Azusa Pacific University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.0

Residence Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

Two Skype interviews and one full-day in-person interview. Started the interview process in early April and was hired in early May -- about 1 month. The Skype interviews were both group settings and pretty standard Higher Ed questions were asked. The second Skype interview was probably the most difficult because it was a peer interview that included all other RDs. The on-campus interview was a full day but was the most fun. You meet with the Director, the Dean of Students, the Director of Student Life, a panel of various other Directors, and some students.

Interview Questions

• What transferrable job skills do you bring to this job?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

Apply, email for an interview, group interview, sometimes individual. I suggest going in and speaking with a supervisor then applying so they remember you. As long as you are a decent person you will get hired. Be conversational during the interview, don't get too nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship with God like?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Azusa Pacific University in February 2015.

Interview

They do not relate themselves with people in our everyday world. They Want You to be a perfect christian. I felt if i was Christian that they would not hire me or accept me.

Interview Questions

• What church are you connetter to   1 Answer

Records Coordinator Interview

Interview

Interviewed in a group setting. Each asked a question, questions weren't too difficult. There usually is 3 interviews then they will give you an answer as to if you received the job or not.

Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

Had several interviews, all at least 2 hours long. I first applied for the job with HR. A month later I was asked to submit written responses to a supplemental questionnaire, and a few months later I was invited to interview.

Interview Questions

• Some personal questions, but I wasn't asked anything ilegal.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

I was asked how my values aligned with the university admissions statement.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult work situation you have encountered?   Answer Question

Residence Director Interview

Interview

Interview process was well-explained, appropriately-timed, and very professional.

Negotiation

I believe there was an option to negotiate, but I did not.

Tutor Interview

Application

Interview

I was referred for the class that I tutor by the professor. Essentially there was no interview and I was given the position after speaking with the head of the office. The work is completely dependent on whether or not the students enjoy your tutoring as they are the ones that can request certain tutors over another.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked when applying for the position. Essentially as long as you have an A in the course that you desire to tutor and you fill out the application you can become hired. The only caveat is that you are not guaranteed any appointments with students so it is essential that you do a good job tutoring with the few students that you are given so that you can be referred to other students   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I wanted to be a tutor for a class so I went into the learning enrichment center and I said, "I would like to be a tutor for this class" I then we told to fill out a few forms. Once I did I got the forms signed by the professor and I was in!

Negotiation

N/A

Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

I had three interviews and it took about a month or longer to get hired. After working there, I can easily tell as others could also see that it is not the most qualified candidate they are interested in. They are immersed in nepotism and favoring friends.

Interview Questions

• All questions where easy. I had no experience for my job, neither was I trained for it. Yet I excelled and made those above me terribly nervous. How I got the job, without the required experience is still mystery, though I have my strong suspicion, which would be a tangent here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. I was offered a salary a bit hired than I expected, yet in all the years I worked there--over 4 years, they only increased my salary by 4k despite being promoted to a difficult managerial position, in which I excelled with every single review being excellent.