B&Q

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.6

Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Store Heddinge (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Store Heddinge (Denmark)

I applied online – interviewed at B&Q.

Applied online. A week later they arranged a phone interview. She asked questions about what I have been doing, my experiences with customers and then how I would decorate a living room with an unlimited budget. Then shortly she called and arranged a group interview there were six of us. We first had to build a tower together, then we had to help customers on the shop floor, then we had to sell an item to the interviewers there were about 5 managers in the room but it was not intimidating at all. Then we had one on one interviews this process lasted for 3 hours. The next day I found out I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • when have u gone above and beyond with your customer service?   Answer Question
    When they ask you what min hours u want don't put a small amount if u want full time

Stock Replenishment Interview

Received email, had group interview, phone interview and solo interview
    HR was generally efficient in getting everything through at the beginning which is a positive however initial training was weak and negligent

Customer Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at B&Q.

Saw the job on Indeed.co.uk. Applied on the B&Q website. So far just a phone interview, waiting to hear back. They have a lot of phone calls so will get back by interview soon.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for B&Q?   Answer Question
    • What is good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you had to work as part of a team, what do you think is important in teamwork?   Answer Question
    • What is the most helpful thing you jave done this week?   Answer Question
    • Have you got a job already? Notive period? Looking for summer job? Have you applied for any other jobs? Are you expecting any other interviews/job offers?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at B&Q.

show you can communicate with the customers, know and be able to show that you have the skill to do the job that you are applying for.

Replenishment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at B&Q in July 2013.

After filling an exhaustive online query, i've been contacted for scheduling a phone interview. I've received the call in the expected period and had a phone interview that lasted for around 15 minutes. The major part of the interview was about repeating the same (computerized) questions that i've answered before.... a waste of time really. The last part was around 5 personal questions, and further details about the role.

Interview Questions
    • The question about which part of the house i would change.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at B&Q in May 2013.

Online application, including role specific questions and separate online suitability assessment. Interview arranged over the phone. Interview in store by store manager and HR specialist. Pretty standard retail focussed questioning (customer focussed, what is satisfaction, how would you deliver customer satisfaction etc), Usual questioning regarding experience and evidence to demonstrate how you've taken responsibility or delivered customer satisfaction. Shop floor walk around followed with opportunity to chat and explore options and possible career avenues.

Interview Questions
    • Name an organisation from which you've received great service and explain why you thought that they had delivered.   Answer Question

Showroom CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at B&Q in May 2013.

Online application, telephone call, into store, buddied up with a manager 15 minutes on the shop floor interacting with customers then picking a product from a range on a table and explaining its purpose and pro's of product followed by an individual interview.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty expected questions, eg. please explain a time where you provided outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at B&Q in August 2010.

company phoned after i completed online test. Time was arranged that suited. Seemed very relaxed and pleasant. Suited my availability

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at B&Q in June 2010.

The interview that I had with B&Q was very much the same as any other place, being asked questions about myself, and how I would be a competent asset to the company. I felt comfortable with the interviewer and didn't feel intimidated. The overall experience was pleasant and positive.

Decor Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at B&Q in June 2009.

to progress to an interview within the company i firstly had to endure a test through an electronic messaging service on the phone. questions such as "are you incoherent?" springs to mind (yes thats what is asked). Failed 1st time but 6 months later i tried again and succeeded

Interview Questions
    • after the automated phone call test, most difficult question i got was "what kind of person are you in the work environment, chatty or "yourself" kind of person. i chose chatty but for the right justifications, i enjoy the communication side of the job like chat to customers, find out what they are in for, and help them out with my advise, im not cut out for stacking shelves day in and out n not talking to anyone, im a social butterfly. best advise is if you don't know the right answer to the question at least justify what you have said in a positive manner   Answer Question
    standard payment hourly, -already advertised within the job description