B & H Foto & Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.9

Web Content Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics.

Interview

Easy interview, they just want to see you know your stuff. Also you have to prove that you're committed to a full-time job. Come prepared with questions, samples of your work if you're a photographer or writer, or whatever. Be confident and excited for the job. Let them know you really want to come work for them, and show your personality.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, just basic photo knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. I tried...

Photo Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very long. I felt like the interview questions were really strange. Too many to list, but I felt uncomfortable. Too many personal questions unrelated to the job. Asked only a handful of technical questions. Questions were asked and repeated in a different wording. BRING YOUR RESUME!!!! It's been awhile since I went on an interview, but rarely has anyone asked me for a copy of my resume. This time they did and unfortunately it didn't seem to go over so well. After every question I answered I was asked to give an example. The worst experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Is there anyone that looks to you for advice? Can you give me an example?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. It was with very nice people and no tricks. I was asked for an resume and was asked things like where did I hear about B&H and what I expected out of the job and if I had plans on staying there for a while.

Web Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics in July 2014.

Interview

Very nice, interviewers were very courteous and pleasant to deal with. Started with a phone screen then two on-site interviews. First interview was with different managers and developers. Second interview was with the CIO.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed by a well-heeled Senior Copywriter, who had done his research ahead of time. Interview was mainly focused on the craft and skill of writing in different forms re: short form, bullet form, long form.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward. Senior copywriter mainly concerned with me being able to do the job on deadline and reliably.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straightforward. Little room for negotiation based on experience. They already had an idea of how much they were going to offer for the job.

Sales Professional Interview

Interview

They first started me with people from HR and then they took me to the store where I talk to their managers and we talked about what happens in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I sent them a resume to their email I found on their website. I got a call a couple weeks later and they wanted me to come in for an interview. Once at the office I met the HR Rep and had about 45 minute interview. BRING A RESUME, its a big plus. At first the interview was pretty normal just the basic questions about life and such, then interviewer asked some person questions about who my suppose system is and such. After that he took me to the photo department head manager, where I met with him for a few minutes. He told me about the job and the type of people he likes to employee for the photo division. He didn't ask me much, it maybe lasted about 5 minutes. After that he sent me to the store and meet with the photo floor managers. I was with them for about 30 minutes or so talking about photo equipment and my past employers. I am a photographer so they knew I had a lot of real world experience. Once I was done there, they told me to head back home and that I should hear back from them soon. I got a call about a week and a half later, where they offered me the position. It was a really good starting salary with great benefits and lots of paid vacation. They take care of their employers

Interview Questions

• Who are the people in your life who you talk to about important decision?   Answer Question

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

Spoke with HR. Had first and only interview onsite. Bunch of technical questions by three guys for about an hour. I showed my enthusiasm and that showed a lot of positive character of me. Technical questions weren't that hard. They were average.

Interview Questions

• They asked how many system boards can be inserted in specific hardware that I didn't know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Spoke to HR person on the phone. I asked for $5000 bump and they willing accepted on the spot.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at B & H Foto & Electronics (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I have a phone interview first which lasted about 10 minutes. I came in, met with a few people. process did not take too long. Was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my IT knowledge   1 Answer

Application

Interview

B&H's corporate office is a block away from the store (440 9th ave). The occupy several floors but the main floor is the third floor. You can get and submit your application there. Once you've been called for an interview this is where you will go. I had to go back for two interviews because they needed me to meet with someone who wasn't available during my first interview. They called me a week later to offer me the position.

Negotiation

They offered me a starting salary and I foolishly took them up on what they offered (which I later found out was lower than it should have been).