B.J. Vines

B.J. Vines Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at B.J. Vines

Stylist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at B.J. Vines.

My interview was extremely informal. I just chatted with the manager for about 15 minutes. I had already been a long time customer of Betsey Johnson (at a different location, I didn't know the staff here) and had existing knowledge of the company history, product, etc. I started working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was really asked was to pick three dresses I hated, and then turn them into head to toe outfits that I liked/would be able to sell to a customer. It wasnt very difficult for me.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at B.J. Vines in May 2009.

Went to the show room for interview. Pretty Brief. Asks questions about your experience in fashion industry/schooling, favorite things, why you love Betsey and etc. The interview took place in the showroom, met for about 20 minutes. Was contacted via email about hiring process. Fun place to work, if offered position would have taken it.

Interview Questions
    • When asked about school (was in fashion school) they wanted details of what was the most relevant and interesting class and why and what you learned and etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at B.J. Vines in January 2010.

Very quick interview basically review of skills

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at B.J. Vines in March 2008.

I got my interview from several employee referrals. The interview was very informal, and I wasnt asked anything about my work history or experience. I was asked to put several complete outfits together and then simply chatted with all of the sales associates so that they could get a good idea of my personality. I was offered a job on the spot.