it. Yet I excelled and made those above me terribly nervous. How I got the job, without the required experience is still mystery, though I have my strong suspicion, which would be a tangent here.   Answer Question
    There really was no negotiation. I was offered a salary a bit hired than I expected, yet in all the years I worked there--over 4 years, they only increased my salary by 4k despite being promoted to a difficult managerial position, in which I excelled with every single review being excellent.

Business Analyst Interview

Initial Communication and call took 2 weeks.
    Knowing someone at the organization helps.

Few questions on project management and time management

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficulty with a project and how you handled it   Answer Question

Residence Director Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Azusa Pacific University in April 2009.

The cronyism at APU's residence life program is off the charts. Time and time again I see great, qualified candidates get looked over for someone who is clearly underqualified. I don't see how they get away with over and over again. You have to be good friends with the staff members to even know when to apply. Times I've applied I have been told to to turn in my resume and application even before the job is officially opened by human resources. This shows me that are not really interested in recruited the best candidates, they are just interested in hiring their friends.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions: tell us about yourself, why res life, and other things that are clear already   Answer Question

Chapel Card Monitor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Azusa Pacific University in September 2008.

The interview for this position was very minimal and rather informal. However, informal interviews can often trick the job hopeful into a state of comfort, letting down their guard and losing the edge and passion within answers to interview questions.

N/A