Azusa Pacific University Residence Director Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.5

Residence Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University.

Interview

Two Skype interviews and one full-day in-person interview. Started the interview process in early April and was hired in early May -- about 1 month. The Skype interviews were both group settings and pretty standard Higher Ed questions were asked. The second Skype interview was probably the most difficult because it was a peer interview that included all other RDs. The on-campus interview was a full day but was the most fun. You meet with the Director, the Dean of Students, the Director of Student Life, a panel of various other Directors, and some students.

Interview Questions

• What transferrable job skills do you bring to this job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Azusa Pacific University

Residence Director Interview

Interview

Interview process was well-explained, appropriately-timed, and very professional.

Negotiation

I believe there was an option to negotiate, but I did not.

Residence Director Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Azusa Pacific University in April 2009.

Interview

The cronyism at APU's residence life program is off the charts. Time and time again I see great, qualified candidates get looked over for someone who is clearly underqualified. I don't see how they get away with over and over again. You have to be good friends with the staff members to even know when to apply. Times I've applied I have been told to to turn in my resume and application even before the job is officially opened by human resources. This shows me that are not really interested in recruited the best candidates, they are just interested in hiring their friends.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions: tell us about yourself, why res life, and other things that are clear already   Answer Question