B&G Foods

www.bgfoods.com

B&G Foods Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at B&G Foods

Production Supervisor Interview

There was no interview- I was selected by management to move up from Q.A. to Production Supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was asked to me was "What do you feel is one of the most important thing about being a supervisor?" My answer was "Knowing how to treat your employees, and showing them respect"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. At that time the company was Chipita, which was ran by Greeks. There is no negotiating with them, especially if you are a woman.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at B&G Foods.

I initially saw the post on a job board site and I got a call back from HR within a week. HR will ask you the typical 'why are you looking' question and it seems that depending if your answer is sufficient enough they'll bring you in. I was brought in immediately for an interview just a few days after the initial phone call.

Once you meet with one person from HR, it's not a structured interview. Again, they'll ask you 'why are you looking' and you'll be talking about their culture/benefits. Not much to worry about here.

The most surprising part of this was the IQ test. You are timed and you are told that you will be timed and you won't finish all the questions.

After this you are taken to the hiring manager of the team. Unfortunately the person who I met with didn't provide me with a chance to talk about my qualifications. It seemed that he's already read my resume beforehand, and when I interject with something in my resume he continued to take over the conversation.

No one reached out to me to let me know if I got the job or not.

Vice President/GM Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at B&G Foods in December 2012.

The hiring and interviewing process was very good and much what you would expect from a company like B&G Foods. The issue was the company was unsure what skills they wanted in a person. 4 interviews later they changed the spec of the postion on the fly and started the search all over again.

Open Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan City, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan City, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at B&G Foods in October 2010.

I filled out my application on the hood of my car in the parking lot 3 months before I was called. I received the call the interview was scheduled. I arrived at the interview and we talked about the company and what position I might be interested in. We discussed salaries and I agreed to come aboard. I have been there every since.

Interview Questions
    I told her that I would quit my current job if she could guarantee me that I would have no less than 35 hours per week. I would give 100% as long as I got enough hour to live off and provide for my wife.